View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 8:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Episode 80 (S2E9) question(s) for Podcast 
★wardens of the woody★

Do you think that leaving the Dantos and Sansa stuff this season has helped TV Sansa become stronger? I think it as made Sansa a stronger character in the show due to the fact that she was still clinging to the typical Knight cliches when talking with Dontos in the book.

Mon May 28, 2012 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
house smallwoody

Usurpationblitz wrote:
Do you think that leaving the Dantos and Sansa stuff this season has helped TV Sansa become stronger? I think it as made Sansa a stronger character in the show due to the fact that she was still clinging to the typical Knight cliches when talking with Dontos in the book.

Personally I didn't miss it and I agree that it made Sansa stronger. Sophie Turner is so damn tall too that it would be silly that this girl who looks to be 16 or 17 is trusting a drunken jester who was damn near killed for being a buffoon if it wasn't for her. TV Sansa is much too smart and crafty to latch onto something as pathetic as that for her survival.

Now they could still add that storyline in season 3 but I have a suspicion that it will be Littlefinger that whisks her away to the Eryie.

My question for the podcast is if they feel that the finale of season 3, if it is the Red Wedding, will actually be detrimental to the show's casual viewer? It is no secret the the Starks have been fan favorites with Robb and Caitlyn's story at the forefront this season...will people be turned off by the brutality of the murders so much that they just tune out for season 4? The creative team will really have to make sure that the newer characters like Stannis, Mel, Davos and Brienne get their quality time since they have to become the new fan favorites after the Red Wedding for people to continue.

Mon May 28, 2012 7:32 pm
★wardens of the woody★

With how things are going right now, I'm expecting the Red Wedding to be episode 9. That way it can end with with the downer, and then we can see the aftermath and set up in episode 10.

Tue May 29, 2012 1:38 am
Profile WWW
podcast historian

I'd like to hear from Larry who admitted that he will be on the next show: What was his biggest surprise in Season 2, what was his biggest disappointement and what is the storyline he is interested most in S3.

(The same thing from the other hosts too - but wait for that in the aftershow ;))

Tue May 29, 2012 4:22 am
Profile WWW
house smallwoody mongoballer

I want to know if Mimi will show up

Tue May 29, 2012 10:34 am
brotherhood without banners

I would like to hear from all the hosts on what change they enjoyed the most and what change was the most disappointing, thus far in the season.

Tue May 29, 2012 12:56 pm
house tinywoody

Dunk the Lunk wrote:
Usurpationblitz wrote:

Personally I didn't miss it and I agree that it made Sansa stronger. Sophie Turner is so damn tall too that it would be silly that this girl who looks to be 16 or 17 is trusting a drunken jester who was damn near killed for being a buffoon if it wasn't for her. TV Sansa is much too smart and crafty to latch onto something as pathetic as that for her survival.

Now they could still add that storyline in season 3 but I have a suspicion that it will be Littlefinger that whisks her away to the Eryie.

My question for the podcast is if they feel that the finale of season 3, if it is the Red Wedding, will actually be detrimental to the show's casual viewer? It is no secret the the Starks have been fan favorites with Robb and Caitlyn's story at the forefront this season...will people be turned off by the brutality of the murders so much that they just tune out for season 4? The creative team will really have to make sure that the newer characters like Stannis, Mel, Davos and Brienne get their quality time since they have to become the new fan favorites after the Red Wedding for people to continue.

I'm just interested in where the show is going in general over the next couple of seasons. Have we had any clue on how the show will handle AFFC and ADWD? I really don't see how you can have 1/2 the characters disappear for an entire season. This will be very interesting to see how HBO will handle this.

If HBO is going to combine the books what does everyone think the end of Season 5 and 6 would be? Interesting problem George created for the TV show by splitting the books.

Wed May 30, 2012 8:40 pm
house smallwoody

I think they mentioned that AFFC and ADWD will be told in chronological order...in other words the books will be combined like they originally were going to be.

Thu May 31, 2012 7:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]