View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
ASOIAF Christmas Filks... would you be down? 
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Amin wrote:
jesicka309 wrote:
Obviously I am not going to sing it, but anyone else is welcome to take a crack at it....I didn't have to change too much of the words really, the song already captures how downtrodden and depressed Jon Snow is. :)

Why obviously not? We need even more accented singing for this episode :)

Haha maybe I'll give it a try tonight then, take advantage of the fact that my bf is in hospital and can't judge me...though I'm warning you, I am a terrible singer. It is lucky I won't be butchering one of the religious songs haha.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:01 pm
house payne

jesicka309 wrote:
Amin wrote:
jesicka309 wrote:
Obviously I am not going to sing it, but anyone else is welcome to take a crack at it....I didn't have to change too much of the words really, the song already captures how downtrodden and depressed Jon Snow is. :)

Haha maybe I'll give it a try tonight then, take advantage of the fact that my bf is in hospital and can't judge me...though I'm warning you, I am a terrible singer. It is lucky I won't be butchering one of the religious songs haha.

I hope your bf is okay. Good luck with the singing. You don't think reindeer enthusiasts will be as offended by poor singing as Jesus enthusiasts would be about poor singing of some of the offensive lyrics we've been putting in their songs? That's probably a good bet, but I don't really see either as much on an issue.

Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:15 pm
house tyrell

I like how 'rangers' sounds like 'reindeer'.

As for 'Sandor Baby', if only Sansa had some children, they could reply with 'I saw Mommy kissing Sandor's scars'. ;)

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:19 pm
team blacksmith

jesicka309 wrote:
Amin wrote:
jesicka309 wrote:

Go for it!

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
podcast historian

@Jesicka: I wonder what "ranges games" include - if sung right this could give very strange connotations. What was that theory apoiaf came up with Benjen and Jeor??

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:41 am
Profile WWW
for my freckles, your grace

Amin wrote:
jesicka309 wrote:

If Jesicka sings an entire song in that sexy accent my heart may explode.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:48 am
☁ podcast art manager ☁

brynden wrote:
@Jesicka: I wonder what "ranges games" include - if sung right this could give very strange connotations. What was that theory apoiaf came up with Benjen and Jeor??

In my head the rangers games are like Cub Scouts - they all go camping, learn to tie knots, do trust exercises, sing "Brave Danny Flint" and tell scary stories about the Long Night. ;)

Kyle wrote:
If Jesicka sings an entire song in that sexy accent my heart may explode.

I'm flattered you think my accent is sexy...though I sound like I'm about 12, so it's a little bit creepy too.

I've recorded Jon Snow the Bastard Stark Boy - I'm pretty flat and sharp throughout (no judging technical singers!) but it is definitely recognizably to the tune of Rudolph. I am about to send it now, here it is on SoundCloud. https://soundcloud.com/jesicka309/jonsnowthebastardstarkboy
Sorry. :(

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:03 am
★wardens of the woody★

jesicka309 wrote:
I'm flattered you think my accent is sexy...though I sound like I'm about 12, so it's a little bit creepy too.

LOL between the 2 of us we have the beginnings of a children's (sounding) chior :p

jesicka309 wrote:
I've recorded Jon Snow the Bastard Stark Boy - I'm pretty flat and sharp throughout (no judging technical singers!) but it is definitely recognizably to the tune of Rudolph. I am about to send it now, here it is on SoundCloud. https://soundcloud.com/jesicka309/jonsnowthebastardstarkboy

Awesome effort and truthfully ya a bit sharp/flat in places but I am thrilled someone else (who's not a pro) sang as well and massive applause at having the balls to actually put it out there (I know EXACTLY how you feel!)

Slàinte,
Nadine.

If you piss me off I may be forced to kill you... in my book.
https://www.demonality.org/

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:12 am
Profile YIM WWW
podcast doctor

jesicka309 wrote:

lol.......very well done jess! i am totally with kyle on this. i dont know what it is, but that australian accent seriously makes me melt. you said "sawr" instead of "saw".........etc.

we are gathering quite a collection of great stuff. very proud of how house manwoody is reppin'

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:13 am
podcast historian

@Jesicka. Really well done.

@PodcastCrew:
You should really send GRRM a link to this episode - he surely will enjoy the awesomeness of his fans and it may convince him to give it a try with apoiaf. :)

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:25 am
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Erinyes wrote:
Awesome effort and truthfully ya a bit sharp/flat in places but I am thrilled someone else (who's not a pro) sang as well and massive applause at having the balls to actually put it out there (I know EXACTLY how you feel!)

Thanks Erinyes... I was in choir etc. in school, but only for my loud noise. I can keep in tune when I have a large group of people on key around me.... not so much when I'm singing acapella. :P It's all about the sentiment, and Rudolph is child's carol...so I'm sticking to that.
Finally got to listen to your song... you don't have a childish voice! You reminded me of my grandmother, but only because she's also British and her singing voice is similar. Must the posh accent.

linecom1 wrote:
lol.......very well done jess! i am totally with kyle on this. i dont know what it is, but that australian accent seriously makes me melt. you said "sawr" instead of "saw".........etc.

