View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Episode 92 - Interview with FFG 
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

I thought Ser Rodrik turned down Lady Hornwood instead of the other way around (Bran II)?

Interesting chat, though I've never had anything to do with the board games.

"At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realise that that is not in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely, happy in the knowledge that it has helped you on your way."

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:24 pm
house payne

Like Kyle, I'm hoping to get the board game for Christmas and give it a whirl. Nice work on the episode team.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:23 pm
Site Admin

gsdg wrote:
I thought Ser Rodrik turned down Lady Hornwood instead of the other way around (Bran II)?

No, this is Bran III, the tables have turned.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
house tinywoody lord

Its funny I hated Bran chapters (until Dance) on my first read, but I'm actually enjoying it on my second read- probably cause I wasn't too familiar with the lesser of the Northern houses.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:26 am
house tyrell

"Soylent Greenseer" was a new one to me! :lol:

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:57 am
team stannis

Tom 162 wrote:

Me as well, but I am stealing it much better than jojenpaste!

Curious of what non players of the board game thought of this episode?
I thought it was great but am very biased.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:39 am
Site Admin

By the way, if you liked the episode, could you please write down a short comment in the comments area on the main site for the episode? FFG and other companies will look at these comment areas in general when deciding whether to accept interviews for the podcast, but they will not bother to register and look inside forums. It helps to have some more there, while leaving the forum for more detailed discussion.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:12 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Which amuses me to no end because comment sections even on the most popular sites are almost always empty other than a situation where a toxic argument erupts.

Fantasy Football Team: The Gay Abandon

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:31 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

i like Amin's idea about playing the battle in the north. I think they should also do one for the slavers bay battles.

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:08 pm
house bolton

Amin - you mentioned an interest in the card game. I actually just got this as a present from wife just this past week. And got to play it over the weekend. This is an LCG (Living Card Game) as opposed to Magic: The Gathering a CCG (Collectible Card Game). Difference is with M:tG you buy packs and have to collect rare cards, this you buy the expansion you get every card in the set.

The first game took a while to figure out how to play it. But overall it seems to be a well balanced game.

And while there are MANY expansions (chapters), I really don't plan on getting any of them except the Martell and Greyjoy ones to allow me to play up to 6 players with my friends. Don't have the time to build decks or the friends who would be interested in doing the same.

The core set comes with all the cards to make 4 decks (Starks, Lannisters, Baratheon, Targs) And there an expansion for adding 2 more players. (Martells and Greyjoys)

Game is playable then for 2-6 players. And a game lasts about 2 hours.

Just look inside yourself and you'll see me waving up at you naked wearing only a cock ring.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:38 am
house bolton

Also now knowing about the Days of Ice & Fire Convention that they do... I might have to make the 4 hour trek to Minneapolis this April to attend. Be cool to meet any APOIAF forum people there.

Just look inside yourself and you'll see me waving up at you naked wearing only a cock ring.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:42 am
house micro-woody lord

I have been excited for this episode this you brought it up Amin, and I was glad to finally here it. Your guest definitely proved his fan credibility. And as a board game lover, this was right up my alley. Especially since I absolutely love this game.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 pm
Site Admin

I'm glad you all enjoyed it and thanks for the good comments on the site. I'm hoping this episode gets a lot of exposure.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:25 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Tom 162 wrote:

I was weirdly disappointed this didn't get bigger laughs.

"These wonderful narrations inspired me with strange feelings. Was man, indeed, at once so powerful, so virtuous and magnificent, yet so vicious and base? He appeared at one time a mere scion of the evil principle, and at another as all that can be conceived of noble and godlike."
—The Monster, from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:27 am
★wardens of the woody★

witless chum wrote:

Me too! I thought they'd double back and give it it's due, but it just got left out there.
Also, from Minnesota, a fan of Stannis and a fan of the boardgame, does anyone else think they might have actually been turned down by FF and just interviewed FTWard?

