View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:33 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
Recent Updates on the User Groups 
Site Admin

We have added a lot of the requested houses and groups to the user group options.

There are also a couple of interesting new groups -

"Guest Hosts" Group, if you have guest hosted on the podcast
in the past you may request to join this group (and gain the title "guest host") [there is also a group for the BOK podcast]

"Podcast Fanatics" Group - If you haven't been fortunate enough to guest host yet, but wish to stand out from the woody crowd, you can join this group to gain the "podcast fanatics" title.

Added Team Amin, Ashley, Kyle and Mimi groups for people who wish to have that special forum rank (team amin, team ashley, team kyle, team mimi)

"Bastards of Kingsgrave Fans" - Join this and make it your default group to get the title "Bastards of Kingsgrave Fan"

Note the general information from the first thread:

We have kept some houses based on post amounts, so you will have to keep on posting to get access to those houses (smallwoody, manwoody, blackwoody, etc). But you can always override the title you get from posting by joining one of the many open house groups

Edit: Note that when you join the house group, you need to change it to be your "default" group for the title to show up. That should also be under the usergroup settings on the left side under edit memberships or manage groups.

edit: For those that have been blessed with special titles:. Don't change your default group after that, unless you want to lose your special title.

Sun May 27, 2012 12:27 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

I've changed mine!

Now I feel like my true podcast fanaticism has been freed!! :D

Sun May 27, 2012 2:53 pm
Site Admin

Cool, let the ranks of the House Manwoody fanatics swell :mrgreen:

Thu May 31, 2012 1:25 am
Profile WWW
house manwoody mongoballer

Nice, may the Seven Kingdoms grow.

However...

the swords that are first to rise are those which know not of rust , to be a man who stakes honor with every post.... it's Blackwoody or bust.

He kept his face clean-shaven, but his thick hair fell to his collar like a valyrian mudslide, divided by a streak of gristle.His eyes seemed black as he sat outlined against the dying sun, sharpening his steel, but she had looked at them from a closer vantage and she knew that they were purple. Dark purple. Dark and angry. By tradition the Targaryens were the finest bakers in all the Seven Kingdoms... but Hotpie was Hotpie. - pg 237, A Rasher Of Bacon

Thu May 31, 2012 2:02 am
Profile WWW
podcast doctor

this is an important note for anyone with a custom usergroup title.............if you change your default group to another like one of the houses, or podcast fanatic, an then try to switch back to your custom title.........you lose your custom title.............just tried it and apparently just had my podcast doctor license taken away :(

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:39 am
Site Admin

Just couldn't resist the flame of team mimi, could you? :twisted:

Resetting your title now.

But a good point for everyone to know now (I didn't even know it was the case either), because the special titles are given out by hand and I don't want to have to be resetting them all the time. Don't change your default group unless you want to lose your special title.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:19 am
Profile WWW
house smallwoody mongoballer

can i have mine changed to "Stannis' Bitch"

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:29 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

Bah! i want to be a part of too many groups!!! I'll just go cry in the corner in a fetal position... :cry:

Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:53 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

Exodus wrote:
Bah! i want to be a part of too many groups!!! I'll just go cry in the corner in a fetal position... :cry:

I am in the same boat :( but I love the podcasts!

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:21 am
★wardens of the woody★

Argh, i want to join a subgroup but I'm not willing to lose my title. Hopeless!

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:38 am
podcast historian

It would be awesome if there was a badge-system like on boardgamegeek - I would SO join House Tully - and maybe House Blackwood - and maybe House Fanatics, wait...

Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:51 am
Profile WWW
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

I don't know what version of the board software we're running here, but it sounds like one of these two board mods might fit that bill:

[ABD] Medal System MOD for phpBB3
[RC]Multiple ranks (not linked to usergroups) - 1.01

Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:15 pm
Site Admin

To be honest I kind of like the board the way it is. Don't like it when it gets all cluttered up with badges and banners and such (glad people haven't abused the avatar and signatures options as technically they can get quite big on here)

In other news, I've made some new groups for VOK guest host and VOK fans.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

LordManderBlee wrote:

If your title is one of the automatic titles done by number of posts (anyone who gets to a certain number of posts gains the warden title) then I don't think it is lost. You just leave the group and it comes back to you. It is the custom title that are added individually to people that are lost permanently when you go into another default group.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:02 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Amin wrote:
LordManderBlee wrote:

If your title is one of the automatic titles done by number of posts (anyone who gets to a certain number of posts gains the warden title) then I don't think it is lost. You just leave the group and it comes back to you. It is the custom title that are added individually to people that are lost permanently when you go into another default group.

Good to know!

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:03 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 15 posts ]