View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Episode 78 
house micro-woody☹

Summaries for all Season 2 episodes: http://winteriscoming.net/features/episode-guide/season-two/[/quote]

I saw those earlier. I thought he said something about knowing about a certain something happening in the last episode around the crypts. I thought there could possibly be a page that actually has the episode summaries. Thanks Lex for the quick response.[/quote]
Hmm, maybe those aren't what he was talking about. I wouldn't know for sure, because I try not to read them.[/quote]

Haha I totally get it. I try to avoid them too for the most part. but there is one thing I am looking for and I'm worried I'm gonna flip a table if they don't have it. No worries. Thanks again.

Fri May 18, 2012 5:32 pm
house micro-woody lord

My favorite part of this episode was where Amin invited like a gojillion people on to the podcast to talk and then 20 minutes later was all "oh man, there are TOO MANY people on this thing." silly Amin.

I was also appalled when Ashley didn't include Seattle in her "most asian northwest cities" list. maybe she should come visit?

Fri May 18, 2012 6:52 pm
for my freckles, your grace

ZeroCool wrote:
I was also appalled when Ashley didn't include Seattle in her "most asian northwest cities" list. maybe she should come visit?

There are lots of asians in Seattle? This is good news because asians love tall white guys and I am heading to Seattle for most of the summer. Grab a beer when I get up there ZeroCool?

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Fri May 18, 2012 7:20 pm
Site Admin

There is an issue with itunes syncing with this episode - I believe it is still not showing up there?

Fri May 18, 2012 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
wildlings

Amin wrote:
There is an issue with itunes syncing with this episode - I believe it is still not showing up there?

It's odd. I can access the episode through iTunes on my laptop, but not on iTunes through my iTouch.

*Edit* Works now!

Aftershow is just a jumble of people, voices upon voices.

Last edited by Pho3niX on Sat May 19, 2012 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 18, 2012 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
podcast doctor

Way to bring it podcast crew!!! soo proud of you guys this week, i knew you had it in you. great stuff--

-officially a huge fan of guest host steven/vikingking now that guy is the shit, love the historical knowledge he brings, he did a great job guest hosting the boiledleather audio hour podcast as well, make sure to get this dude back

-ashley: fuck yeah, good job, fav moment was......."stutter, stutter, ......you shut up kyle"

-lex: good job again, ........but please lex STOP BULLYING THE OTHER podcast hosts and guest hosts, you are such a bully, let them talk....... ;) ;) ;) , also nice guitar stuff

-love the old school cluster fuck after show

-one of the best shows without mimi ever (i thought the canadian edition had the title previously, but this one may take the cake)

-miss you mimi!, whenever you can we all would love it when you get back, but otherwise solid effort..........

4.75 lemoncakes from me for this podcast................

Sat May 19, 2012 12:00 am
podcast convert

linecom1 wrote:
-one of the best shows without mimi ever (i thought the canadian edition had the title previously, but this one may take the cake)
Well, 3 out of 5 of us this week were Canadian!
linecom1 wrote:
-officially a huge fan of guest host steven/vikingking now that guy is the shit, love the historical knowledge he brings, he did a great job guest hosting the boiledleather audio hour podcast as well, make sure to get this dude back
I realized after the podcast that I've seen Steven before on "Stupid for Game of Thrones" (on youtube a couple weeks ago, during their Bryan Cogman interview), dropping impressive historical knowledge (comparing GOT characters to real historical figures)!
linecom1 wrote:
-lex: good job again, ........but please lex STOP BULLYING THE OTHER podcast hosts and guest hosts, you are such a bully, let them talk....... ;) ;) ;) , also nice guitar stuff
Oh, my criticisms from last year? I've retracted those comments (I'm a full-on, born-again apoiaf convert), but... Christina, if you're reading this, you can bully me any day. ;)

Last edited by Lex on Sat May 19, 2012 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 19, 2012 12:35 am
podcast historian

FTWard wrote:
The after show was cruel for poor brynden.

I still have not heard the epsiode but now I fear for my sanity :)

BTW: iTunes shows the epsiode - but the nice Blackwoody-Logo is missing again.

Sat May 19, 2012 1:36 am
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

I lost track of who was talking in the aftershow, but it was a really great episode! I had it one as I was running errands today, and I frequently found myself sitting the car for ten minutes after parking because I couldn't bear to stop listening. Well done!

