View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Episode 82 
house tinywoody lord

Yeah, it felt weird to pick up the re-read right there. Time to put back on my book-reader feathered hat.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:25 am
★wardens of the woody★

I would second Brynden's suggestion, my mind kinda works things that way. It sounds like fun. Not that that reread isn't cool, but it'll be nice to break it up.

"These wonderful narrations inspired me with strange feelings. Was man, indeed, at once so powerful, so virtuous and magnificent, yet so vicious and base? He appeared at one time a mere scion of the evil principle, and at another as all that can be conceived of noble and godlike."
—The Monster, from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:15 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Dhamon22 wrote:
Glad to have you back Mimi. Make sure to catch up on the show before the next podcast.

not gonna happen!

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
house tinywoody lord

Have your legions of admirers send you the Blu-rays. :idea:

Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:33 pm
for my freckles, your grace

The Ragged Man wrote:
Yeah, it felt weird to pick up the re-read right there. Time to put back on my book-reader feathered hat.

But if you just skip all the game of thrones episodes it won't seem weird at all.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:33 pm

I may be wrong here since I'm still the new guy on the block, but I think the chapter rereads started because we were running out of good ideas to base an entire episode around.

www.MADCANARD.com

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:34 pm
Site Admin

Kyle wrote:
I may be wrong here since I'm still the new guy on the block, but I think the chapter rereads started because we were running out of good ideas to base an entire episode around.

Kind of yeah. The other thing is that they are easy to prepare for, really. Need some reading but just those two chapters, can make some notes if you want :geek: Those shows types Brynden suggested are great and will be considered for future episodes, but take a lot of preparation and can't be done on a weekly or even biweekly basis. Maybe if we were employed to podcast, but we are not, the podcast remains a hobby and side commitment for us. Which is why I totally understand and stand by Mimi not watching the second season if she doesn't have the time and/or interest to do so.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Overworking yourself can do nothing, but harm. Better to stay consistent than burn out because of over effort. I'm loving the groove you all are in right now and I wouldn't swap it for anything. As you said, you do go on some great tangents in the chapter rereads that broach these broader topics that people want discussed.

Fantasy Football Team: The Gay Abandon

Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:04 pm
podcast convert

Kyle wrote:

When I first started seriously listening to the podcast, I was worried about jumping in at a random point in the re-reads (somewhere around Episode 30)... but then I realized that it doesn't really matter which book or which chapter you are re-reading; I know the series so well that I will be able to enjoy whatever part of it you're discussing. It also reminds me of random things from the books that I'd forgotten about.

So, it works for me.

If anything, I'd like to see more than 2 chapters per episode, since it's going to take years to get through all the books (and I'd love to hear a Storm of Swords re-read). But I know that apparently it didn't work as well, with more chapters.

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:38 pm
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Amin wrote:
Kyle wrote:

Kind of yeah. The other thing is that they are easy to prepare for, really. Need some reading but just those two chapters, can make some notes if you want :geek: Those shows types Brynden suggested are great and will be considered for future episodes, but take a lot of preparation and can't be done on a weekly or even biweekly basis. Maybe if we were employed to podcast, but we are not, the podcast remains a hobby and side commitment for us. Which is why I totally understand and stand by Mimi not watching the second season if she doesn't have the time and/or interest to do so.

I thought it began as an early attempt to rectify a shocking lack of knowledge as well. :)

I like the rereads, but as Lex said, it'll take forever to get through the books at two chapters per episode, but five seemed a bit unwieldy. Maybe three would be better?

Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:46 pm
night's watch

mimi wrote:
Dhamon22 wrote:
Glad to have you back Mimi. Make sure to catch up on the show before the next podcast.

not gonna happen!

Fair enough haha. I wasn't a big fan of season 2 so theres really no rush.

Amin - I'd definitely prefer you guys keep doing the re-read if it means more frequent podcasts. Maybe with a more homeworky episode thrown in every once in a while.

Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

I'ld like to chime in here also. I've listened for years. I understand why the foucs on the re-reads as I was present for many pre-reread episodes. It makes sense. We, as fans, will not finish this series for likely 6-10 years from now. IF it ends in 2 books. We have plenty of time to reread the series slowly. The podcasts are a great way to keep the novels active while waiting forever for the next installment. The podcasters are always up on the latest developements. If there is big news to discuss, they will interupt re-read progress to go over it. Like the next Dunk and Egg. Can't #$%ing wait!
Keep up the outstanding work.
To me, its always an exciting treat to see a new episode up.
-TimmaY!!!

Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:59 pm
☁ podcast artist ☁

Quote:
Kyle "Lemon cakes my mortal enemy"

You know what Kyle. The Lemon cakes ARE NOT TAKING YOUR SHIT ANYMORE!!!

Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Sweet moses.

www.MADCANARD.com

Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:59 am

Ummm does your avatar have King Robert saying "Where the bitches at?" Double sweet moses.

www.MADCANARD.com

Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:01 am
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Kyle wrote:
Ummm does your avatar have King Robert saying "Where the bitches at?" Double sweet moses.

It's totally canon now. Haha.

Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2