View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:34 am



Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Episode 79 - Inn at the Crossroads + TV Episode Review 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:16 am
Posts: 4491
Location: Starfall, Quebec
Reply with quote
Another super long episode... another painful editing job for me to handle :cry:

Episode transcript:


[6:57:54 PM] *** A Podcast of Ice and Fire added Ashley ***
[6:57:55 PM] *** Group call ***
[7:04:07 PM] *** A Podcast of Ice and Fire added Sariann ***
[7:23:13 PM] A Podcast of Ice and Fire: does bloodraven get morning wood?
[7:25:23 PM] A Podcast of Ice and Fire: http://i47.tinypic.com/3ak1v.jpg
[7:37:54 PM] *** Call ended, duration 39:58 ***
[7:38:03 PM] Kyle: yes
[7:38:06 PM] A Podcast of Ice and Fire: test
[7:38:07 PM] Kyle: this is when it gets fun
[7:38:13 PM] Ashley: lol
[7:38:14 PM] Sariann: hello
[7:38:24 PM] *** Group call, duration 31:31 ***
[8:10:05 PM] *** Group call ***
[8:49:10 PM] A Podcast of Ice and Fire: http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 0657_n.jpg
[8:50:10 PM] Sariann: mimi's got some bangin throwing knives
[8:53:40 PM] Sariann: we cant hear you all
[8:53:42 PM] *** Call ended, duration 43:35 ***
[8:53:59 PM] Kyle: uh oh
[8:54:23 PM] Kyle: amin will restart the call in a minute im sure
[8:54:30 PM] Sariann: cool
[8:54:35 PM] Kyle: sorry about this ladies
[8:54:40 PM] *** Group call ***
[8:54:41 PM] Sariann: no worries
[9:07:12 PM] *** A Podcast of Ice and Fire added Michal - Inkaskrain ***
[9:07:35 PM] Kyle: Thanks so much ladies!
[9:07:37 PM] Kyle: It was a blast
[9:07:47 PM] Sariann: thank y!
[9:07:49 PM] Sariann: y
[9:07:52 PM] Sariann: you
[9:17:53 PM] A Podcast of Ice and Fire: Kyle:

<<< oh damn i forgot to mention Where is the promise between jaime and cat
!?!?!?!
That's freakin important
[9:18:26 PM] Kyle: sorry guys i can't join
[9:27:02 PM] *** A Podcast of Ice and Fire added Darryl***
[9:34:46 PM] *** Call ended, duration 40:03 ***

_________________
Lord of Kingsgrave, Justice of the Supreme Court of Westeros, and Hand of the Queen
Founder of Bastards of Kingsgrave and Vassals of Kingsgrave


Mon May 21, 2012 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:40 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Reply with quote
That's okay, Amin, we can wait.... for now......

*sharpens pitchfork*

:)

_________________
Mistress of Arts - Lady of the Land Down Under
Storm of Swords Paint Project still in progress!
Podcast of Ice and Fire Deviant Art Page


Mon May 21, 2012 9:57 pm
Profile
house yronwoody lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:02 pm
Posts: 535
Location: Santa Ynez, CA
Reply with quote
jesicka309 wrote:
That's okay, Amin, we can wait.... for now......

*sharpens pitchfork*

:)



OOH! Are we forming a village mob? I'l bring the torches!


Mon May 21, 2012 10:01 pm
Profile
podcast convert
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:12 pm
Posts: 394
Location: Vancouver
Reply with quote
Did Kyle pronounce Michal's name correctly this time? :)


Mon May 21, 2012 10:53 pm
Profile
☁ podcast art manager ☁
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:40 pm
Posts: 1826
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Reply with quote
Navyjedi wrote:
jesicka309 wrote:
That's okay, Amin, we can wait.... for now......

*sharpens pitchfork*

:)



OOH! Are we forming a village mob? I'l bring the torches!


Not a mob persay.....rather a well-armed gathering... we're peaceful. For now. :)

_________________
Mistress of Arts - Lady of the Land Down Under
Storm of Swords Paint Project still in progress!
Podcast of Ice and Fire Deviant Art Page


Mon May 21, 2012 11:28 pm
Profile
for my freckles, your grace
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:06 am
Posts: 1994
Location: Los Angeles
Reply with quote
Lex wrote:
Did Kyle pronounce Michal's name correctly this time? :)


Unless you're name is Bob I will find away around using your name from here on out.

