View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Ice and Fire Convention 2014 - Ravenwood Castle 
Site Admin

Well I am pretty much set to confirm attendance for this one. I think Ashley is hoping to attend as well, haven't heard final confirmation yet. Hoping Kyle and Mimi can attend this time, but that will be up to their personal schedules and availability. [edit, looks like they won't be making it for 2014]

For people would like to attend who didn't this past year, tickets and room bookings open on August 1st. Mark that in your calendars because I'm sure it will fill up quickly and you really should buy and book on Aug 1st if you plan to attend - http:\\iceandfirecon.com
[edit, it is all booked up now, you can sign up for waiting list and a spot may open, still plenty of time for upgrades on the waiting list]

Threads about our attendance at the 2013 convention:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1887
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2209

Confirmed guest list from our community (let me know if I'm missing anyone)
Amin
Ashley
Alex from Tower of the Hand
FTWard
Mordion
Claudiusthefool
Asha Greatjoy
barrelroll42
jazzimen08

Thu May 30, 2013 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

I'm definitely trying to go this year! Can't wait

Thu May 30, 2013 6:53 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Marked in the calendar!

Slàinte,
Nadine.

If you piss me off I may be forced to kill you... in my book.
https://www.demonality.org/

Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:14 am
Profile YIM WWW
mrs. sandor clegane

yes I'll be there, and again I want to reemphasize the very limited tickets available. You need a room to go, so you'll need to work out some shares.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:44 am
team stannis

Maybe not the right place to ask but -
You buy a ticket first and then book a room. There are more tickets than rooms? So when we buy a ticket we will not know if we can get a room.
Is that a correct reading?
Will the rooms all be gone to 2013 attendees before they are open to Aug 1 purchases?

Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:01 am
Site Admin

FTWard wrote:
Maybe not the right place to ask but -
You buy a ticket first and then book a room. There are more tickets than rooms? So when we buy a ticket we will not know if we can get a room.
Is that a correct reading?
Will the rooms all be gone to 2013 attendees before they are open to Aug 1 purchases?

Info from Tara:

The tickets will work a bit different for new attendees because they will be buying them through our website - so when they buy the ticket, their confirmation/receipt email will have the booking code in it. That email will be sent automatically so as soon as they receive it they will be able to call Ravenwood and book a room :)

Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

If you are attending and/or are looking for roommates, let everyone know here.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:40 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

I couldn't find any rooms and that was a week ago :(

Slàinte,
Nadine.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:46 am
Profile YIM WWW
★wardens of the woody★

I've got the King Arthur suite, which has a (currently unoccupied) fold out sofa, another regular sofa, and a good bit of floor space in a pinch.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:31 pm
Site Admin

Erinyes wrote:

Did you buy a ticket?

Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:58 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Amin wrote:
Erinyes wrote:

Did you buy a ticket?

Without a place to stay I made the call to not get a ticket, I have never been to a con of any description, in the UK, the festivals usually have access to camping of some sort in case hotel space runs out but as far as I could see from the Ravenwood site that wasn't an option and as I was going to be making a fair trek already I wasn't interested in finding myself stranded without a place to sleep.

It was a nice idea but I think Ice and Fire Con might just be a con too far for me, and I'll stick to more local events.

Slàinte,
Nadine.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:12 pm
Profile YIM WWW
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

I booked the Shakespeare Suite. It looks like it can fit at least 2-3 people comfortably. So I am looking to share with a few people from the podcast/forums before I open it up to the general attendees. So please let me know if you have bought a ticket (which are now sold out) if you are looking for a room.

I'll also be driving from Long Island, NY to the convention so if anyone is along the way (in a reasonable distance from the route) let me know. I know it's early, but I want to get an idea for roommates early if possible so I don't have to worry later.

Feel free to respond here or email me at claudiusthefool@gmail.com. Thanks!

House Words: "I'm in as long as I don't have to edit."

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:23 pm
Site Admin

Looks like the tickets are completely sold out and they are planning to set up a waiting list.

However, perhaps Mimi and Kyle may still able to attend as they would be panelists, at the least one of them, if they talk to Tara. We also have space in our room if necessary, collectively House Manwoody host and listeners have booked 3 spaces: my cabin plus claudius and mordion's places.