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:20 pm
house payne

ooh. conspiracy theory. we've all been duped, they faked the whole thing!

Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:45 pm
podcast doctor

Mordion wrote:
witless chum wrote:

Me too! I thought they'd double back and give it it's due, but it just got left out there.
Also, from Minnesota, a fan of Stannis and a fan of the boardgame, does anyone else think they might have actually been turned down by FF and just interviewed FTWard?

the FF guy didn't sound high enough to be FTWard. also there was no bitching about potatoes, poefights with inkasrain, or creepy comments about ashley.

so yeah, there's no way it was ftward. 8-)

Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:55 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I forgot about potatoes. There's no way FTWard could have sat through a chapter summary for a chapter with a feast in it and not talk about potatoes.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:05 pm
team stannis

linecom1 wrote:
Mordion wrote:
witless chum wrote:

the FF guy didn't sound high enough to be FTWard. also there was no bitching about potatoes, poefights with inkasrain, or creepy comments about ashley.

so yeah, there's no way it was ftward. 8-)

Have you ever seen the two of us together in the same place at the same time?

Spoiler: show

Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:00 am
Site Admin

Is this on iTunes yet?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:11 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody lord

Amin wrote:
Is this on iTunes yet?

Yeah, it has been since .... last weekend?

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:53 pm
Site Admin

IanOfWinterfell wrote:
Amin wrote:
Is this on iTunes yet?

Yeah, it has been since .... last weekend?

If you are subscribed directly to the RSS feed it works. But I don't see it listed on the list of episodes in the podcast website/section in iTunes.

Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:06 pm
Profile WWW
podcast historian

it seems to take a long time to get listed on my iPod - on iTunes it normally is a lot faster

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:52 am
Profile WWW
house tinywoody lord

this ep made this non-gamer want to buy the board game. I just need to convert or make some asoiaf fan friends to play it with :lol:

Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:28 pm
for my freckles, your grace

I posted this episode in a community about board gaming on Google+ and this was one of the responses I got.

"I am not a fan of this game at all. I only play it with strangers since I have seen this particular game break up freindships. "

Woah! This game sounds epic.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:53 am
Site Admin

Kyle wrote:
I posted this episode in a community about board gaming on Google+ and this was one of the responses I got.

"I am not a fan of this game at all. I only play it with strangers since I have seen this particular game break up freindships. "

:lol:

Nice work on the advertising.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:37 pm
Profile WWW
team blacksmith

Amin wrote:
Kyle wrote:

:lol:

Nice work on the advertising.

I should get the game for my sister; she's ruthless at Settlers of Catan. (Incidentally, I now loathe Settlers of Catan.)

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:56 pm
house manwoody lord

My game group meets weekly but sadly we don't play AGoT often enough - lately we play a lot of 7 Wonders, Dominion, or Dungeon Lords if we only have 4 players; 'Thrones runs pretty long and we all have to work the next day... But it is a great game; you just have to make sure you start playing early enough, or be willing to suffer the next morning.

Great interview; I doubt any other interviewer would have gone as in-depth, but the podcast has the right audience to support that. Much appreciated!

Thanks for bringing up the warped game-board issue - mine has this problem too, and I wasn't aware FFG was sending out free replacements until I heard this 'cast! Good on them. I'll be getting in touch with them about that in the near future.

PS. Catan is the gateway drug of boardgames - beware!

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:04 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

I have a game set up with my friends for this weekend! I 've been struggling to get a game going since july or august, but i'm really excited for it. So much fun! And a very good episode, I really appreciated al lthe in depth stuff Amin!

Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:29 pm
Site Admin

As for things this episode was the first to get news on: the new 4 player Print on Demand expansion that will be revealed at Days of Ice and Fire. That was one of the "keep reading" moments in this interview. If I recall correctly, there was a similar answer in terms of an online version, we'll see if that surfaces in the future :ugeek:

Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:51 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next