_________________
"Not all those who wander are lost."

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook


Tue May 22, 2012 12:00 am
Profile
team blacksmith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:19 am
Posts: 1785
Location: Laptopville, NY
Reply with quote
Kyle wrote:
Lex wrote:
Did Kyle pronounce Michal's name correctly this time? :)


Unless you're name is Bob I will find away around using your name from here on out.


It's all good, Amin has mad pronunciatory powers. I think he says my name better than I do :D

_________________
And then, as if written by the hand of a bad novelist, an incredible thing happened. -Jonathan Stroud, The Amulet of Samarkand


Tue May 22, 2012 8:08 am
Profile
house tinywoody
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:31 am
Posts: 45
Location: Houston, TX
Reply with quote
oh fuck. Amin has seen Coupling. :nerdgasm:

_________________
Oak and iron guard me well or else I'm dead and doomed to hell.


Tue May 22, 2012 6:38 pm
Profile
house manwoody mongoballer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:51 am
Posts: 309
Location: Tanelorn
Reply with quote
man, only halfway through... awesome episode ( ;___;)b

_________________
He kept his face clean-shaven, but his thick hair fell to his collar like a valyrian mudslide, divided by a streak of gristle.His eyes seemed black as he sat outlined against the dying sun, sharpening his steel, but she had looked at them from a closer vantage and she knew that they were purple. Dark purple. Dark and angry. By tradition the Targaryens were the finest bakers in all the Seven Kingdoms... but Hotpie was Hotpie. - pg 237, A Rasher Of Bacon


Tue May 22, 2012 7:37 pm
Profile WWW
house micro-woody☹
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:35 pm
Posts: 3
Reply with quote
I just had to post about how great Amin is in this episode! Mormont's raven/ BR asking for porn had me giggling but "Karstark is so mad he forgets which gods he worships" was beyond hilarious!


Tue May 22, 2012 9:22 pm
Profile
podcast convert
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:12 pm
Posts: 394
Location: Vancouver
Reply with quote
Hamsa wrote:
I just had to post about how great Amin is in this episode! Mormont's raven/ BR asking for porn had me giggling but "Karstark is so mad he forgets which gods he worships" was beyond hilarious!
Amin is a comic genius. 8-)


Tue May 22, 2012 9:45 pm
Profile
house blackwoody lord paramount
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:18 pm
Posts: 979
Reply with quote
Lex wrote:
Hamsa wrote:
I just had to post about how great Amin is in this episode! Mormont's raven/ BR asking for porn had me giggling but "Karstark is so mad he forgets which gods he worships" was beyond hilarious!
Amin is a comic genius. 8-)


And this is why I voted for him for best host. :lol:

_________________
APOIF Fitocracy Group: The Kingsgrave Irregulars
http://www.fitocracy.com/group/8982/
Image


Tue May 22, 2012 10:34 pm
Profile
house mormont
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:56 pm
Posts: 99
Reply with quote
I gotta say guys... this was an incredible episode.

I have to admit, I haven't been the biggest fan of the weekly show recap episodes for the last few weeks. I think there was a lot of meandering and lack of focus... This episode was crisp and purposed. The ladies from IatC were fantastic and I have to give Amin and Kyle huge props for doing a wonderful job in the "interview" portion at the beginning of the episode. You guys really outdid yourselves.

Okay, enough circle-jerk, but seriously, GREAT JOB!

_________________
Image


Wed May 23, 2012 4:56 am
Profile
wildlings
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 6:02 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Michigan
Reply with quote
I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. Both the interview with the ladies, and the episode recap were spot-on. A definite improvement over the last couple episodes (with Ashley's infamous mic debacle).

I was glad there was less table-flipping in this episode as well. To me, it felt as if the table-flipping was quite abundant in the past few episodes (usually Ashley who gets audibly pissed off at show changes. no offense), and I was glad there was less of it. I like when there is a middle ground reached of circle jerk and table-flipping (table jerking, I suppose,). *Don't google that btw*

_________________
Image


Last edited by Pho3niX on Wed May 23, 2012 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed May 23, 2012 5:51 am
Profile WWW
house tinywoody

Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 9:17 am
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
You actually have a mistake in the podcast, I think (i'm in the middle of the podcast, don't mind if you correct yourself later).

When they find the dragonglass dagger, Sam realizes it is wrapped in a Nights Watch cloak, so it can't be that old. So the theory with Benjen isn't out of the window. The First Men did not place it there, it was just dug under a stone with signs of the first men.

_________________
Fuck the water. Bring me wine.

My "open" re-read of all books.


Wed May 23, 2012 6:23 am
Profile
mrs. sandor clegane
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:09 pm
Posts: 375
Reply with quote
Pho3niX wrote:
I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. Both the interview with the ladies, and the episode recap were spot-on. A definite improvement over the last couple episodes (with Ashley's infamous mic debacle).

