View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Questions for Scott Lynch (The Lies of Locke Lamora) 
Site Admin

List your questions here, put them in spoiler tags if related to his book(s) because Kyle is reading the book now I believe. I would think the episode would be more geared toward ASOIAF related stuff and that's what he would want to chat about, so keep that in mind.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Shit wait are you inviting Scott Lynch for an episode?!?! That is fanfuckingtastic.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:10 pm
house smallwoody lord

I really enjoyed Lies of LL and I especially liked the audio book. The narrator, Michael Page, is one of the best I every heard. Ask him how much input he had on the choice or was it out of his hands.
I am a 1/3 the way through Red Seas under Red Skies and plan on starting bk 3 in Feb. I tell all my ASOI&F friend to read Scott's bks while waiting for WOW.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:22 am
★wardens of the woody★

Question wise i just think it'd be fun to ask him about the usual stuff, when he got into the series etc, but also the classic theories R+L=J, frey pies, etc.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:44 am
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

Wow MIND= BLOWN . I'm reading the book too, its really enjoyable.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:49 pm
Site Admin

Yeah looks like some time in February fits his schedule, maybe later.

Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:37 pm
Profile WWW
team blacksmith

Has ASOIAF inspired your own writing?
How did it feel to get a blurb from George RR Martin?
Do you feel there are any changes in the genre as a whole since Martin/Game of Thrones has been so explosively popular?
What is your ideal adaptation scenario for The Gentleman Bastard sequence?

Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:13 pm

Is there a story telling mechanic or plot device in ASOIAF that you really liked and would incorporate in your works.

Is there a story telling mechanic or plot device you use, you feel Martin should also use in ASOIAF too.

Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:18 pm
★wardens of the woody★

What house would you support? Where do you think Locke and Jean would thrive in Westeros/Essos?

Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:07 pm
house payne

With regards to lengthy series of novels (and temporarily ignoring the financial logistics of publishing), do you think it would be preferable to complete the entire series to your utmost personal satisfaction before any of the books were released, or do you think that there is a benefit in the gap years between release dates that allows for fan feedback and creative authorial marination? That is to say, if you weren't beholden to any outside powers, would the final product of your series be diminished if you had written it in its entirety before releasing it to the public?

One character form A Song of Ice and Fire is joining the Gentleman Bastards, which one is the most successful in this role, which one has the most interesting interactions?

Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Pod's Plight wrote:
One character form A Song of Ice and Fire is joining the Gentleman Bastards, which one is the most successful in this role, which one has the most interesting interactions?

Thats a good question, its Varys for me.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:35 pm
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Jaqen!! Or Arya. They'd never need the make up box again if they could change their faces. Locke would be a fantastic Faceless Man.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:02 pm
★wardens of the woody★

jesicka309 wrote:
Jaqen!! Or Arya. They'd never need the make up box again if they could change their faces. Locke would be a fantastic Faceless Man.

No he's actually not all that bloodthirsty, he doesn't really relish in death, though I guess they don't either.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:50 pm
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Oh I know he's not into killing, but if he could convince the Faceless Men into teaching him their tricks in exchange for some other benefit (maybe he trains recruits in the field like he did with Bug before handing them on to the FM?) and then doing his own stealing in his free time.

Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:59 pm
★wardens of the woody★

jesicka309 wrote:
Oh I know he's not into killing, but if he could convince the Faceless Men into teaching him their tricks in exchange for some other benefit (maybe he trains recruits in the field like he did with Bug before handing them on to the FM?) and then doing his own stealing in his free time.

Hmm, I see him fucking them over and then they try to murder him. But who knows?!

Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:15 pm
house manwoody lord

I've spent almost as many years waiting for next installments in the GB Sequence as I have for Ice & Fire books - awesome that you guys are having him on! It's quite a 'feather in your cap' so to speak... :)
And perhaps a step toward having the big guy himself himself on as a guest someday? One can hope...

I don't have any particular questions for Mr. Lynch, but I'm curious how many here discovered his series (as I did) from perusing George's site and finding 'Lies in his book recommendations for people waiting for the next Ice & Fire book? That was where I first heard of Daniel Abraham also... Come to think of it, he'd be another great guest if you could snag him somehow, what with writing the AGoT comic book and some recent Wildcards stuff, not to mention collaborating with Ty Franck on their space opera noir stuff...

Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:17 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Arristan the Old wrote:
I've spent almost as many years waiting for next installments in the GB Sequence as I have for Ice & Fire books - awesome that you guys are having him on! It's quite a 'feather in your cap' so to speak... :)
And perhaps a step toward having the big guy himself himself on as a guest someday? One can hope...

I don't have any particular questions for Mr. Lynch, but I'm curious how many here discovered his series (as I did) from perusing George's site and finding 'Lies in his book recommendations for people waiting for the next Ice & Fire book? That was where I first heard of Daniel Abraham also... Come to think of it, he'd be another great guest if you could snag him somehow, what with writing the AGoT comic book and some recent Wildcards stuff, not to mention collaborating with Ty Franck on their space opera noir stuff...

I absolutely agree :D

Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:25 am
★wardens of the woody★

The only questions I have would become spoilers for me. I'm only about half done with Red Seas Under Red Skies, so my questions might be answered latter in the series.

Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD?!! Has it been recorded yet?

If not, I'm kind of curious if there are any other references to Final Fantasy in his books. I've noticed
Spoiler: show
Rude Trevor Vargas shares a name with another character from 6, and also the same thing with Stragos….. :geek:

"At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realise that that is not in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely, happy in the knowledge that it has helped you on your way."

Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]