View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
Episode 101 - Valar Dohaeris 
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

Good stuff so far. Thanks for releasing it early, Amin. :D

"At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realise that that is not in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely, happy in the knowledge that it has helped you on your way."

Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:48 pm
house yronwoody lord

Overall I liked it. Hoping they haven't COMPLETLY removed Belwas.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:10 pm
house smallwoody mongoballer

Great episode you guys seemed to cover everything. I'd have to agree with Kyle about recaps before an episode spoiling a reveal in an episode. This happened to me a couple weeks ago on the walking dead. After an episode there was the preview of next week where Michonne, Rick, and Carl go off in search of guns and it shows a guy on roof with a full helmet covering his face and holding a rifle and I wondered who it would be. Then during the recap of the episode a week later it showed a scene from season 1 of Rick on a hill talking into the walkie talkie and then I immediately knew that Morgan would be back in that episode and was likely the guy on the roof. So that recap did ruin that reveal for me but I still enjoyed the episode despite that. Even though I have read the comics the series differs greatly so it's not like I was expecting Morgan to be back in that way.
I think the rage of thrones guys were mocking book people who freak out on TV watchers. I don't think he was actually portraying his actual reactions and opinions.
I haven't seen this college humor video that Ashley mentioned, could someone please provide a link for my lazy ass?

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:18 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Qyburn went with Jaime to King's Landing when Roose was delivering him to Tywin. Though this journey was interrupted by Jaime deciding to turn around and save a certain maiden from a bear. I'm pretty sure that Cersei and Qyburn's initial interaction occurred right at the beginning of A Feast for Crows when he was just chilling in the court during the trial.

Speaking of Brienne, who's going to throw her in the pit if Vargo "Thapphireth" Hoat has been axed?

Fantasy Football Team: The Gay Abandon

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:45 pm
house payne

Nice and concise. I like the format of character recaps instead of scene by scene replays.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:58 pm
team stannis

Does anyone have a link to screen caps of Tywin's letter? He does not know that Jaime is free yet does he? I thought the letter referenced a hunt and this followed Roose's comments about sending hunters after Jaime.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:13 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Here you go, looks like nonsense to me, as Amin said.

Spoiler: show

Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:30 pm
house stark

Ok awesome a hockey analogy. They don't wear hats so we can't tell who the characters are on screen...

FF: Growing Strong

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:08 pm
house bolton

Alias wrote:
Qyburn went with Jaime to King's Landing when Roose was delivering him to Tywin. Though this journey was interrupted by Jaime deciding to turn around and save a certain maiden from a bear. I'm pretty sure that Cersei and Qyburn's initial interaction occurred right at the beginning of A Feast for Crows when he was just chilling in the court during the trial.

Speaking of Brienne, who's going to throw her in the pit if Vargo "Thapphireth" Hoat has been axed?

They are adding a character called Locke this season. He is a Bolton Bannerman played by Noah Taylor. So my guess is that he will be the one to cut off Jaime's hand and be the guy who throws Brienne in the pit.

Just look inside yourself and you'll see me waving up at you naked wearing only a cock ring.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:34 am
★wardens of the woody★

Great episode - I really like discussing each character's ark through the episode rather than slavishly looking at each scene.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:42 am
house bolton

Bina007 wrote:
Great episode - I really like discussing each character's ark through the episode rather than slavishly looking at each scene.

Agreed!!!

Just look inside yourself and you'll see me waving up at you naked wearing only a cock ring.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:43 pm
house smallwoody lord

Ashley -loved your Robinhood: Prince of Thieves reference, lol...cracked me up.

I so love the epsiodes after the Tv show, as NONE of my freinds watch it...well one des, but not until the dvd is out, so she just watched seaosn 2.....so I have no one to talk about it with(well on here I can, but reading is different than sitting at work and listening to people discuss the show, lol)...so nice to hear a discussion about it.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:23 pm
house smallwoody

Ashley's podcast rage scared me on my drive. :(

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:19 pm
house smallwoody

Great episode though...really looking forward to the Jon and Robb story lines this year on screen

Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:25 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Good stuff thanks for getting it out quickly.

I agree with Dr H Lecter re. preshow recaps. Also with those who said the new format that covers character arcs works well.

Also This:
Slew wrote:

Alan Rickman's Nottingham was my first movie star fantasy crush, which I think is very telling because I was like 8 and my friends all liked NKOTB.

Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:37 pm
house tinywoody lord

Ashleys "bring a friend" quip along with her "i'm recording a podcast" yell of rage made her this episodes star, great stuff.

Pre show recaps and worse end of show previews are never needed and can on occasions ruin a brilliant peice of suspence any one know why shows have them, I love walking dead but they seem guilty of this, as Dr.H.Lecter says, in a trailer for seson 3 they revealed merle was making a comeback, why do this and make it less of a shock while we watch the show.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:19 am
mrs. sandor clegane

*head desk*
I can't believe Amin left that in. i even took my head set off and held it at arms length to do that. :oops:

oh, here's the collage humour vid.

i love that they're book fans. :mrgreen:

Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:04 am
★wardens of the woody★

That video is amazing.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:24 am
mrs. sandor clegane

i'm just going to leave this here...

because direwolves are for pussys

Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:57 am
podcast historian

So Putin is the true Giantsbane? Husband to bears?!

Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:46 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Great video, funny how Robb's new elite force almost matches our KG in ep 98 :mrgreen:

Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:08 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody☹

podcast 101...Y U so short?! :cry: I still had another 25 min left of my commute. Was forced to interact with people.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:14 pm

It's not like there haven't been ~1 hour tv review episodes before. Plus, when they are tweaking the format things are bound to be changing...

"At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realise that that is not in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely, happy in the knowledge that it has helped you on your way."

Last edited by gsdg on Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:21 pm
mrs. sandor clegane

because now you're guaranteed one every week :D

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:39 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Ashley wrote:
because now you're guaranteed one every week :D

touché. Also Putin/Bolton! They're the same person!!!!!!

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:43 pm
house micro-woody☹

i was just kidding, definetly don't mind the shorter format. just wasn't used to it that is all lol

Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:53 pm
for my freckles, your grace

CorkyRogers wrote:
i was just kidding, definetly don't mind the shorter format. just wasn't used to it that is all lol

CorkyRogers wrote:
podcast 101...Y U so short?! :cry: I still had another 25 min left of my commute. Was forced to interact with people.

Haha. Sorry we made you talk to people. I hope you asked them about Game of Thrones.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:30 pm
house smallwoody lord

Lady_Grey wrote:

Also This:
Slew wrote:

Alan Rickman's Nottingham was my first movie star fantasy crush, which I think is very telling because I was like 8 and my friends all liked NKOTB.

He's NOW my reason for liking that movie, back when I was 9 or 10 it was for Christian Slater(still better than NKOTB, always hated them)....I liked Micheal Wincott also....lol.

Wonder if there will ever be a day I watch it for Kevin Costner, I hope not, lol!

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:51 pm

So I guess either someone in House Manwoody or elsewhere in the fandom noticed the Bolton/Putin similarity as well:

Sun May 12, 2013 2:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]