I was glad there was less table-flipping in this episode as well. To me, it felt as if the table-flipping was quite abundant in the past few episodes (usually Ashley who gets audibly pissed off at show changes. no offense), and I was glad there was less of it. I like when there is a middle ground reached of circle jerk and table-flipping (table jerking, I suppose,). *Don't google that btw*


the obvious explanation is there was no Middlefinger, thus tables stayed firmly rooted.

...starting to miss Mimi, it's lonely being the only table flipper, unless Ros is there, then Amin picks up the slack.
It's funny because i don't think of myself as overly critical and i do really enjoy the series. maybe it's because we record 10 minutes after i wake up every time.


Wed May 23, 2012 7:46 am
Profile
house micro-woody lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:26 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Croatia
Reply with quote
Pho3niX wrote:
I was glad there was less table-flipping in this episode as well

Image

_________________
Hate the Game, not the Lannister.


Wed May 23, 2012 8:25 am
Profile
for my freckles, your grace
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:06 am
Posts: 1994
Location: Los Angeles
Reply with quote
Sandor wrote:
You actually have a mistake in the podcast, I think (i'm in the middle of the podcast, don't mind if you correct yourself later).

When they find the dragonglass dagger, Sam realizes it is wrapped in a Nights Watch cloak, so it can't be that old. So the theory with Benjen isn't out of the window. The First Men did not place it there, it was just dug under a stone with signs of the first men.


Hey Sandor, Thanks so much for joining us here on the forums. It's great to have ya.

Haha you'll find that we get a lot of things wrong. That is our trademarked "shocking lack of knowledge."

I believe that the Benjen theory is out the window because Sam specifically says it's been there a long time as opposed to the book, where Jon finds the daggers and says they have not been there long. I guess it all depends on how long "long" is. I guess that Sam and company meant long meaning hundreds of years or so. If that's true then it definitely could not have been Benjen, but if by long they meant a year or so then it certainly could have been him.

_________________
"Not all those who wander are lost."

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook


Wed May 23, 2012 8:57 am
Profile
wildlings
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 6:02 pm
Posts: 31
Location: Michigan
Reply with quote
Ashley wrote:

It's funny because i don't think of myself as overly critical and i do really enjoy the series. maybe it's because we record 10 minutes after i wake up every time.


I'm sure that doesn't help. I don't know many people who wake up cheery ;)

Keep up the great work. And I do enjoy the table-flipping of Middlefinger and Ros to be honest, so I'll be looking forward to that.

_________________
Image


Wed May 23, 2012 10:08 am
Profile WWW
team blacksmith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:19 am
Posts: 1785
Location: Laptopville, NY
Reply with quote
Starting commute, starting podcast. (Um, because I'm sure that's interesting.)

_________________
And then, as if written by the hand of a bad novelist, an incredible thing happened. -Jonathan Stroud, The Amulet of Samarkand


Wed May 23, 2012 12:46 pm
Profile
house smallwoody mongoballer
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 9:28 am
Posts: 188
Location: Yuba City, CA
Reply with quote
No one mentioned this on the podcast but it seems important that because Catelyn released Jaime early, Robb needs a new reason to kill Lord Karstark. Any chance that Karstark in a rage over Jaime being released and Robb bedding a foreigner, that he kills Talisa, leading to Robb killing him? This would then open things back up for Robb's story arc to go back to the book one.

_________________
"When I'm King in my own right, I'm going to outlaw beets." - King Tommen, first of his name.


Wed May 23, 2012 12:52 pm
Profile
house tinywoody

Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 9:17 am
Posts: 44
Reply with quote
Kyle wrote:
Sandor wrote:
You actually have a mistake in the podcast, I think (i'm in the middle of the podcast, don't mind if you correct yourself later).

When they find the dragonglass dagger, Sam realizes it is wrapped in a Nights Watch cloak, so it can't be that old. So the theory with Benjen isn't out of the window. The First Men did not place it there, it was just dug under a stone with signs of the first men.


Hey Sandor, Thanks so much for joining us here on the forums. It's great to have ya.

Haha you'll find that we get a lot of things wrong. That is our trademarked "shocking lack of knowledge."

I believe that the Benjen theory is out the window because Sam specifically says it's been there a long time as opposed to the book, where Jon finds the daggers and says they have not been there long. I guess it all depends on how long "long" is. I guess that Sam and company meant long meaning hundreds of years or so. If that's true then it definitely could not have been Benjen, but if by long they meant a year or so then it certainly could have been him.

