View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Podcast hate 
house BOOX

I just don't get it.

Why do people have to be so full of hate for you all?

Opinions are like...well, you know what they're like.

But Momma always said if you don't have anything nice to say, keep your fucking mouth shut.

"though love has it's place in the sun, it's only man's fear that carries him on..." WEEN

Sat May 21, 2011 4:24 pm
★wardens of the woody★

It's the internet, everyone thinks they're entitled to have custom content provided free of charge with a big red bow, and they get peevish if the bow isn't tied just right. People popping up to say they hate you and will never listen to you again is just a sign you're getting popular.

Sat May 21, 2011 4:41 pm
house BOOX

I feel your sense of humor is lacking if the podcast bothers you so much that you need to take the time to write nasty negative reviews. It's fine to dislike things that I like, but why be so ugly about it? It's a fun podcast discussing a work if fiction that we all love. Relax and let it be what it is.

Sat May 21, 2011 4:44 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

yeah, i think everyone is taking our episode quite seriously.

just like i'm taking the criticism too seriously.

brb slitting wrists.

edit: the complaint that pissed me off the most was the accusation that we bullied christina into not expressing her opinion of the episode due to peer pressure. dude, like we COULD bully her. she'd just slap us upside the head with her epic boobs and drop the knowledge on us. our podcast is not just six people talking on skype, it's this entire family of listeners and guests who have created this awesome community of inside jokes and affection for one another. and for that guy to accuse christina of being too scared to tells us what she thinks? fuck that noise.

Sat May 21, 2011 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
for my freckles, your grace

I was always under the impression that this podcast was created in response to the uber serious tone of the Westeros Forum. The way you are ruthlessly cut down and belittled if you have different views or get a fact wrong.

We dont do that here. We joke. We kid. We laugh at ourselves, the series, and the haters.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Sat May 21, 2011 4:54 pm
house yronwoody lord

Personally I think the podcast has changed in tone since the HBO series has come out. The listeners that hate it should, perhaps, take a hiatus until July.

Sat May 21, 2011 5:08 pm
house yronwoody lord

Im at a loss, I guess. I didnt think Christina was bullied at all. Where is this hate coming from? Here on the forums? Maybe im not paying enough attention, but I thought it was fine..

PS.. Can I be on the podcast soon too? Kyle CANT be the only one to be smothered by Christina, hereafter known by her superhero handle, Epic Boobs...

Sat May 21, 2011 5:29 pm
Site Admin

Yea it was a little surprising the amount of it based on the last episode. I'm glad that our fans have defended us on lack of knowledge in the past and on our apparent tv show 'hate' now, but please don't too harsh the other way. Please keep any posts here or elsewhere civil and funny, lets avoid a flame war and move on to our next episodes, got some exciting ones planned for next week 8-)

Sat May 21, 2011 6:32 pm
Profile WWW
☑ guest host ♘

What the fuck??? Time to go drop some knowledge on the WIC forums.

Next time I'm on the podcast, I will fucking bend you over Mimi!!! I will not be intimidated!!! :roll: I will also comment how all of you are wrong and I am right. Beware!

Seriously, though, people just need to take a chill pill. For the record, I also found this podcast to be unduly negative, but I think there were a combination of things. Different people had problems with different specific things, so that there was not universal hatred of one scene or praise for one scene. It was just seemed more negative than usual since the problems people had were spread around. And also (as I stated on the WIC forums) I think at this point of the show, all the things that you praised from before are now considered apparent, so there's no need to go into how much we like Aiden Gillen, or Maisie, or the production, or whatever, since you already talked about that stuff. My two cents anyway.

Sat May 21, 2011 6:35 pm
★wardens of the woody★

JAZ wrote:
I feel your sense of humor is lacking if the podcast bothers you so much that you need to take the time to write nasty negative reviews. It's fine to dislike things that I like, but why be so ugly about it? It's a fun podcast discussing a work if fiction that we all love. Relax and let it be what it is.

Oh Oh Oh....but it gives you the excuse to be nasty back, and that is SO MUCH FUN!!

Kyle wrote:
I was always under the impression that this podcast was created in response to the uber serious tone of the Westeros Forum. The way you are ruthlessly cut down and belittled if you have different views or get a fact wrong.

We dont do that here. We joke. We kid. We laugh at ourselves, the series, and the haters.

Well said, Kyle. That's how I feel, too. I have gone on the WiC threads and they can be pretty rough if you somehow don't like the show. WiC, FaBio, and HearMeRoar seem to be great guys, from hearing them on the podcast, but they are riding a pretty unruly beast and I feel bad for them. I couldn't put up with all the bullshit that goes through those threads, sorry. Kick Rocks Man.

