View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
If the podcast hosts were to visit your city... 

If the Podcast Hosts were to visit your city...
You would invite them out for drinks 36%  36%  [ 112 ]
You would invite them to sleep on your couch (free room and board!) 21%  21%  [ 65 ]
You would organize a podcast party/convention 9%  9%  [ 27 ]
You would attend such a party/convention 28%  28%  [ 87 ]
You would hide (creepy!) 2%  2%  [ 6 ]
Other (explain) 3%  3%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 307

If the podcast hosts were to visit your city... 
house blackwoody lord paramount

linecom1 wrote:

ingredients like what?? like oh i dont know.......character?? is "keeping it real" an ingredient? here's how i picture you in your daily life.......

#youwentthereandnowiwontletyouleave #howwouldyouknowwhatlemursdoinNYC #younevergopast30th

I saw this video a month after I moved to Brooklyn, and it's absolutely how I feel about people who live in The City. It's much better down here in the (non-hipster) areas of BK. Anyway, that video was hilarious.

I have made a bunch of my med school friends basically congregate at my apt every weekend for epic pub crawls on Fridays, followed by all you can drink brunch Saturdays... 6 Greyhounds in an hour and a half does you right. I'm hoping to make it one of these days to Prospect Park afterwards to watch the LARPers. One can dream. But usually too drunk at that point.

But if any of you podcasters wouldn't enjoy a time like that, then I've been living a huge lie for the last couple years.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:39 am
team stannis

Is this poll a legally binding contract?

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:41 am
podcast fanatics ☺

I think this is just a way for the hosts to find out how much they'll be able to travel drunk for free. Not that I blame them. I think a tour around the world/across america of doing nothing but drinking and crashing in podcast listener's houses is an awesome idea. I have multiple comfy couches and spare room that could have an air mattress put up in it. Not to mention more alchol then they could drink combined.... in a week. That's right. The challenge has been presented!

Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:09 pm
house micro-woody☹

So, I'm going to be totally lame and probably creepy and invite you guys to hang out in Atlanta. My husband's a great cook and we live downtown near all the cool bars and near Dragon*Con. So, you guys should definitely come hang out!

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:44 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

Amyelizabeth wrote:
So, I'm going to be totally lame and probably creepy and invite you guys to hang out in Atlanta. My husband's a great cook and we live downtown near all the cool bars and near Dragon*Con. So, you guys should definitely come hang out!

If anything, I think I was more lame/creepy telling them to come to my house and get drunk for a week.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:49 pm
for my freckles, your grace

Amyelizabeth wrote:

Sounds awesome.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:06 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

I picked "drinks" and "attend a party/convention".

Lemme explain.

I would totally be for providing room and board, except I live with my family. (We don't really do that moving out thing here.) Should I have my own place, I'd be a pretty easy-going host. I'm not a neat-freak and I stay up late and pretty much keep to my room.

I also picked attend a party/convention but not organize a party/convention because of the sad state of my social skills. That being said, I'm all for drinks although I'm not sure if I would make good conversation. It takes me a long while to warm up to people and should I meet any of the podcast hosts I think I might get a little dumbstruck. It's ridiculous. But so are my social skills.

Finally, I'm in China now and stuck here for another 3 weeks or so AND I FINALLY FOUND A WAY TO ACCESS THIS SITE AGAIN. Death to the Great Firewall of China!

Twitter: vaarsuvius_

Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:25 am
house micro-woody☹

Quote:
If anything, I think I was more lame/creepy telling them to come to my house and get drunk for a week.

I totally didn't think that was creepy. I just assume that I'm creepy all the time on the internet because I'm stupidly extroverted.

Kyle, you should totally come to Atlanta. They're filming the new Hunger Games movie here and it's a great city, even if we're surrounded by Georgia.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:26 am
house manwoody lord

I suck at organizing things, but I'd definitely buy you drinks, let you crash, and/or attend a local gathering.

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:28 am
podcast fanatics ☺

Amyelizabeth wrote:
Quote:

I totally didn't think that was creepy. I just assume that I'm creepy all the time on the internet because I'm stupidly extroverted.

Kyle, you should totally come to Atlanta. They're filming the new Hunger Games movie here and it's a great city, even if we're surrounded by Georgia.

HEY!!! Don't hate on Georgia!! That's my home state lol. Georgia rocks!

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:29 am
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Jeremy wrote:
I suck at organizing things, but I'd definitely buy you drinks, let you crash, and/or attend a local gathering.

I'm not great at organising things either. However I ticked organise a gathering asz it shouldn't be hard to organise myself into going to meeting a host, seeing as the odds are I'm one of very, very few Melbournians who listen to this show, and the chances of anyone coming to visit are slim anyway. :)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:19 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

FYI Jesicka... your little manwoody soup signature kind of scares me... hahaha...ha... heh... :?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:46 pm
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Haha that's what I want.

