View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
APOIAF review on the Unspoiled podcast. 
★wardens of the woody★

I'm getting you fans all over the place now :D -

Natasha gives a review of A Podcast of Ice and Fire -

Starts around 33:12

http://www.unspoiledpodcast.blogspot.co ... 6-jon.html

Thu May 17, 2012 12:20 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Hey. Thanks for promoting our podcast, it was a good listen - fair enough opinions there and hope she joins our forum at some point. Listened to bit after the part she talked about us - they have an interesting dynamic (married couple, with a Mimi like wife and conservative husband, lol).

But I would ask that you keep your enthusiasm positive - while your? "sacks of shit" comment in recommending our podcast over another podcast they referred to was kind of funny, probably not a good idea (if it was in the same breath as recommending us), even though it is obviously your own opinion and not representative of the podcast. We already inadvertently unleashed linecom1 on the podcast riverlands, I think we need to be diplomatic now or risk being blamed for other podcast heads being smashed in.

Thu May 17, 2012 1:18 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Amin wrote:
Hey. Thanks for promoting our podcast, it was a good listen - fair enough opinions there and hope she joins our forum at some point. Listened to bit after the part she talked about us - they have an interesting dynamic (married couple, with a Mimi like wife and conservative husband, lol).

But I would ask that you keep your enthusiasm positive - while your? "sacks of shit" comment in recommending our podcast over another podcast they referred too was kind of funny, probably not a good idea (if it was in the same breath as recommending us), even though it is obviously your own opinion and not representative of the podcast. We already inadvertently unleashed linecom1 on the podcast riverlands, I think we need to be diplomatic now or risk being blamed for other podcast heads being smashed in.

Of course. 8-)

And I think Linecom1 just took up my banners that week (The Podcast where he went off on them) when I called them a bunch of cu**s during one of the episode review topics and he came to my rescue when people started to attack me for using such harsh language. But you of course are right about bashing them, but I'll continue to hate them all the same, but it has nothing to do with this Podcast and I'll keep it away from here for the most part.

As for the sack of shit comment, that was just one long rant that I had about them that ended with, "For great and funny podcast, listen to A Podcast of Ice and Fire." Because I'll always name drop you guys to any fan of the series. But all that hate is gone now, I got my rant out. :)

Thu May 17, 2012 1:38 am
Profile WWW
podcast doctor

...............she mentions "......APOIAF always seems to go for the easy joke........................"

cmon, manwoody is an easy joke, but the feathered hat theory? the jokes about jaime being ned's son? 'ten things i hate about chris' ????

hmmmmmmmm.........i certainly dont want to, but i may have to call for my:

SWORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu May 17, 2012 3:24 am
Site Admin

Some of the "easy joke/low brow" review comments came (I think) was when she was talking about another podcast, not ours actually :mrgreen:

Thu May 17, 2012 3:27 am
Profile WWW
podcast doctor

Amin wrote:
Some of the "easy joke/low brow" review comments came (I think) was when she was talking about another podcast, not ours actually :mrgreen:

yep you're right...............aaaand that my cue to get coffee

Thu May 17, 2012 4:01 am
team stannis

Amin wrote:
they have an interesting dynamic (married couple, with a Mimi like wife and conservative husband, lol).

I like thier dynamic, but come on! There are no women like Mimi. There's only Mimi.

Thu May 17, 2012 7:22 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

linecom1 wrote:
...............she mentions "......APOIAF always seems to go for the easy joke........................"

i thought she was talking about cast of thrones?

Thu May 17, 2012 8:27 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

FTWard wrote:
Amin wrote:
they have an interesting dynamic (married couple, with a Mimi like wife and conservative husband, lol).

There are no women like Mimi. There's only Mimi.

Nice one - probably going on Mimi's business card :mrgreen:

Thu May 17, 2012 11:08 am
Profile WWW
podcast convert

She said the show can be a "slog" without Mimi. Mimi, COME BACK! :cry:

Thu May 17, 2012 11:24 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Amin wrote:
FTWard wrote:
Amin wrote:

There are no women like Mimi. There's only Mimi.

Nice one - probably going on Mimi's business card :mrgreen:

FUCK. YES.

Thu May 17, 2012 11:51 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Yeah, she was talking about Cast when she said they go to the easy joke and that this Podcast is witty with theirs.

Thu May 17, 2012 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
podcast doctor

i think the hostess hit the hammer on the head with her depiction of the dynamic between mimi and all us "mimi fanboys/fangirls" out there.........she put it in a really funny way and simultaneously made me feel creepy.........

also, Mimi.......where the fuck have you been and what the fuck is up with all this "sleeping" that you've been doing.........you need me to write you a script girl?