Thanks for the welcome. :D

I'm actually glad you're not perfect. I think it is the reason why I think I stick to your podcast from now, just found it 2 or 3 weeks ago. Really nice work. I looked for some fansites and I think yours is the one where the people don't overanalyze things or take things too serious.

I think in a sense Sam and Jon mean the same thing in the book and in the show although they say different things. Didn't Sam say this before he realized it is a Nights Watch cloak? I also don't remember exactly^^. But I think it could be important who buried the dragonglass, so I would think it was the same person in the show and in the books. Not that it has to be Benjen.

_________________
Fuck the water. Bring me wine.

My "open" re-read of all books.


Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm
Profile
house tinywoody lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:47 pm
Posts: 96
Reply with quote
Great episode, definitely among your best, but... it made me very very hungry.

Your podcasts are really helping me through the exam season, so I thank you. :D


Wed May 23, 2012 1:41 pm
Profile
house micro-woody lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:07 am
Posts: 18
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reply with quote
I enjoyed the episode a lot, and it's cool to hear that a couple of fans made this book instead of some pseudo celebrity chef to cash in on the GOT wave. I didn't think about this before, but is Talisa/Jayne Westerling the Yoko Ono of Westeros? She broke up the northern alliances.


Wed May 23, 2012 2:36 pm
Profile
house manwoody knight

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 3:16 pm
Posts: 363
Reply with quote
Managed to get the episode in this morning before my ipod died :( A fun listen. Still miss MIMI!


Wed May 23, 2012 3:59 pm
Profile
house smallwoody
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:09 pm
Posts: 127
Location: Southern Ontario
Reply with quote
I can't see why all the hate over Talisia vs Jeyne. I think in the book it's kinda ridiculous how Robb sleeps with and marries this complete stranger just because of his Stark honour...he doesn't even meet her until he's injured right? At least here you see the attraction developing and see why Robb chose to abandon his promise to the Freys.

He doesn't even need to get married...they can have Walder still have the same reaction because he was so public with his affection for Talisia. They can still have Robb tell Frey thanks but no thanks to the marriage pact because I love another...but I still want your allegiance and bridge.

The important thing is that Frey must feel humiliated and the whole 7 kingdoms talking about the King of the North banging some Essos girl instead of a promised Lord Frey's daughter I think will accomplish that for the show. Even have Talisia thrown into the RW to end that arc once and for all.

_________________
Member of the Queensguard for the Mother of Dragons, Rightful Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, and Sexiest Kaleesi Ever, Bar None


Wed May 23, 2012 5:01 pm
Profile
house micro-woody lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 02, 2012 8:07 am
Posts: 18
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reply with quote
I actually like Jayne in the book more so than Talisia. So far, I mean she'll be around next season. It seems like in A Storm of Swords Jayne didn't really have much time and we mostly saw her through Catelyns eyes. I still found her more likeable. With Taliasia I had to agree her story before her and Robb get it on was boring.


Wed May 23, 2012 5:20 pm
Profile
house micro-woody☹

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:17 pm
Posts: 11
Reply with quote
The ladies of The Inn at the Crossroads were on Sky Atlantic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZNrumgnMcs

Congratulations!!! :)

Also, I love the podcast in general. You guys crack me up but I can't lie... I miss Mimi.


Wed May 23, 2012 6:47 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:16 am
Posts: 4491
Location: Starfall, Quebec
Reply with quote
Blazin_Cha0s wrote:
The ladies of The Inn at the Crossroads were on Sky Atlantic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZNrumgnMcs

Congratulations!!! :)

Also, I love the podcast in general. You guys crack me up but I can't lie... I miss Mimi.


Congrats to them!

Those ladies... smart, witty, attractive & cooking geniuses... and now sending us a copy of their cookbook to review ... Perhaps next time they are on the show, Kyle and I will have to offer a double marriage pact on behalf of House Manwoody ;)

_________________
Lord of Kingsgrave, Justice of the Supreme Court of Westeros, and Hand of the Queen
Founder of Bastards of Kingsgrave and Vassals of Kingsgrave


Wed May 23, 2012 10:11 pm
Profile WWW
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:54 am
Posts: 2203
Reply with quote
Will this episode be up on iTunes soon? I like to listen to it there so if I have to leave off somewhere it won't be a big deal. :D

_________________
"Opinions are like orgasms..... mine matters most and I really don't care if you have one." - (not) Sylvia Plath

"At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realise that that is not in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely, happy in the knowledge that it has helped you on your way."


Wed May 23, 2012 11:07 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.