View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Favorite Host: Version 2 

who is your favorite host? (feel free to add more details with comments)
Mimi MongoQueen-HotEnoughToMeltTheWall 30%  30%  [ 106 ]
Amin-Canadian Sex Appeal 28%  28%  [ 100 ]
Ashley-GreenHair?PinkHair?SheCanCosplayMeAnyDay 19%  19%  [ 66 ]
Kyle-He'sSoooooDreamyCheekBonesLikeCersei 23%  23%  [ 82 ]
Total votes : 354

Favorite Host: Version 2 
Site Admin

Quote:
Mimi MongoQueen-HotEnoughToMeltTheWall 37% [ 50 ]
Amin-Canadian Sex Appeal 25% [ 34 ]
Ashley-GreenHair?PinkHair?SheCanCosplayMeAnyDay 15% [ 20 ]
Kyle-He'sSoooooDreamyCheekBonesLikeCersei 24% [ 32 ]

Total votes : 136

If APOIAF were a proportional democracy, from the current stats no one person could rule alone. Mimi could form a coalition government with any one person. Kyle and I are a few seats short of a being able to form a power block for now, unless we paired with Ashley.

But APOIAF is not a proportional democracy :twisted:

Tue May 22, 2012 8:19 pm
Profile WWW
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

Amin wrote:
Quote:
Mimi MongoQueen-HotEnoughToMeltTheWall 37% [ 50 ]
Amin-Canadian Sex Appeal 25% [ 34 ]
Ashley-GreenHair?PinkHair?SheCanCosplayMeAnyDay 15% [ 20 ]
Kyle-He'sSoooooDreamyCheekBonesLikeCersei 24% [ 32 ]

Total votes : 136

If APOIAF were a proportional democracy, from the current stats no one person could rule alone. Mimi could form a coalition government with any one person. Kyle and I are a few seats short of a being able to form a power block for now, unless we paired with Ashley.

But APOIAF is not a proportional democracy :twisted:

Actually, in the States, Mimi would have plurality. The legislature would be a mess, though. :P

"At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realise that that is not in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely, happy in the knowledge that it has helped you on your way."

Tue May 22, 2012 8:21 pm
Site Admin

You are right, I meant truly proportional democracy.

Tue May 22, 2012 8:28 pm
Profile WWW

Amin wrote:
You are right, I meant truly proportional democracy.

:lol: Of course.

"At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realise that that is not in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely, happy in the knowledge that it has helped you on your way."

Tue May 22, 2012 8:37 pm
house tinywoody lord

I love Amin's theories.

Wed May 23, 2012 2:22 pm
house micro-woody lord

I picked Kyle because he seems a lot like me, except a better actor and way better looking.

Wed May 23, 2012 9:29 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

i said amin but i think ashely is the funniest if that can be a point to add

Wed May 30, 2012 8:24 pm
house smallwoody mongoballer

I dunno if I can pick a favorite but this current group might be my favorite combination

The other hosts were good, too but since subject matter can really drive a podcast, we're probably at the apex of things to talk about=good podcasts

Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:57 am
Site Admin

Starkgaryen wrote:
I dunno if I can pick a favorite but this current group might be my favorite combination

The other hosts were good, too but since subject matter can really drive a podcast, we're probably at the apex of things to talk about=good podcasts

I agree, I really like the 4 person combination we have now and I think brynden would agree that this is kind of the golden age of the podcast right now.

By the way, we've added "Team Amin/Ashley/Kyle/Mimi" groups with the accompanying titles for those who wish to wear their particular devotion or allegiance with pride and the "Podcast Fanatics" group if you are just fanatical about the podcast in general (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1180&p=24308#p24308).

Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:18 pm
Profile WWW
podcast historian

Amin wrote:
I agree, I really like the 4 person combination we have now and I think brynden would agree that this is kind of the golden age of the podcast right now

Just because I made some kind of fan-statistics and some contributions to the best-of-project I don't feel to have the authority to decide that. Linecom1 starts to really become the podcast's maester in residence, if re really can finish his new project (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1258)...

Something I really can point out, is that the fanbase and the visibility in the whole aSoIaF-fandom have increased tremendously since the podcasts return from its 266-day-hiatus with episode 32 (Winter has come!). Since then you are working harder than before to always improve the podcast. The knowledge, number of hosts, length of episode and also the number of listeners have increased since then for sure.

Regarding the hosts I don't want to start a discussion who is responsible for that. But the chemistry between the 4 regulars at the moment seems to be very good. I'm really looking forward to an episode with only you 4 again. But thanks also to the others (Nancy, Ash2, Chase, Chris, Aaron, Ben) - without them the history of aPoIaF would definetly not be the same...

edit: 555! posts. :shock:

Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:24 am
Profile WWW
podcast doctor

brynden wrote:
Amin wrote:
I agree, I really like the 4 person combination we have now and I think brynden would agree that this is kind of the golden age of the podcast right now

Just because I made some kind of fan-statistics and some contributions to the best-of-project I don't feel to have the authority to decide that. Linecom1 starts to really become the podcast's maester in residence, if re really can finish his new project (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1258)...

well i certainly wouldnt qualify either, because ive only been here for a short while, and am in no way qualified to make a statement regarding "golden age" lol............you are the historian brynden.....

Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:35 am
podcast historian

I have joined only 3 months before you ;) ...

But I think we can agree that Amin should decide that himself.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:40 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody lord

I love everybody, but for my favorite, that is Mimi for sure. Mimi is super smart and funny, and incredibly wicked hot. Mimi you are the most awesome person in the history of podcasting, and definitely the most beautiful. I hope your back to recording episodes with the rest of the rockin hosts soon.