It's better to rule through fear than love... :D

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:58 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pjstwo wrote:
I have made a bunch of my med school friends basically congregate at my apt every weekend for epic pub crawls on Fridays, followed by all you can drink brunch Saturdays... 6 Greyhounds in an hour and a half does you right. I'm hoping to make it one of these days to Prospect Park afterwards to watch the LARPers. One can dream. But usually too drunk at that point.

But if any of you podcasters wouldn't enjoy a time like that, then I've been living a huge lie for the last couple years.

JESUS. i don't know i could survive that. i'm the very definition of lightweight. four mixed drinks, and i'm far too friendly to anything with a y chromosome.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
podcast fanatics ☺

mimi wrote:
pjstwo wrote:

JESUS. i don't know i could survive that. i'm the very definition of lightweight. four mixed drinks, and i'm far too friendly to anything with a y chromosome.

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:48 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

it really is. when i'm completely gone, i apparently call guys by the wrong name and it is entirely embarassing.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
podcast fanatics ☺

mimi wrote:
it really is. when i'm completely gone, i apparently call guys by the wrong name and it is entirely embarassing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: shit happens. If any of you ever come to DE, I AM buying at least one drink. None negotiable. :D

Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:54 pm
house micro-woody lord

mimi wrote:
pjstwo wrote:

go on.... alternatively, pics or it didn't happen?

Exodus wrote:
mimi wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: shit happens. If any of you ever come to DE, I AM buying at least one drink. None negotiable. :D

sounds like you should be buying her at least 4 drinks.

Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:44 pm
house tinywoody lord

Since I live in San Diego, the hosts actually coming here have a high probability.
Of course, I also avoid all of downtown during ComiCon like the plague, so I couldn't really stalk them effectively.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:03 am
house tinywoody lord

Drinks, grub and free rooms.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:18 pm
house tyrell

If the Podcast Hosts were to visit my city, the sun would rise in the West, and Daenerys's womb would quicken again. It's a long way out of their way. But I expect I could spring for drinks and/or a meal out.

Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:47 pm
for my freckles, your grace

ranjitb wrote:
Since I live in San Diego, the hosts actually coming here have a high probability.
Of course, I also avoid all of downtown during ComiCon like the plague, so I couldn't really stalk them effectively.

You don't go downtown and check out all the hot cosplay girls!?!?!? For shame!

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:59 pm
house tinywoody

It's so depressing that I didn't get into the podcast until a year ago. Just a few years ago I was in Dallas almost every weekend to see my boy while he was at UT Dallas. I could have visited Mimi! That said, Houston's not a far drive and I'd absolutely make it for a podcast party!

Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:18 pm
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Tom 162 wrote:
If the Podcast Hosts were to visit my city, the sun would rise in the West, and Daenerys's womb would quicken again. It's a long way out of their way. But I expect I could spring for drinks and/or a meal out.

I hear ya! Maybe we should become shadowbinders so we can travel across the seas to talk to the hosts via mystical vision dreams. :D

Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:43 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Queensmoot wrote:
It's so depressing that I didn't get into the podcast until a year ago. Just a few years ago I was in Dallas almost every weekend to see my boy while he was at UT Dallas. I could have visited Mimi! That said, Houston's not a far drive and I'd absolutely make it for a podcast party!

hey! did i know him?

Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
house yronwoody lord

mimi wrote:
TDuck wrote:
Conversely, what would the hosts do if we were to visit their city

if any of y'all came to dallas, i'd absolutely be down for hanging out and providing a place to crash.

I only remember getting a recommendation for underwhelming BBQ!

Better than the brisket in DC though, I must say.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:13 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

hey, i recommended bodacious, and you ended up going to some other place within DART distance.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=106&p=1121

Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:57 am
Profile WWW
house yronwoody lord

Hmm, touché. It must have been such a soul crushing experience that I blocked out the memory.

Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:22 am
house blackwoody

IMO, you guys should come to Toronto.

I work a block from the Bell Lighthouse (well, the office is moving... then it's going to be two blocks), where GRRM did his big public event just before the season 2 premiere, plus he was here for the worldcon I attended a while back... back in '03, I think...

Anyways, if my wife doesn't think you're crazy I got a couch free. Hey, we even got a guest bedroom... but it is a pretty nice couch...

Plus, I think Ashley already lives in Toronto anyway, and Amin's like a day's drive away in Montreal.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:01 pm
house greyjoy

I have only been a listener and message board follower for a year now yet I can't figure out why you guys aren't going to cities and hosting parties. I really think it would be cool to hang out with the hosts and other listeners to toast our mutual love for GRRM.

I live in Boston but would totally travel to NYC or Montreal or Toronto for a yearly "convention". Christ if it were to be a yearly convention I would travel farther, well maybe not to Asia or Europe but you all get the point.

Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next