View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 8:04 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Best of A Podcast of Ice and Fire - Archive 
★wardens of the woody★

Episode 13- 85' hosts discuss what relationship in the series mirrors one in their own lives, I thought it was touching and thought provoking

Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:26 pm
house micro-woody☹

I just listened to the last podcast--which was my first. I think I will then listen to the future ones and start with the first one as well. Great work--loved the last one!

Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:41 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Re-listening to these old podcasts is like re-reading A Game of Thrones. You guys talking about when A Dance with Dragons will be out is like listening to Ned's plans to put Stannis on the throne. :D

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:24 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mordion wrote:
Re-listening to these old podcasts is like re-reading A Game of Thrones. You guys talking about when A Dance with Dragons will be out is like listening to Ned's plans to put Stannis on the throne. :D

haha, SO TRUE. i love it when we start talking about GoT and chris predicts that it'll never happen. I C U GETTING IT WRONG, NEDDARD.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:47 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Episode 14- 85' 30" Chris would name Craster as Grand Maester
Episode 14- 93' 30" Chris accuses Mimi of being homophobic, Mimi announces that she's 'mega-gay'
Episode 16- 86' 25" Mimi says Chris doesn't like black people, then everyone laughs about Aaron's Quiet Isle sex parties and fishwives, almost as funny as the original instances, and both mention in the same short block here
Episode 18- 29' 16" Mimi explains what she'd like to do with Frodo, then transitions seamlessly into being a pedophile
Episode 18- 98' 12" Chase does Littlefinger impression
Episode 20- 24' 05" Mimi defends throwing children out windows, backs it up with a hypothetical about rimming a cat
Episode 20- 96' 40" Chase and Mimi defend spousal abuse in the case of Cersei and Catelyn
Episode 20- 98' 50" Disclaimer: things the podcast doesn't approve of, listen a little longer for Cersei's proclivity for beating the disabled, Mimi's further insistence that the Dothraki are perfect in all ways
Episode 20- 110' Chase reads excerpt from Ned's fever dream
Episode 20- 111' 50" Dude, Knights of the Kingsguard don't talk it out.

Thu May 05, 2011 12:14 am
house manwoody lord

Episode 35 (Blackwoody Returns)
The cast reading the "Joff fires Barristan the Bold" scene (40:40 - 44:10)
Of all the funny moments of the podcast, this is the one I've had to rewind most for the sheer hilarity.

Thu May 05, 2011 10:06 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mordion wrote:
Episode 14- 85' 30" Chris would name Craster as Grand Maester
Episode 14- 93' 30" Chris accuses Mimi of being homophobic, Mimi announces that she's 'mega-gay'
Episode 16- 86' 25" Mimi says Chris doesn't like black people, then everyone laughs about Aaron's Quiet Isle sex parties and fishwives, almost as funny as the original instances, and both mention in the same short block here
Episode 18- 29' 16" Mimi explains what she'd like to do with Frodo, then transitions seamlessly into being a pedophile
Episode 18- 98' 12" Chase does Littlefinger impression
Episode 20- 24' 05" Mimi defends throwing children out windows, backs it up with a hypothetical about rimming a cat
Episode 20- 96' 40" Chase and Mimi defend spousal abuse in the case of Cersei and Catelyn
Episode 20- 98' 50" Disclaimer: things the podcast doesn't approve of, listen a little longer for Cersei's proclivity for beating the disabled, Mimi's further insistence that the Dothraki are perfect in all ways
Episode 20- 110' Chase reads excerpt from Ned's fever dream
Episode 20- 111' 50" Dude, Knights of the Kingsguard don't talk it out.

OH GOD WHY IS EVERYTHING I SAY TERRIBLE AND IMMEDIATELY REGRETTABLE.

jeremy - i totally agree with you there. it's probably my favorite podcast moment ever, mostly because it completely impromptu and came together so fluidly.

Thu May 05, 2011 4:19 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Mimi, you are awesome and we love you.

Thu May 05, 2011 4:27 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Thu May 05, 2011 4:31 pm
Profile WWW
house micro-woody☹

Oh god I forgot about the slashfic one :D

You guys should send this to HBO & GRRM to rub in their faces. Let them see who they denied scent boxes and free breakfasts!

Fri May 06, 2011 4:10 am
house blackwoody lord

Witty Username Here wrote:

You guys should send this to HBO & GRRM to rub in their faces. Let them see who they denied scent boxes and free breakfasts!

I listen to the Sword and Laser podcast with Veronica Belmont and Tom Merritt, and after dropping another week's worth of AGOT news Veronica remarked something to the effect of "we've practically become the Game of Thrones podcast or something!" I like S&L, and Veronica in general, but it hurt to hear that because S&L -did- get the scent box and they most certainly are not the podcast of ice and fire, official or otherwise. Crooked wangs, creaking doors, straddled Neds and twincest aside, it's APOIAF that has puts in the years of work and effort to hold that title. And I'd argue that it's the adult-oriented focus of the books that brings out the immature comments. How else could the fans deal with seeing their favorite characters die or be mutilated, shamed, crushed, folded and spindled with such casual disregard by a mastermind author?

Mongoballer for life, baby.

Fri May 06, 2011 4:29 am
house mormont

Apocalypse Dan wrote:
How else could the fans deal with seeing their favorite characters die or be mutilated, shamed, crushed, folded and spindled with such casual disregard by a mastermind author?

with absolute disgust and loathing for all of humanity, coupled with deep despair.