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:37 pm
podcast doctor

is it just me or is amin legitimately about to close in on mimi's lead? this shit is getting interesting.............

Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:07 am
house smallwoody mongoballer

linecom1 wrote:
is it just me or is amin legitimately about to close in on mimi's lead? this shit is getting interesting.............

Why must you make us choose?? :cry:

Seriously though, each one brings something special to the table, like a band where the whole is better than the sum of it's parts. (also in this imaginary scenario, Amin's on drums, Ashley on keyboards, Kyle with the axe and Mimi is, of course, lead vocals and frontQueen and y'all tour the country singing game of thrones songs. Oh and Larry is the cowbell "I got a fevah, and the only cure is more cowbell)
It's better when everyone's there. Although, the recent stand ins have filled in admirably.

Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:03 pm
mrs. sandor clegane

there's now 5 points between all of us :P

Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:46 am
night's watch

There isn't anyone that brings the podcast down with the current group. Can't say the same for some of the older lineups.

Mimi is a great host, Kyle is great as the "new" guy, Ashley - somebody needs to defend Sansa. Amin wins for me though with his amazing theories and shocking amount of knowledge.

Great stuff guys, keep up the good work.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:31 am
podcast convert

Amin's closing in on Mimi... I smell a possible upset.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:15 pm
podcast doctor

Lex wrote:
Amin's closing in on Mimi... I smell a possible upset.

just when you thought canadians were harmless and friendly...............they go and try to usurp the podcast iron throne.........

if there was ever a time for mimi to return to the podcast and defend her realm..............the time is now......

(for fucks sake there are new people who listen to this podcast who have no idea who mimi even is anymore {serberic} [http://podcastoficeandfire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1189&start=60}] )

#TeamMimi

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:29 pm
for my freckles, your grace

linecom1 wrote:
Lex wrote:
(for fucks sake there are new people who listen to this podcast who have no idea who mimi even is anymore {serberic} [http://podcastoficeandfire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1189&start=60}] )

Yeah but he knows who I am and has a sweet ass Beric avatar. #BestFanEver!

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:02 pm
house micro-woody lord

I miss the beautiful voice and charisma that Mimi brings to the podcast, return soon Mimi.

Great job though to everyone else, you guys are doing a fantastic job.

Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:46 pm
podcast historian

A quote from the shoutbox (from Redwoody) - it is nice

Redwoody wrote:
I must admit that Ashley is quite keen.
And you really can't go wrong with more Amin.
Good Kyle adds a lot to ANY scene.
But fuck ME,
I miss the damn Podcasting Queen.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:51 am
Profile WWW
house bolton

Too hard to choose...I closed my eyes and randomly clicked....you're welcome Amin, sorry rest of the podcast crew!

"No tales were ever told of me. Do you think I would be sitting here if it were otherwise? Your amusements are your own, I will not chide you on that count, but you must be more discreet. A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule. Make it yours."

Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:23 pm
house manwoody

mimi is door creaking fabulous. Her potty mouth is awesome. Super feisty and fun to listen to. Since I am married, she must be my paramour. Keep table flipping. I am more of a book thrower. After I read the RW, my 3 year old son could only say "Hodor" after being hit with the book. :-)

Kyle the lemoncake killer brings good humor to the podcast and has more knowledge than his "shocking lack of knowledge" he does very well when interviewing too. It is great when Amin gets you to act out the lines in the book.

Amin shocks me sometimes because he seems so mellow and then comes out with a hilarious sex theory or Roz comment. You talk about Roz all you want.

Ashley I am with you on middle finger. Much better in the books as is Sandor.

I am not choosing a favorite.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:13 am
podcast doctor

wheredowhoresgo wrote:
mimi is door creaking fabulous. Her potty mouth is awesome. Super feisty and fun to listen to. Since I am married, she must be my paramour. Keep table flipping. I am more of a book thrower. After I read the RW, my 3 year old son could only say "Hodor" after being hit with the book. :-)

Kyle the lemoncake killer brings good humor to the podcast and has more knowledge than his "shocking lack of knowledge" he does very well when interviewing too. It is great when Amin gets you to act out the lines in the book.

Amin shocks me sometimes because he seems so mellow and then comes out with a hilarious sex theory or Roz comment. You talk about Roz all you want.

Ashley I am with you on middle finger. Much better in the books as is Sandor.

I am not choosing a favorite.

as official poll master i must insist you vote. remember choosing a favorite does not mean that you dislike the others. for example my favorite Avenger is thor, but that doesnt mean i dislike hawkeye, iron man, or cap america, it just means my fav is thor.........so....... who is your thor??

Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:30 pm
house manwoody

Mimi then. She has a great voice and a serious passion for the series.

Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:44 pm
podcast doctor

wheredowhoresgo wrote:
Mimi then. She has a great voice and a serious passion for the series.

lol im such a poll bully, thanks for playing along and welcome to the forums. also remember to click the name when you vote. ;) :ugeek:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:26 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

this great voice thing is totes boggling my mind, y'all. i know none of us can stand listening to ourselves on the podcast, but my cringing in particular is quite severe. y so nasally, mimi.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Profile WWW
podcast doctor

mimi wrote:
this great voice thing is totes boggling my mind, y'all. i know none of us can stand listening to ourselves on the podcast, but my cringing in particular is quite severe. y so nasally, mimi.

are you referring to episode 1 mimi, episodes 2-30 mimi, or episodes 31-90 mimi........just curious because those are all different voices. :lol:

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:04 pm

mimi wrote:

At least you don't sound perpetually congested as I apparently do. :(

EDIT: And for the record, I think your voice sounds lovely, Mimi.

Last edited by gsdg on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next