Tom wrote:
Personally I think the podcast has changed in tone since the HBO series has come out. The listeners that hate it should, perhaps, take a hiatus until July.

I can see that in a way, since the subject matter has changed. But still like it, it's fun, it's on tv, how can you not talk about it, plus I imagine that the podcasters still have actual lives, so trying to cover re-reads AND the tv series.....shit...that just turns into HOMEWORK.

mimi wrote:
edit: the complaint that pissed me off the most was the accusation that we bullied christina into not expressing her opinion of the episode due to peer pressure. dude, like we COULD bully her. she'd just slap us upside the head with her epic boobs and drop the knowledge on us. our podcast is not just six people talking on skype, it's this entire family of listeners and guests who have created this awesome community of inside jokes and affection for one another. and for that guy to accuse christina of being too scared to tells us what she thinks? fuck that noise.

Where was this said? I missed it. She intimidates me more than Chase, I'm used to him now. But Christina, maybe she has some evil artifacts from a dig and can use them to like curse you or something. Thinks she might work for Warehouse 13.

"Don't read him as children do, for amusement, nor as the ambitious do, to be instructed. No, read him in order to live." - Flaubert

Sat May 21, 2011 6:37 pm
house bronn

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that a good percentage of the podcast's purpose is fun, and the rest was for fact/discussion/seriousness. If these jokers want the fun gone, then they can find a different podcast.

If these people can't accept that there are others on the internet with differing opinions, then they don't belong listening to podcasts in the first place. I think this recent phenomenon is due to new listeners who have either not listened to this podcast in its entirety, or have no senses of humor.

I think that since the podcast has become more mainstream lately it's just bringing out more varied opinions, as opposed to the die hard fanbase they started with. I'd be curious to know how many subscribers you guys have now :)

Sat May 21, 2011 6:39 pm
fantasy manwoody champion

See, when I posted my feedback of the last episode, I was worried it might seem like I'm being a hater for the sake of it. Which is far from true, I like all the podcasters and I feel like it's clear I'm a fan of the podcast in general. I was worried that my comments might be taken in the same tone that the episode seemed to have to me. I never got the "overpowering Christina" thing (wasn't even aware it was an issue until this thread), but I did feel the post-game was crazy negative to the point of ignoring a lot of things the episode did right. Especially since Mimi and Kyle have been enthusiastic about past episodes, which I thought were a lot weaker than this one (not that I expect you to agree about everything, but I was expecting SOME positivity).

Apparently Amin was positive, but due to tech issues, we didn't get that. Oh well.

Sat May 21, 2011 6:41 pm
house manwoody mongoballer

Wow, so out of the loop am I. If I don't like where y'all are going, tone-wise, I skip ahead 10 minutes and you're talking about something else. TIME TRAVEL -- I'm magical! Done.

Sun May 22, 2011 2:56 am
Profile YIM
house martell

I've only listened to your latest podcast (as I discovered this site quite accidentally from WiC). You guys seem like a riot though, not sure why everyone has all their panties in a knot. Take a page out of the show creators ignoring fan forums. I'm paraphrasing but he said that if you take 50 comments and 49 of them are positive, the one you remember is the 1 troll who got under your skin. I'm sure all of us have our inner trolls (just look at how petty we can be concerning some minor details), so the last thing you need is to focus on other trolling comments. As some have pointed out, despite all of your best intentions the tone of the podcast may not be suitable for some folks. This has nothing to do with what's appropriate or relevant but all a matter of personal preference. The fact that there's 30+ comments in WiC of people defending or criticizing you guys is a testament of how far you're podcast has grown. There is no such thing as bad press, I'd take this as a good sign that your podcast is being listened to by a great number of people. So given the increase in pod fans, it's only natural the haters come out of the woodwork 8-)

If you've all been doing this for 3 years, it's clear that the current formula is working. I wouldn't change it for random joe because random bob will then bitch about how the tone has changed. There's a reason why a lot of people enjoy Larry's reviews, and it's definitely not because of his knowledge of Westeros :lol: , in the same way you guys have plenty of support so please keep up the good work!

Sun May 22, 2011 9:05 am
house baratheon

i with you mollygrue, happy late birthday by the way, i have no idea what hate people are talking about...on the forums...THIS forum. and about what podcast, this last one??? i laughed so hard at this last one.... i dont know

*edit*
found it, who cares about WiC people who don't like the show. This show is like the game of thrones show, you cant expect to jump in mid season 3 and expect to get it

Sun May 22, 2011 10:54 am
house greyjoy

I just read the comments on WiC and all I can say is: what a bunch of wankers...