I guess that's why everyone loves Miranda Kerr, right? She has the whole accent thing. And the sawr thing was just bad pronounciation on my part! I don't *think* it was an accent thing!

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:27 am
★wardens of the woody★

jesicka309 wrote:
Thanks Erinyes... I was in choir etc. in school, but only for my loud noise. I can keep in tune when I have a large group of people on key around me.... not so much when I'm singing acapella. :P It's all about the sentiment, and Rudolph is child's carol...so I'm sticking to that.
Finally got to listen to your song... you don't have a childish voice! You reminded me of my grandmother, but only because she's also British and her singing voice is similar. Must the posh accent.

Posh accent?!?! LMAO!

I thought you're accent was brit and I'm actually Canadian (transplanted to the UK) and for the record I did sing in the (class) choir as well (I was relegated to the alto section even tho I desperatly wanted to sing sopranno, never mind that I in no way shape or form had the range!) I sang till I was about 17 then real life hit and had to give it up...but I still occassionally give solo concerts - in the shower :p

Slàinte,
Nadine.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:38 am
Profile YIM WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Erinyes wrote:
jesicka309 wrote:

Posh accent?!?! LMAO!

I thought you're accent was brit and I'm actually Canadian (transplanted to the UK) and for the record I did sing in the (class) choir as well (I was relegated to the alto section even tho I desperatly wanted to sing sopranno, never mind that I in no way shape or form had the range!) I sang till I was about 17 then real life hit and had to give it up...but I still occassionally give solo concerts - in the shower :p

Yes I was alto too...again, loud noises but can follow a tune. I was kept well away from the Sopranos...unfortunately there are not many alto carols.... boo! I tried Away in a Manger and I struggled badly. Our National Anthem is difficult to sing as well - it;s either impossibly high or impossibly low for me to sing!
Maybe I sound slightly Brit due to an ex-pat grandmother and mother? Anyways, I could definitely hear the English twang in your singing. ;)

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:42 am
house payne

jesicka309 wrote:
I guess that's why everyone loves Miranda Kerr, right? She has the whole accent thing. And the sawr thing was just bad pronounciation on my part! I don't *think* it was an accent thing!

There may be one or two other reasons why people love Miranda Kerr, but I'll grant you that accent could certainly be one of them. Plus she's married to Legolas, so that's pretty sweet.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:02 am
★wardens of the woody★

Kyle wrote:
Lady_Grey wrote:
We Wish You a Merry Christmas

This one is for all the long-time fans. I feel for you guys...

We wish George would finish writing
Our passions he's been igniting
The fans can be a little frightning
We just love it so much.

Did Ramsay get his yet,
Will Jon Snow pull through?
I hope Dany and Drogon
Burn Victarion's Crew

We wish George would finish writing
Dragons ended before the fighting
Spoiler chapters are so delighting
Cuz these cliffhangers Suck

For now there's group re-reads
And Amin's crazy theories
But We'll die if you're out-paced
By the HBO series.

WE WISH GEORGE WOULD FINISH WRITING
Fingernails we have been biting
A release Date would be exciting
I Guess you just can't rush art.

Please tell me you're planning on recording this.

I would love to but I'm not set up to record :(. Anyone want to take a crack at it??

Small edit: Change we just love it so much to we're just slightly obsessed. More accurate.
And the line about the fingernails works better with our nails we have been a biting.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:52 am
★wardens of the woody★

jed o'white hart wrote:
Lady_Grey wrote:
Ashley wrote:
i'm having a crap time coming of with Favourite Things from Cercei. I really wanna do that because I'm good at that song, it's only three verses so if anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Okay I think Jed Nailed it Too Funny. But just for fun here are some other verses...

Grooming my kids to be arrogant bullies
Crushing the Tyrells, the Starks, and the Tullys
Using my tits and my ass to pull strings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Dining on King Roberts muderous boar
Whipping my dwarf brother's favorite whore
Incestuous, sleazy, bicurious flings

Each day growing more paranoid and bitter
Tyrion's bronzed head resting in my shitter
The tower of the hand in a blaze of bright green

:D great stuff mi'lady , love it . made me actually LOL :D plenty there for ashley to work with I reckon, a mega mix maybe ?

Lol sounds awesome ser :)

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:54 am
Site Admin

I am thinking about whether the episode should start with all the songs at the start or whether to have them at the end, with a note at the start saying at what time point the singing begins.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Amin wrote:
I am thinking about whether the episode should start with all the songs at the start or whether to have them at the end, with a note at the start saying at what time point the singing begins.

I'm tempted to say put them at the end so people have the choice of listening (torturing themselves) to to them :p

Slàinte,
Nadine.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Ya that is what I am leaning towards. I might also stick all the songs together and try to put on our youtube channel if people want to just listen to the songs themselves.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:29 pm
Profile WWW

jesicka309 wrote:

Well thanks alot Jesicka. I was working on my own Rudolph filk, but now I have to go back to the drawing board. Days of hard work ruined! Oh the humanity! :D

Nice job!

www.MADCANARD.com

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:48 pm
Site Admin

Kyle wrote:
jesicka309 wrote:

Well thanks alot Jesicka. I was working on my own Rudolph filk, but now I have to go back to the drawing board. Days of hard work ruined! Oh the humanity! :D

Nice job!