Sat May 19, 2012 1:41 am
podcast historian

halfway through - some first comments:

- vikingking and lex are doing a good job - the crew is awesome as always
- vikingking totally sounds like alex (toth) - i know i may have said that before about someone else - but its true. or do you us-americans all sound so similar??

- regarding the distances:
GRRM said that he DID NOT intend that the people use the wall as scale. He never wanted to bother with exact numbers. Thats also one of the causes why does not give any time-spans and dates. He always says that the map should be considered in a way that the maesters see the world. A little bit like old maps in our world - they are similar to our maps but not very accurate.

But the fans are cruel - there are people who try to figure that out:
http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/
http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/timeli ... hp#faq_3.1
http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/to ... -timeline/
http://www.sermountaingoat.co.uk/timeli ... hp#faq_3.6

you should TOTALLY use the guitar-theme as new starting theme...

Sat May 19, 2012 3:07 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody lord

Kyle wrote:
ZeroCool wrote:

There are lots of asians in Seattle? This is good news because asians love tall white guys and I am heading to Seattle for most of the summer. Grab a beer when I get up there ZeroCool?

Kyle, i will buy you so many beers when you come to Seattle. and i mean that in the most hetero way possible.

Sat May 19, 2012 4:03 am
podcast fanatics ☺

Belwas wrote:
Exodus wrote:
Though I also still don't get the hype about HD TV.... soooo... ya...

I will never again take any of your opinions as valid sir! A few examples:
http://www.tomshw.it/guides/hardware/guide/20060705/images/btv_hd_sd_comparison_big.jpg
http://www.videospectacular.com/images/HDvsSD_full.jpg

Thats another discussion though... :)

Those pictures are bull. When I watch sports on a normal TV it's still crystal clear. Unless your using bunny ears your picture should never be that blurry or grainy. I've seen both HD and no HD next to each other in multiple stores. The only difference. The HD TV was brighter.

Sat May 19, 2012 4:24 am
podcast fanatics ☺

Belwas wrote:
Also i think it is unfair to talk about the hotness of guest podcasters if these forums do not contain the pictures you are talking about! ;)

Seconded

Sat May 19, 2012 4:26 am
podcast fanatics ☺

ZeroCool wrote:
Kyle wrote:
ZeroCool wrote:

Kyle, i will buy you so many beers when you come to Seattle. and i mean that in the most hetero way possible.

Even in the most hetero way possible... I fear for kyle's innocence.

Sat May 19, 2012 4:32 am
podcast historian

Good episode - great lines and everything. I have the feeling the "Best of"-Project has to seriously consider everytime Kyle says "That's what she says...". But these lines to find will be nearly impossible.

But from the statistics POV it is hard to categorize. Amin claims that there are 20 people on-air. But there were only 9 speaking:

Amin
Ashley
Kyle
Lex
Steven / vikingkingq
Noah
Alex Toth
Claudia / Claudiometer
Dana

And thats it, correct me please when I'm wrong. And with 9 hosts (5 regular and 4 call-in) its no challenge to 11 hosts (The wolf and the lion) and its 5 call-ins OR GirlsNO2 with 18 regular boobs...

Sorry for everybody else - but if you don't talk...

And btw: I also fear for Kyle.

Last edited by brynden on Sat May 19, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 19, 2012 4:54 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Mimi's Fate in Episode 68 (for the ongoing Best of A Podcast Of Ice and Fire project):

http://www.podcastoficeandfire.com/wp-c ... sode78.mp3

linecom1 wrote:

Best ones without Mimi will always be the Guys Night Out episodes in my opinion - if you count them among the regular shows, that is. Otherwise, yeah, Canadian Edition was pretty good (and the full cast of it will be showing up again in the future for an "off-topic" podcast episode :geek:) Episode 78 I am sure will have a lot of moments making into our "best of the podcast" project.

linecom1 wrote:

-miss you mimi!, whenever you can we all would love it when you get back, but otherwise solid effort..........

Mimi will be back to be sure, do not go jumping out that Dornish tower :mrgreen: We're hoping to harness the power of R'hllor to resurrect Mimi for the episode 10 finale review, but first Kyle needs to take one for the team and sleep with Melisandre sans shadow condom.

