View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Podcast Episodes on Youtube? 

Should we put our (audio) podcast episodes on youtube?
Yes, I will listen to them there! 27%  27%  [ 8 ]
Yes, I won't listen to them there, but it will reach more listeners! 50%  50%  [ 15 ]
No! 20%  20%  [ 6 ]
It is not possible! 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 30

Podcast Episodes on Youtube? 
Site Admin

Do other podcasts (any subject not just asoiaf) put audio podcasts episodes on youtube? I heard some podcasts do so and get a lot of listens through that medium. Is that true? Do you think we should do it? Can youtube even handle multiple hour long episodes?

If it is worth it putting episodes up there, I was thinking of putting up some of our classic episodes in youtube, such as the girls and guys night episodes, big interview episodes, etc. Putting all of them seems like too much effort, unless there is a way to streamline and automate the process.

One idea for the Best of the Podcast project is, once the audio file is created, is to put that on our youtube channel. Another idea is that once each book of our ongoing paint project is completed, we will put up a video slideshow of it on our youtube channel. The ideas may overlap if I take random photos from the paint project and use them as the backdrop to the Best of the Podcast project (and/or ask for image submissions for the best of the podcast project, like diagrams explaining our various theories, etc - the thing is that a lot of this stuff has been used already in the current ms paint project, so that is why I was thinking of using those existing images)

Sat May 19, 2012 7:30 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

I love the idea of using the Youtube channel for the Best of Podcast... Youtube does take a bit of juice though, so I wouldn't put everything up there.

Would be some great motivation for the people who are holding up the Paint Project train though... I'm excited to do Storm of Swords but it seems like there's a lack of interest these days.

Sat May 19, 2012 9:29 pm
podcast historian

Maybe if the "best of" project ever gets real that would be a platform for it? With a slideshow of the AGOT/ACOK-painting project to watch that would surely be a nice way to get people to listen. But I don't think you should publish tem there - YouTube is for movies/videos, not "radio shows"/podcasts.

Sun May 20, 2012 1:56 am
Profile WWW
house blackwoody lord paramount

I think a best of compilation is right on the money. Anything longer is a bit iffy. Stuff longer than 30 minutes on youtube is a bit hard to listen to/ watch.

Sun May 20, 2012 2:26 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Anything that will help this Podcast reach more ears is welcomed by me. I'll still download the episode and listen to it on my iPod, but I think it would only help. Hell, one of you could even put up your end of the video as you all talk and then we could watch as well.

Sun May 20, 2012 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
podcast historian

Usurpationblitz wrote:
Anything that will help this Podcast reach more ears is welcomed by me. I'll still download the episode and listen to it on my iPod, but I think it would only help. Hell, one of you could even put up your end of the video as you all talk and then we could watch as well.

Do you really want that? Kyle throwing lemoncakes on the ground. Amin eating?

Mon May 21, 2012 12:11 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

brynden wrote:
Usurpationblitz wrote:

Yeah, I think it might add something if you could see one of them talk on their webcam. I say it's at least worth a shot and I think Kyle should be the one. Being an actor he has more training on camera and I think he could be very entertaining to watch as these crazy people talk about crazy things.

I would like to see it, and I think it worth doing at least once to see how it works.

Mon May 21, 2012 12:33 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

brynden wrote:
Usurpationblitz wrote:

What if a Ros like situation is going on during the recording?

Mon May 21, 2012 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
podcast historian

Amin wrote:
brynden wrote:
Usurpationblitz wrote:

What if a Ros like situation is going on during the recording?

taking hbos rule of thumb into account : i can ONLY improve the experience :)

Mon May 21, 2012 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

Here are a couple of podcasts that do video too

State of the Game , a starcraft 2 podcast ,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qh-kV3d ... ure=relmfu

Legendary, a World of Warcarft podcast
http://www.gamebreaker.tv/video-game-sh ... o-servers/

I usually listen to podcasts on the go so a video-only podcast is inconvenient for me

Mon May 21, 2012 4:49 pm
house manwoody mongoballer

There's a lot of radio uploaded onto Youtube, so it's a mixed bag of media. I'd say why the hell not? It'd most likely bring in a lot more people I'd think.

He kept his face clean-shaven, but his thick hair fell to his collar like a valyrian mudslide, divided by a streak of gristle.His eyes seemed black as he sat outlined against the dying sun, sharpening his steel, but she had looked at them from a closer vantage and she knew that they were purple. Dark purple. Dark and angry. By tradition the Targaryens were the finest bakers in all the Seven Kingdoms... but Hotpie was Hotpie. - pg 237, A Rasher Of Bacon

Mon May 21, 2012 7:36 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]