View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Two different iTunes pages 
house micro-woody lord

I just got a new computer and went to download this podcast on the new computer.

When I search in iTunes, I only see a podcast with no picture, and it only goes up through episode 91. When I look at my old computer, where I was already subcribed and listening to episodes, I see the podcast with the skull picture, and it goes up through episode 95 (I also can see the one without the picture on my old computer).

I have already listened through episode 95 in iTunes, so I know that they are on there.

Does anyone know how to find the podcast that goes through episode 95 in iTunes?

Thanks.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:44 pm
for my freckles, your grace

Hmm this is strange. We'll have to see Amin knows what's going on. He's the itunes guy.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:45 pm
Site Admin

iTunes sucks - one of the many reasons http://blog.blubrry.com/2011/02/11/appl ... tionality/

Actually Mimi is the one who set us up on iTunes and probably knows more about it (which is why BOK isn't on iTunes yet)

My guess is that you are subscribed to the RSS feed in iTunes in your old comp. Try subscribing to the podcast in iTunes directly using our RSS feed, rather than searching the podcast store. Let me know if that fixes it.

http://podcastoficeandfire.com/?feed=rss2

I think the problem is with the podcast site/section on there itself not updating. I am out of town now and iTunes filth will never be installed on my laptop so I cannot check directly how it is looking right now. Things look bad on the web iTunes link, though - https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/a-p ... d292405976

I will try shortening the feed again, but not sure why that is a problem for our podcast and not others.

Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:20 pm
Profile WWW
podcast historian

I seem to have a similar problem - I often mentioned that my iPod (via the installed Store) does not find the newest 'cast. It still has episode 91 listed as the last one. I normally download via iTunes (on iTunes it seems to work) but not always.

Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:33 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody lord

Okay, I just subscribed using the RSS feed (a pain to figure out how since they updated the layout). I am seeing through episode 95 now, but I'm not sure if that is just because time has passed and it has made it to the other podcast link, or if it actually worked.

I'll just keep an eye on the website to see if I get it when a new one comes out.

Thank you for your help, Amin. I love the podcast. You guys are great.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:41 pm
house micro-woody lord

Also, it amuses me that Kyle called you the iTunes guy and then you spend a lot of your post blasting iTunes.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:43 pm
Site Admin

jebmak wrote:
Also, it amuses me that Kyle called you the iTunes guy and then you spend a lot of your post blasting iTunes.

Mimi summed it up well in ep 95 - "Amin, you need to quit it with you PC Master Race BS" :twisted:

BTW the web itunes seem to show up to episode 95, so I guess shortening the feed to 15 episodes rather than 20 worked.

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:49 pm
Profile WWW
team stannis

Amin is the Lothor Brune of APoIaF

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:04 am
Site Admin

Now if I could only get BOK working on iTunes...

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:48 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]