If that doesn't work, Mimi will be riding back in full force on dragons to podcast again after season 2 ends. Kyle, Ashley and I will hopefully keep the city under control until then.

Sat May 19, 2012 12:34 pm
Profile WWW
house smallwoody lord

Amin wrote:
Mimi will be back to be sure, do not go jumping out that Dornish tower :mrgreen: We're hoping to harness the power of R'hllor to resurrect Mimi for the episode 10 finale review, but first Kyle needs to take one for the team and sleep with Melisandre sans shadow condom.
As if he wasn't growing too old for Mimi's taste already. :(

Sat May 19, 2012 12:40 pm
for my freckles, your grace

linecom1 wrote:
but first Kyle needs to take one for the team and sleep with Melisandre sans shadow condom.

Done.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Sat May 19, 2012 1:18 pm
podcast convert

Amin wrote:
Mimi's Fate in Episode 68 (for the ongoing Best of A Podcast Of Ice and Fire project):

Amin, YOU MONSTER!

Sat May 19, 2012 3:25 pm
Site Admin

@ brynden - I called a ton of people on skype (not 20 but a high amount), but only some picked up, yeah. Dena is spelled Dana btw (for your logs).

@ Lex - Woah :mrgreen: Next thing we know, someone will make a GIF or jpeg slideshow subbing in my face and Kyle`s for Theon and Luwin in that scene (with the audio in the background) :o

Edit - just saw the second pic :shock:

Sat May 19, 2012 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
house blackwoody lord paramount

Lex wrote:
Amin wrote:

Amin, YOU MONSTER!

I will say though... Amin that would be an awesome look on you man. :lol:

Sat May 19, 2012 6:10 pm
house smallwoody lord

Glad the podcast got put out, even if there was a lot of people trying to talk all at once, I found it amusing as always.

Also, I couldn't resist..... :lol: You guys had me cracking up, I love Ian Glen and all, but I was not thinking romance cover during that scene, I was thinking he looked like an old dude that just ran up a bunch of stairs, lol. He's still sexy though.

Mon May 21, 2012 4:57 pm
house manwoody lord

Great episode. A great mix of knowledge and chaos.

Tue May 22, 2012 6:52 am
house tinywoody mongoballer

linecom1 wrote:
Way to bring it podcast crew!!! soo proud of you guys this week, i knew you had it in you. great stuff--

Agreed, Steven/Vikingking and Lex were great! I totally agree with most of Steven's observations (and you're hilarious). Nice job pulling some great guest hosts. Also liked that Ashley seemed very talkative this time!

Good job all around, fun episode.

Tue May 22, 2012 9:34 am
Profile WWW
☑ guest host ♘

A Man Knows wrote:
I am not sure what Steven Attewell goes by on the boards, otherwise I would message him directly. But if you read this, I would love to know where you got the synopsis for the last few episodes of the season. I heard you mention something about that and I would love to take a look at them. Thanks!

I go by Vikingkingq.

EDIT: and thanks for the complements! :oops:

Last edited by Vikingkingq on Tue May 22, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 22, 2012 2:25 pm
☑ guest host ♘

A Man Knows wrote:
Lex wrote:
A Man Knows wrote:
I am not sure what Steven Attewell goes by on the boards, otherwise I would message him directly. But if you read this, I would love to know where you got the synopsis for the last few episodes of the season. I heard you mention something about that and I would love to take a look at them. Thanks!

Summaries for all Season 2 episodes: http://winteriscoming.net/features/episode-guide/season-two/

I saw those earlier. I thought he said something about knowing about a certain something happening in the last episode around the crypts. I thought there could possibly be a page that actually has the episode summaries. Thanks Lex for the quick response.

I was reading between the lines of the Episode 10 recap, regarding the crypts.

Tue May 22, 2012 2:26 pm
house smallwoody mongoballer

can you guys list the final time on some where so i know if i got the whole download?

Wed May 23, 2012 10:42 am
Site Admin

Episode is 2:27:48 in length. You can always download the episode from the main downloads section of our website if you don't trust itunes or the web playback.

Wed May 23, 2012 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
house smallwoody mongoballer

Amin wrote:
Episode is 2:27:48 in length. You can always download the episode from the main downloads section of our website if you don't trust itunes or the web playback.

I dont trust my shitty work internet

See i only got 2:15:12 after 4 hours of downloading

Wed May 23, 2012 11:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2