If they can't handle opinions that differ from theirs, it's clearly their problem.

I for one appreciate all your views on the books as well as the show, especially if and when they differ from my own.

Don't let those fanboys over there dissuade you from keeping up your great show.

Sun May 22, 2011 11:59 am
house blackwoody lord paramount

Who wants new listeners anyway? You belong to me! :evil:

Sun May 22, 2011 12:54 pm
house tinywoody

What kind of nerds would we all be if we didn't overreact to those tiny little things that we mildly dislike?

I've been listening to the podcast since around episode 10 or so and enjoyed every one of them. I certainly don't agree with everything everyone says, but who cares? Where's the fun in interacting with people who never disagree with you?

So basically what I'm saying is bollocks to 'em. If you can handle Mimi talking about rimming cats but have trouble accepting that the tv show hasn't always matched what's already been built in people's heads from the books, you're most likely in the wrong place.

Also, the aftershow was bloody great.

Sun May 22, 2011 1:08 pm
house micro-woody☹

Can someone link me to what u gys are discussing?

Sun May 22, 2011 2:20 pm
☑ guest host ♘

Comments section: http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/05/qui ... d-edition/

Sun May 22, 2011 2:23 pm
house micro-woody☹

Many thanks, reading now.

Sun May 22, 2011 2:27 pm
house yronwoody lord

I read them already, and I have to say, it felt like THEY were more negative than the podcast was. I DONT think Christina was stiffled from giving her opinion. I also dont think there was overwhelming negativity. They were simply comparing scenes from the book and how they translated to the screen. It seemed like MOST(generalizing) of those posters were only TV fans as opposed to the books. If your unfamiliar with the source material, its not fair to get upset at people who ARE familiar making comments about it. Just my opinion, anyway...

Sun May 22, 2011 2:31 pm
house micro-woody☹

Wow, some of those people don't want ANY criticism of the show. Every single book to movie adaptation will have critics, it's inevitable.

Sun May 22, 2011 2:58 pm
house micro-woody lord

Wow, can't believe the hate over there. Sorry to hear about it. Don't let it get you down, though. I loved the podcast, even though I think I am much more forgiving/accepting of the changes they are making in the TV Series than the podcast may be. Who cares? Listening to you all is great, and I love the viewpoint even if I don't always agree. And you are always so hilarious.

Sun May 22, 2011 3:12 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Sums up my sentiments about the motivations of both US and THEM, pretty well!

Loves you all!

*Remembered from Linda of Westeros.org during Girls Night Out II.

"Don't read him as children do, for amusement, nor as the ambitious do, to be instructed. No, read him in order to live." - Flaubert

Sun May 22, 2011 6:43 pm
house bolton

Woah. Just listened to episode 52 and thought it was great, then I come on here and see this thread....just...woah. What the hell are people hating for? It was another entertaining podcast episode, I didn't feel you guys were particularly negative at all, plus the guest-filled aftershow was fantastic. Don't let the bastards grind you down, eventually all will bow before Manwoody.

"No tales were ever told of me. Do you think I would be sitting here if it were otherwise? Your amusements are your own, I will not chide you on that count, but you must be more discreet. A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule. Make it yours."

Sun May 22, 2011 7:17 pm
house blackwoody lord paramount

Nick of the North wrote:
Don't let the bastards grind you down, eventually all will bow before Manwoody.

Or be left with uniquely-shaped, large bruises on their faces..

Sun May 22, 2011 7:48 pm
☑ guest host ♘

Mmmm. I love mushrooms...

Mon May 23, 2011 1:19 am
house micro-woody lord

Well, here's my unasked for two cents worth.

The podcast is great. Don't change it. I didn't get the bad vibes from the podcast that some of those naysayers did, and I would bet that I'm as big a fan of Mr. Martin's masterpiece as they are, and probably just as smart and/or worldwise.

Did I read that one of them wanted Chase held in check, or something along those lines? No. Don't do that.

I think that Mimi (who scares the hell out of me, and I am a large man who carries an M-16 rifle every day on my job) cares very much for this podcast and maybe, just maybe, is sensitive to any criticism of her baby. That's just my take on it and I sure as heck could be wrong.

Bottom line is that this is a great podcast with great hosts and a really interesting bunch of subscribers. I don't understand it if anyone thinks otherwise, but the world is like that. Don't get me started.

I can't believe I put in that part about Mimi. My workmates must never find that out. I would be mocked out of the unit.

Mon May 23, 2011 7:54 am
★wardens of the woody★

Agrees Cobradane.

Nice to see you again.

Mon May 23, 2011 8:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next