View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Future Fan Art Ideas 
Site Admin

By the way, Cubicz will be part of an episode I have planned in the future, Re: Artists of APOIAF, I will offer a guest host position to some of our top artists for this episode 8-) Cubicz has his spot offered (so do Vietrose, PieWhoWasPromised, and Dickon, if the latter's time zone issues can be overcome), who else wants to take a shot? :D

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:02 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

You should have a 'good' artist episode and a 'terrible' artist episode. :) I fall into the later category. :)

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:25 pm
podcast historian

jesicka should be part of it - she is their "manager"...

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Nah Brynden, they should leave the spot open for one of the true artists who've done fan art. I just nag people to draw pictures. :)

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:28 pm
Site Admin

I would like to have a personal avatar drawn of me that I can use in these forums and elsewhere. Send me a PM if you have the skills to do so, we can discuss details of it. Compensation is my gratitude, mentioning/hosting on our gallery (and its use) and guest hosting as part of the recurring Artists of Ice and Fire episodes I have planned

Tue May 21, 2013 11:33 am
Profile WWW
podcast historian

Amin wrote:
I would like to have a personal avatar drawn of me that I can use in these forums and elsewhere. Send me a PM if you have the skills to do so, we can discuss details of it. Compensation is my gratitude, mentioning/hosting on our gallery (and its use) and guest hosting as part of the recurring Artists of Ice and Fire episodes I have planned

Mine is by Varsuuvius/Dickon - I just sent her the idea and she came up with it. It is soo great! Although I fear sometimes I have to re-word my posts because otherwise it would come cross just too grumpy... :mrgreen:

Tue May 21, 2013 12:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Good example of APOIAF developed subculture being put to art (by Lex):

Feel free to be inspired by other theories and memes to create similar art (may even find its way into one of the future art books)

Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:54 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I think there is an episode where Mimi says she's the Beryl to Kyle's Sailor Moon. Think that would be a good portrait setup. If the rest of us are in it, then I can be Tuxedo Mask then, not sure what Ashley wants to go with.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:37 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Would be cool to see what I dubbed Bran's and Bloodraven's "Tree-net" in artistic form sometime :geek:

Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
house payne

Amin wrote:
Feel free to be inspired by other theories and memes to create similar art (may even find its way into one of the future art books)

Once I get going, I just can't help myself. Here is a graphic compilation of some of APOIAF's finer theories.

Full res: http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1136/xuad.png

Yes, I know some of these theories have already been represented in previous art endeavors, but I was compelled to contribute my vision as well. I hope others still feel free to use components of these theoretical imaginings in their future chapter recaps and other art projects wherever applicable.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:02 am
Site Admin

Lol, crazy stuff. I'll get that out on our social mediums right away. We'll have to get that print in the artbooks somewhere as well, lol. Maybe the massively huge artbook that Storm of Swords is shaping up to be.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:15 am
Profile WWW
team stannis

Pretty awesome Pod!

Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:11 am
house manwoody knight

Pod's Plight wrote:
Once I get going, I just can't help myself. Here is a graphic compilation of some of APOIAF's finer theories.

Yes, I know some of these theories have already been represented in previous art endeavors, but I was compelled to contribute my vision as well. I hope others still feel free to use components of these theoretical imaginings in their future chapter recaps and other art projects wherever applicable.

That looks awesome, Pod. :lol: I especially like the booby trapped saddle and the blood oranges one.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:58 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Questions for you

Quote:
Andrew Price For some reason I just love Theon's socks. Why is he wearing socks? Are his feet cold? Do socks even exist in that form in Westeros? So many questions.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:00 am
Profile WWW
house payne

Amin wrote:
Questions for you

Quote:
Andrew Price For some reason I just love Theon's socks. Why is he wearing socks? Are his feet cold? Do socks even exist in that form in Westeros? So many questions.

Jemaine, from "Flight of the Concords," knows the importance of "Business Socks."

True, it isn't a apoiaf reference, but I always like to mix in various pop culture nuggets. For example, there is also a nod to "The Wire" in there.

The alternate reason for the socks is that I didn't want to draw any more feet/toes. Creatively and pragmatically it just made sense to me.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:34 am
for my freckles, your grace

Pod's Plight wrote:
Amin wrote:

Full res: http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1136/xuad.png

This cracks me up everytime I see it!

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2