Well if you've actually recorded something or are getting there it is fine to submit it. It is not like it is a problem to have a song sung by two different people, at least if the second was a podcast host, because listeners would want to hear that. So don't rule out any of the ones already submitted either if you want to sing them Kyle.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:51 pm
Profile WWW

Amin wrote:
Well if you've actually recorded something or are getting there it is fine to submit it. It is not like it is a problem to have a song sung by two different people, at least if the second was a podcast host, because listeners would want to hear that. So don't rule out any of the ones already submitted either if you want to sing them Kyle.

Thanks coach.

www.MADCANARD.com

Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:10 pm
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Kyle wrote:
Amin wrote:

Thanks coach.

I'm sorry Kyle!! I didn't realise you were doing that song! Hope I haven't wrecked things for you!

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:00 pm
team blacksmith

I love your version, jesicka! And still definitely want to hear Kyle singing ;)

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:09 pm
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Yes. I must hear Kyle sing. It's all I want for Christmas. :)

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:06 pm
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Ok, I got bored and wrote another one, though I couldn't sing it due to lack of talent... this song is hard... So if anyone out there has the impressive range required for this classic Christams pop song, go for it.
To the tune of "All I want for Christmas" by Mariah Carey

All I Want From You, Qarth

Spoiler: show
I don't want a lot from you Qarth
There are certain things I need
I don't care about the presents
That you keep on giving me

I just want my own boats
Really anything that floats
A prophecy or twooooooo
All I want from you Qarth
Is...
You........

I don't need a husband Xaro
Drogo was enough for me
That crown sure does look nice but
My dragons do not come for free

I don't need to plead my case
Aren't my dragons proof enough?
Xaro, you don't even like girls,
And I see right through your bluff

Khaleesi, Stormborn, bride of fire
My names are as yet a few
Mother of dragons toooooo
Give me boats and I'll leave
It's true....
True Baby

Oh I don't want to do much with them
Just invade a foreign land
Reclaim my father's birthright
Murder those who make a stand

If the spicers will not help me
Nor the guild nor the Thirteen
I will just seek out the Warlocks
I'm sure they can make me Queen

'Cause I want to go back home
To a land I've never known
Jorah wants it, toooooooo
Qarth I'll get out of your hair
Soooooon

Oh all the lights are shining
In the magic air
And the sound of whispered
Prophecies are there

And doors are opening
I hear those Undead singing
Mother of Dragons, child of three
Won't you stay and give your body to me?

Oh I don't want to stay here now Qarth
Don't worry, soon I'll be gone
Sorry 'bout your magic house
That was all Drogon

Oh all I really need is boats
A body guard or two...
On my way to Westeros
real soon

Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:58 pm
★wardens of the woody★

jesicka309 wrote:
Ok, I got bored and wrote another one, though I couldn't sing it due to lack of talent... this song is hard... So if anyone out there has the impressive range required for this classic Christams pop song, go for it.

I just want my own boats
A prophecy or twooooooo
Is...
You........

Drogo was enough for me

It's true....
True Baby

Soooooon

In the magic air
Prophecies are there

And doors are opening

That was all Drogon

A body guard or two...
On my way to Westeros
real soon

First off: OMFG! That's just insanely good! Secondly, I am no where near good enough to sing it (but I love the song) Too bad we couldn't try getting a few peeps on skype to try and sing it as a group or at least singing the parts they feel most comfortable with, range-wise ;)

Slàinte,
Nadine.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
★wardens of the woody★

jesicka309 wrote:

I just want my own boats
A prophecy or twooooooo
Is...
You........

Drogo was enough for me

It's true....
True Baby

Soooooon

In the magic air
Prophecies are there

And doors are opening

That was all Drogon

A body guard or two...
On my way to Westeros
real soon

I love that song! LMAO! Cheers Jesicka

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:46 pm

jesicka309 wrote:

I just want my own boats
A prophecy or twooooooo
Is...
You........

Drogo was enough for me

It's true....
True Baby

Soooooon

In the magic air
Prophecies are there

And doors are opening

That was all Drogon

A body guard or two...
On my way to Westeros
real soon

Nice. I don't think anyone here is going to challenge Maria Carey to a sing off, but hopefully somebody tries this out.

www.MADCANARD.com

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:51 am
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Kyle wrote:
jesicka309 wrote:

I just want my own boats
A prophecy or twooooooo
Is...
You........

Drogo was enough for me

It's true....
True Baby

Soooooon

In the magic air
Prophecies are there

And doors are opening

That was all Drogon

A body guard or two...
On my way to Westeros
real soon

Nice. I don't think anyone here is going to challenge Maria Carey to a sing off, but hopefully somebody tries this out.

I reckon inkasrain could give it a shot..... she has an amazing voice!

Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 391 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next