View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Episode 97 - Ours is the Fury 
podcast historian

Still not finished but until now: Good episode - I really enjoy it. Amin made House Manwoody proud as he is the one who throws in the dirty lines in that one, and Ashley shines also - as always when she can talk about her desires (dirty old men with scars) ;) I think Susan is a very good guest-host and I liked her bringing in some really deep knowledge of the books.

And really funny was the line when she started with: "Oh you sweet summer child," regarging the people complaining of the time between the TV-seasons. I think I came up with a great second part of that quote (not meant entirely serious - so do not be angry with me ;)) - maybe you have other ideas?

"Oh you sweet summer child - what do you know of waiting?
Real waiting is when you know the next book will surely not come within the next 2 years.
When Mr. Martin does not progress and travels from con to con only to write a few pages each month.
When childs are born and come to school between the books and Mr. Martin signs even more contracts
that keep him busy instead of facing the winds of winter."

Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:18 am
Profile WWW
house manwoody knight

Agreed, a fine episode indeed! With a nice mix of news related chat at the beginning followed by some really good dissection of the chapter re-read.

And Brynden, I think I have the perfect picture for you. Some comments from a GoT S3 promo video that sum up your feelings:

"You want to know the horrible truth? I can't even remember what she looked like. I only know she was the one thing I ever wanted. Someone took her away from me... and seven kingdoms couldn't fill the hole she left behind."

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:50 am
Profile WWW
mrs. sandor clegane

that's actually what I was setting up and Susan caught right on :D

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:42 am
podcast fanatics ☺

I didnt recognize Stannis in the set photo either. Amin said he looked an older Renly, i hadnt thought of that before.
In regard to Ashely liking Catelyn and Amin liking Bran, I pretty much like all the POV characters except the Greyjoy Bros and Areo Hotah. Theyre chapters "can" be interesting but i dont care for them as characters.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:20 pm
team stannis

Not certain how cannon this is but from the Green Ronin RPG -

Quote:
Tansy is a tall, flowering herb with yellow, button-like flowers. It smells of camphor and rosemary, and it may be used to spice puddings or eggs. Like pennyroyal, it can be steeped into a tea to combat stomach pains, fevers, and even the shaking sickness. Too much, however, can cause abdominal and bowel pains—and even violent seizures. Tansy is one of the key ingredients in Moon tea (with mint, pennyroyal, and wormwood), used as a form of birth control. As with pennyroyal, a strong dose can cause a pregnant woman to lose a child.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:11 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I almost choked on my drink when Susan called herself 'a grandma' @ 34!!!! I would like to just point out that at 38 (!!!!) I ain't nobody's grandma - I prefer to be known as the hot-mess aunt :p

Otherwise it was another fab episode :)

Slàinte,
Nadine.

If you piss me off I may be forced to kill you... in my book.
https://www.demonality.org/

Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:30 am
Profile YIM WWW
house martell

Pretty sure I won't be the first to think of haunting George's library if I don't live long enough to see AWOW come out. Speaking of Stannis, I guess this is HBO's way of getting back at all those book fans who were complaining about the fact that Stephen Dillane isn't bald enough, so they were like fuck it, not only is there birth control in Westeros but also Rogaine. No but on a serious note, I think he is suppose to look different. He failed in his invasion of King's Landing, he lost his most trusted Onion Knight and he's been getting leeched on numerous occaisons and of course to state the obvious he's let his hair go and all the stress has turned it grey and white. I like the new look, but still having a hard time getting used to the show's version of Thoros of Myr, please oh please HBO don't ruin the Red Viper as well..

oh and btw, great podcast. I knew I was forgetting something. I've come across Susan a number of times on Tumblr and WiC. It's great to have her insight on the series as always. Also been listening to apoiaf since you guys had Elio and Linda on. Been tuning in ever since. Keep it up guys.

Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:09 am
house greyjoy

Really good episode. It was nice that Ashly got some room to shine.

portoanthony wrote:
In regard to Ashely liking Catelyn and Amin liking Bran, I pretty much like all the POV characters except the Greyjoy Bros and Areo Hotah.

I really like Bran chapters. I seem to be the only one. I basically only dislike Dany's Dance with Dragons chapters. I find enough worthwhile in everything else to redeem them.

Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:47 am
team blacksmith

Loved the episode. And one day, Amin, I will convince you of the veracity of the Brandon/Ashara Theory of Truth. Or else it will become apparent all on its own.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I loved this episode! and don't you dare ink! It was all Ned dammit! I also loved the talk about the bran chapter, always some of my favorites

Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:19 pm
house tinywoody lord

Ashley, how did you not know that the boy playing Jojen is also from the Doctor Who eps Human Nature/Family of Blood? C'mon!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:01 pm
★wardens of the woody★

He's also in those vile kids movies with the nanny

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]