Fri May 06, 2011 11:44 am
for my freckles, your grace

Apocalypse Dan wrote:

Mongoballer!! Dan I love how you have embraced mongoball. It warms my heart.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Fri May 06, 2011 1:30 pm
house blackwoody lord

Kyle wrote:
Apocalypse Dan wrote:

Mongoballer!! Dan I love how you have embraced mongoball. It warms my heart.

I love the shit Mimi comes up with. Her mouth opens and magic comes out of it. Not shadowbaby magic either.

Fri May 06, 2011 2:51 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Apocalypse Dan wrote:
Her mouth opens and magic comes out of it.

thanks, dan! i'm going to use this as my sales pitch when i have to start selling blowjobs to make ends meet. oh, the expenses of podcasting.

Fri May 06, 2011 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Apocalypse Dan wrote:
Witty Username Here wrote:

I listen to the Sword and Laser podcast with Veronica Belmont and Tom Merritt, and after dropping another week's worth of AGOT news Veronica remarked something to the effect of "we've practically become the Game of Thrones podcast or something!" I like S&L, and Veronica in general, but it hurt to hear that because S&L -did- get the scent box and they most certainly are not the podcast of ice and fire, official or otherwise. Crooked wangs, creaking doors, straddled Neds and twincest aside, it's APOIAF that has puts in the years of work and effort to hold that title. And I'd argue that it's the adult-oriented focus of the books that brings out the immature comments. How else could the fans deal with seeing their favorite characters die or be mutilated, shamed, crushed, folded and spindled with such casual disregard by a mastermind author?

Always feel free to send in friendly, corrective comments when someone tries to usurp our title :ugeek:

Fri May 06, 2011 11:08 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

What is a mongoballer? I might have missed it in listening to the podcast.

"Don't read him as children do, for amusement, nor as the ambitious do, to be instructed. No, read him in order to live." - Flaubert

Sat May 07, 2011 4:51 pm
house blackwoody lord

Poe to the Pulps wrote:

A mongoball is a Mongolian house. Hence, a mongoballer is a Mongolian basketball playa.

Like Kobe Bryant only with mustachios and with more horses. Same amount of rape though.

But mongoballers never wear mascara or corsets. It's in the rules.

Sat May 07, 2011 5:12 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Poe to the Pulps wrote:

oh LORD.

technically called ger in mongolian (which means home), it's a house that is commonly erected by mongolian nomads (cue somebody LOLing at "erected"). in turkish, it's called a yurt, and that's become the common terminology.

in mandarin chinese, it's referred to as a mongu bao. mongu is mandarin for mongolian, and bao actually refers to a steamed bun. apparently, mongolian dwellings resemble food.

of course, the podcasters (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, KYLE) decided to bastardize it into "mongolball." OF COURSE.

Sat May 07, 2011 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Ah...well then....

okiedokiely

:roll:

"Don't read him as children do, for amusement, nor as the ambitious do, to be instructed. No, read him in order to live." - Flaubert

Sat May 07, 2011 6:07 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Cha siu bao is delicious. And looks a little like a Mongolian house.

Sat May 07, 2011 6:30 pm
house blackwoody lord

mimi wrote:
Poe to the Pulps wrote:

oh LORD.

technically called ger in mongolian (which means home), it's a house that is commonly erected by mongolian nomads (cue somebody LOLing at "erected"). in turkish, it's called a yurt, and that's become the common terminology.

in mandarin chinese, it's referred to as a mongu bao. mongu is mandarin for mongolian, and bao actually refers to a steamed bun. apparently, mongolian dwellings resemble food.

of course, the podcasters (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, KYLE) decided to bastardize it into "mongolball." OF COURSE.

Mimi I was already laughing at the word erected, then i read over to the next sentence and saw you mentioning people laughing at the word erected. Truly, you know your audience. :lol:

Sat May 07, 2011 6:32 pm
house blackwoody lord

When I listened to that podcast, I thought "she said errected and nobody said anything? weird..." and then the next moment Mimi commented on exactly that... = )

Sat May 07, 2011 7:18 pm
house micro-woody☹

How did we get from our favorite podcasts/passages to mongoballers, gers and yurts?? But that is why i love the podcast and the forums.

Just to get further off topic, Mimi could you please explain again what your name translates to in different languages(with pics as well).

Tue May 17, 2011 1:14 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

haha, i can't tell whether or not you're being serious with that request.

new compilation: best criticisms of the podcast of ice and fire:

1. THE DELIVERY AND BANTER CAN GET QUITE BASE AT TIMES.
2. SHOCKING LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.
3. SOUR CIRCLE OF SPITE.

Fri May 20, 2011 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
for my freckles, your grace

mimi wrote:
haha, i can't tell whether or not you're being serious with that request.

new compilation: best criticisms of the podcast of ice and fire:

1. THE DELIVERY AND BANTER CAN GET QUITE BASE AT TIMES.
2. SHOCKING LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.
3. SOUR CIRCLE OF SPITE.

These guys are practically making our t-shirts for us.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Fri May 20, 2011 10:30 pm
house BOOX

You forgot vapid dull and prattling.

Sat May 21, 2011 5:40 pm
house blackwoody lord

don't forget that you're offending our ears, Mimi!

Sat May 21, 2011 5:51 pm
☁ podcast artist ☁

mimi wrote:
Poe to the Pulps wrote:

oh LORD.

Ohhhhhh...A mongolian house...i though your were referenceing Mongolian ass(buns)...my mistake

Sat May 28, 2011 8:50 am
house micro-woody lord

Kyle's epic chapter summaries are the best

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:55 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next