Thu May 17, 2012 5:09 pm
for my freckles, your grace

I haven't listened to Unspoiled before, but the two of em sound like cool folk. I'd love for one or both of them to join us sometime and like Amin said I hope she comes and says hi here. I love being able to converse with and hear from other podcasters out there.

I have to agree with her a bit. Mimi is very important to this podcast and I don't think we'd be anything close to what we are today without her opinions, stories, knowledge or sex appeal. She's been the voice of APOIAF since the beginning. There have only been a handful of episodes she has not been a part of and honestly I think we're still learning how to record an episode when she's not around. (That's my opinion, mind you.)

On a personal note, I feel bad about the last few episodes. Our lives (at least mine for sure) have been crazy and it's shown in the quality of the last few episodes. Mimi and Amin have been on the road and in hotels. Ashley has been rolling out of bed early to record with us. I've been living out of bags the past couple of months, couch crashing, hoping to find a place to live. I say all this not for so you'll feel bad for us, but just to show that we love you guys. We try very hard to put out episodes in a timely fashion for you. Some may not be as good as others or plagued with technical problems, but we try every time to have a good Manwoody style chat and I thank all of you for being the best fans ever and going on this roller coaster ride with us.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Thu May 17, 2012 10:05 pm
podcast convert

Kyle wrote:
On a personal note, I feel bad about the last few episodes.
So do I! I've been a guest on 2 out of 3 of them, and have appreciated the invites, but I can't compensate for the lack of Mimi! I'm not a good substitute. :(

Last edited by Lex on Thu May 17, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 17, 2012 10:21 pm
team blacksmith

Kyle wrote:
On a personal note, I feel bad about the last few episodes. Our lives (at least mine for sure) have been crazy and it's shown in the quality of the last few episodes. Mimi and Amin have been on the road and in hotels. Ashley has been rolling out of bed early to record with us. I've been living out of bags the past couple of months, couch crashing, hoping to find a place to live. I say all this not for so you'll feel bad for us, but just to show that we love you guys. We try very hard to put out episodes in a timely fashion for you. Some may not be as good as others or plagued with technical problems, but we try every time to have a good Manwoody style chat and I thank all of you for being the best fans ever and going on this roller coaster ride with us.

Nothing but respect; I just hope all the busy-being is positive (or at least leading that way). It's been said before, but it's really cool that you guys shrug off wacky-to-uncomfortable real life conditions to record. Definitely appreciated.

Thu May 17, 2012 10:25 pm
★wardens of the woody★

And this is why we have the greatest Podcast of them all. Ever person who has done this podcast, from start until now, has my ultimate respect for putting on such a great show. I wish I had a bunch of money so I could actually pay this podcast weekly for the top notch material you give us.

Thu May 17, 2012 11:02 pm
Profile WWW
house micro-woody lord

Shut up, Usurpationblitz! Don't make the rest of us cheap bastards look bad!

Fri May 18, 2012 5:24 am
house tinywoody lord

Hi, guys! I'm the hostess! Nice to meetcha!

Fri May 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Profile WWW
house tinywoody lord

inkasrain wrote:
Kyle wrote:

Nothing but respect; I just hope all the busy-being is positive (or at least leading that way). It's been said before, but it's really cool that you guys shrug off wacky-to-uncomfortable real life conditions to record. Definitely appreciated.

:shock: Dude, with some backstory on what's happening with your lives, I gotta say I got mad respect for you getting out a show at all. PROPS.

Fri May 18, 2012 9:16 pm
Profile WWW
for my freckles, your grace

PhatWalda wrote:
Hi, guys! I'm the hostess! Nice to meetcha!

Hey Hey Hey Welcome!

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Fri May 18, 2012 10:17 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

Jace wrote:

It's ok dude, calm down. He said he wished he had a lot of money to donate.... he didn't actually donate a lot of money. So its cool dude, he's still looks just as bad as the rest of us.

Sat May 19, 2012 5:38 am
podcast fanatics ☺

Lex wrote:
Kyle wrote:
On a personal note, I feel bad about the last few episodes.
So do I! I've been a guest on 2 out of 3 of them, and have appreciated the invites, but I can't compensate for the lack of Mimi! I'm not a good substitute. :(

While none can truely aspire to live up to the queen of the podcasters, you must keep in mind that she has that title for a reason. You've been doing a great job Lex and I've been enjoying your additions to the episodes. :)

Sat May 19, 2012 5:42 am
★wardens of the woody★

Exodus wrote:
Jace wrote:

It's ok dude, calm down. He said he wished he had a lot of money to donate.... he didn't actually donate a lot of money. So its cool dude, he's still looks just as bad as the rest of us.

So says that guy from DE, what's that stand for, Dunk and Egg. . . .wait, that's cool. You're cool. That's not fair!! :o

Sat May 19, 2012 6:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]