View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Episode 79 - Inn at the Crossroads + TV Episode Review 
team blacksmith

Amin wrote:
Blazin_Cha0s wrote:
The ladies of The Inn at the Crossroads were on Sky Atlantic...

Congrats to them!

Those ladies... smart, witty, attractive & cooking geniuses... and now sending us a copy of their cookbook to review ... Perhaps next time they are on the show, Kyle and I will have to offer a double marriage pact on behalf of House Manwoody ;)

You know... It wouldn't really be a proper cookbook review if you didn't try and make one the recipes yourselves...

Wed May 23, 2012 11:20 pm
Site Admin

gsdg wrote:
Will this episode be up on iTunes soon? I like to listen to it there so if I have to leave off somewhere it won't be a big deal. :D

I have no strict control over when it appears on ITunes. Judging from last time, I think it is up there by 48 hours max after the upload, but we shall see. You know by now how I feel about anything Apple related :roll:

Wed May 23, 2012 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

inkasrain wrote:
Amin wrote:
Blazin_Cha0s wrote:
The ladies of The Inn at the Crossroads were on Sky Atlantic...

Congrats to them!

Those ladies... smart, witty, attractive & cooking geniuses... and now sending us a copy of their cookbook to review ... Perhaps next time they are on the show, Kyle and I will have to offer a double marriage pact on behalf of House Manwoody ;)

You know... It wouldn't really be a proper cookbook review if you didn't try and make one the recipes yourselves...

Yes I will try my hand at some of the recipes and let my weekly viewing group be the guinea pigs :twisted:

Wed May 23, 2012 11:33 pm
Profile WWW
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

Amin wrote:
gsdg wrote:
Will this episode be up on iTunes soon? I like to listen to it there so if I have to leave off somewhere it won't be a big deal. :D

I have no strict control over when it appears on ITunes. Judging from last time, I think it is up there by 48 hours max after the upload, but we shall see. You know by now how I feel about anything Apple related :roll:

I see. :(

"At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realise that that is not in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely, happy in the knowledge that it has helped you on your way."

Thu May 24, 2012 12:23 am
house micro-woody☹

The bastard name for House Manwoody should be Shaft.

Thu May 24, 2012 1:17 am

CitizenD wrote:
The bastard name for House Manwoody should be Shaft.

Who's the baddest detective in town?

Can you dig it?

"At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realise that that is not in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely, happy in the knowledge that it has helped you on your way."

Thu May 24, 2012 1:34 am
house manwoody lord

I can dig it.

A thoroughly enjoyable episode. Great interview, good discussion of the episode all around.

Odd that for some the episode seems to be dragging to get to iTunes - it was there for me yesterday morning when I first got to the office. But then, iTunes has been a bit crazy lately - lots of time the store won't even load for me.

Thu May 24, 2012 8:20 am
team blacksmith

Amin wrote:
inkasrain wrote:

Yes I will try my hand at some of the recipes and let my weekly viewing group be the guinea pigs :twisted:

Awesome :lol:

Re iTunes, the episode downloaded just fine for me on Tuesday evening, or whenever it was. But then again, I am on a Mac...

Thu May 24, 2012 8:46 am
Site Admin

Jeremy wrote:
Odd that for some the episode seems to be dragging to get to iTunes - it was there for me yesterday morning when I first got to the office. But then, iTunes has been a bit crazy lately - lots of time the store won't even load for me.

Are you two 'subscribed/set on on auto downloading' the podcast when you open itunes? I think the episode works right away for that? But it takes a few days to actually show up on the itunes site, i.e. here http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/a-po ... d292405976

Thu May 24, 2012 9:59 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody☹

Hi there. I'm a first time poster, having recently discovered the podcast and powered through a bunch of episodes. I love the current podcast lineup, the camaraderie is amazing.

Unfortunately, my first post has to be a disagreement with the beautiful Ashley. She said that Tyrion hasn't done anything for the sake of defending King's Landing, and that it would be a huge disappointment if the chain wasn't there. I really disagree. I think the show has done a great job showing that Tyrion is the only one actually doing anything at all. Varys is just puttering around dropping slick lines, Middlefinger isn't there, Cercei would have dropped all that wildfire on Roz, and Joffrey wants to empty the city of troops and attack Robb. Meanwhile, Tyrion is keeping everyone's eyes on the prize, and even figures out where Stannis is going to attack (the Mudgate). A friend of mine at work who watches the series put it well - "the imp is the pimp".

Kyle also kind of mentioned something as well. Would a huge underwater chain blocking a bunch of ships look good on camera? That might be one of those things where the images in our heads look cool, but on actual camera it looks kind of dumb (or is extremely expensive).

Everything else is amazing about the podcast. I like how you guys balance the positive and negative opinions.

Thu May 24, 2012 10:06 am
for my freckles, your grace

Thanks for joining us here on the forums MaesterSixtus

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Thu May 24, 2012 12:01 pm
☁ podcast artist ☁

Still no pictures of that bath scene? I am waiting.

Fri May 25, 2012 6:28 am
house manwoody lord

Amin wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

Are you two 'subscribed/set on on auto downloading' the podcast when you open itunes? I think the episode works right away for that? But it takes a few days to actually show up on the itunes site, i.e. here http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/a-po ... d292405976

When I see a post that the episode is complete, I go to the podcast listing in my iTunes and "update podcast."

Fri May 25, 2012 8:24 am
team blacksmith

sisaat wrote:
Still no pictures of that bath scene? I am waiting.

Yes... same...

Fri May 25, 2012 8:54 am
☁ podcast artist ☁

This is the second time I draw a bath scene for you guys...

Fri May 25, 2012 11:58 am
team stannis

sisaat wrote:

Shocking lack of Hotpie!

Fri May 25, 2012 12:18 pm
☁ podcast artist ☁

FTWard wrote:
sisaat wrote:

Shocking lack of Hotpie!

I didn't quite remember the original request. I should have listened to the episode again... (also, this wasn't done in ms paint. Sorry.)

Fri May 25, 2012 12:23 pm
house micro-woody lord

I think around 35mins, there's mention about how the Wildlings found Qhorin Halfhand before Jon Snow and that it doesn't make sense. And I've seen mention all over the web about how stupid it was that Jon & Ygritte were lost and no one ever found them until she led them to the Wildlings. I think a lot of what people forgot or failed to realize is that the major reason Jon got lost is because of the chase Ygritte initiated when he failed to kill her. Jon was focused on her, on catching her. He wasn't minding his surroundings, he wasn't keeping tab on where he was and where he was going, only on his target. It's very, very easy to lose your way and even harder to find your way back if you're unfamiliar with the surrounding territory, which of course Jon would be.

If you watch that scene again, the chase goes on for quite some time with lots of changes in direction before Jon finally slide-tackles Ygritte. Qhorin and the NW go back to where Jon was supposed to be only to find him gone, then they have to investigate and track him down unsure of which direction he went. Perhaps Qhorin went deeper into Wildling territory than he hoped to before finding Jon, got caught, and then that group found Jon & Ygritte, after she led them both closer to where she knew they would be from their "lost" position. It's sounds more apologist than I would like :roll: and I really would've preferred something closer to the book. (It makes Jon seem dumb not just for getting lost with Ygritte, but for getting Qhorin's men killed and causing the capture of Halfhand).

Since we don't have a map or each of their coordinates to reference, the important part to consider is the chase and how long and zigzagged it was. At least thats how I took it. It isn't too much of a stretch to accept that things went down the way they went down in the TV show.

Last edited by argilac's_antler on Fri May 25, 2012 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri May 25, 2012 12:27 pm
team stannis

sisaat wrote:
FTWard wrote:
sisaat wrote:

Shocking lack of Hotpie!

I didn't quite remember the original request. I should have listened to the episode again... (also, this wasn't done in ms paint. Sorry.)

J/k it's great!
I just see Hotpie in the water awkwardly looking around :oops:

Fri May 25, 2012 12:30 pm
Site Admin

sisaat wrote:
FTWard wrote:
sisaat wrote:

Shocking lack of Hotpie!

Second time you have stepped up for the ladies :mrgreen: I will email that off to the ladies at the Crossroads as they requested and put on our episode posting.

You've done a lot of great work for the chapter by chapter paint project in general - don't feel like you need to limit yourself to MS paint for that. It is meant to be casual artwork but can use other programs as MS paint is not exactly the most efficient of drawing tools.

Fri May 25, 2012 12:37 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast artist ☁

Quote:
J/k it's great!
I just see Hotpie in the water awkwardly looking around :oops:

They would need a larger bath. It's quite crowded. :lol:

Fri May 25, 2012 12:42 pm
Site Admin

gsdg wrote:
Amin wrote:
gsdg wrote:

I see. :(

We are trying to figure out what the problem is, as it is working for some but not for others. When I go to our itunes page listing, it only shows up to episode 78. However, when I click on subscribe free and then click on the podcasts tab of the library in itunes, it downloads the last episode (79) and plays there. Weird... but being subscribed to the podcast should help

Fri May 25, 2012 3:31 pm
Profile WWW

Amin wrote:
We are trying to figure out what the problem is, as it is working for some but not for others. When I go to our itunes page listing, it only shows up to episode 78. However, when I click on subscribe free and then click on the podcasts tab of the library in itunes, it downloads the last episode (79) and plays there. Weird... but being subscribed to the podcast should help

I am subscribed to the podcast, but it won't show on iTunes for me. It's not a big deal though, since I caved and listened to the episode on the podcast website the other day. :D

Thanks for checking out the problem, though!

Fri May 25, 2012 3:53 pm
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Someone mentioned needing a map to know how Jon and the rangers managed to get so lost. Because I'm procrastinating from study, I made one. :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fri May 25, 2012 7:23 pm
podcast doctor

jesicka309 wrote:
Someone mentioned needing a map to know how Jon and the rangers managed to get so lost. Because I'm procrastinating from study, I made one. :)

lol fucking hilarious

Fri May 25, 2012 7:31 pm
wildlings

jesicka309 wrote:

I'm surprised HBO gave you such private information ;)

Fri May 25, 2012 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

That map is also going up on our fbook 8-)

Fri May 25, 2012 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
house blackwoody lord paramount

jesicka309 wrote:

Perfection.

Fri May 25, 2012 11:56 pm
house micro-woody lord

I'm pretty sure it's not legal to marry two girls at once in Massachusetts (even though Romney was the Guv'nor), but two girls that are into these books and also have an official cookbook??? Fuck. Might have to try anyways.

Sat May 26, 2012 10:33 pm
for my freckles, your grace

Burningtime wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's not legal to marry two girls at once in Massachusetts (even though Romney was the Guv'nor), but two girls that are into these books and also have an official cookbook??? Fuck. Might have to try anyways.

Amen brother! Sexiness on a stick.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Sat May 26, 2012 11:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next