Right now there are 3 beds in my place, taken by FTWard, Alex, and myself. However, we could potentially put Mimi in there and then shift FTWard or Alex over to one of the other House Manwoody locations. Or Mimi could go in one of the other House Manwoody rooms, just saying we have room for Mimi accommodation wise with a guaranteed bed, just haven't heard from her if she is in touch with Tara over tickets yet.

Since Kyle can't commit until closer to convention time, that is more of an issue. I still think we could fit him in location wise if he does (just on an air mattress or with a sleeping bag rather than a guarnteed bed) but I don't know how that will go given the high demand to attend this year.

Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:35 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Does anyone remember anyone else who talked about going on the forums or in the chatbox? LMB seemed pretty interested, but I don't know whether he actually went for it or not.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:32 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

i emailed tara, hopefully it's not too late. i was sort of on the fence recently, considering the work projects that are cropping up next spring, but i feel like i would regret it if i didn't even attempt to secure a ticket.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:34 am
Profile WWW
team stannis

I would sleep on the floor for Mimi and roshambo Kyle for the bed if needs be.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:20 am
★wardens of the woody★

Mordion wrote:
Does anyone remember anyone else who talked about going on the forums or in the chatbox? LMB seemed pretty interested, but I don't know whether he actually went for it or not.

I worked pretty hard to make it happen, but the timing conflicts with my exams. I would have had to move them early, come home from school (in Maine to Philadelphia) early, then immediately hop in the car and drive to Ohio (alone) unless I could bully a friend into going with me, which I just didn't quite manage to pull off. Hopefully I'll be there in 2015. Have fun!!!!

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:25 am
Site Admin

mimi wrote:
i emailed tara, hopefully it's not too late. i was sort of on the fence recently, considering the work projects that are cropping up next spring, but i feel like i would regret it if i didn't even attempt to secure a ticket.

Awesome :feathered: Was hoping you would see this post here, not sure if you get my hoard of backlogged emails sometimes ;)

Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

i've stopped checking my email out of sheer amin-induced guilt ;_____;

Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:55 pm
Profile WWW
night's watch

So is there any way to still actually get into this thing?

Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:03 pm
Site Admin

anacardo wrote:
So is there any way to still actually get into this thing?

Need to email the coordinators (go to the website) and see if you can get on a waitlist for a ticket. If you are absolutely serious about attending, odds are somebody will have to drop their ticket over the year before May 2014.

Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
night's watch

Will do. I lead a pretty low-commitment lifestyle, and Ashley made this thing sound like multiple blasts and a half, so I am very keen to go this next year.

I gives a fuck about sleeping on the ground or whatever, and am prepared to offer, though not absolutely guarantee, a really sick Beric Dondarrion cosplay offering.

Black and purple cloak, eyepatch, multiple bandaged wounds, red beard, drop down to 140 lbs for maxx gauntness (I'm 5' 11"), the works. Won't even rule out the flaming sword.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:15 am
Site Admin

mimi wrote:
i've stopped checking my email out of sheer amin-induced guilt ;_____;

:o Sorry for the email flood, feel free to review them at your own pace. Just review them at some point as there is some important information in there. :geek:

Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:41 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

As an update, they are still taking names for a waiting list for this event. If anyone really wanted to attend but didn't get a ticket, it is worth signing up for the waitlist in case a spot opens or they expand the numbers they can take.

Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:18 am
Profile WWW
team stannis

So it's Halloween time and I had been playing around with the idea of wearing a costume (I won't insult anyone by saying cosplaying) for one night at the ice and fire con.

My original idea was Ser Pounce. I wasn't sure if "serious" cosplayers would find that offensive - that I was not taking things "seriously".

Anyway I think I have something else in mind now but would like to hear from other people that are attending what their plans/thoughts are.

Can I wear Chuck Taylors and shorts under my costume? I don't know!

Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:20 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I haven't really done much cosplay myself either, but the Ice and Fire Con people seem pretty cool, I have a hard time imagining it would offend anyone to go as Ser Pounce. I'm planning to do some cosplay at the Con, but it's still early days, not sure what I can get my beard and mustache to do. ;)

Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:21 am
team stannis

Mordion wrote:
not sure what I can get my beard and mustache to do. ;)

I mayhaps need a Queen Selyse :)

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:44 am
★wardens of the woody★

FTWard wrote:
I mayhaps need a Queen Selyse :)

You say that now, but the first redhead who thinks you're the messiah and we both know you'll ditch me.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:48 pm
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

I've never cosplayed and I didn't think I would for Ice and Fire Con, but after a few beers I shouldn't be up tight. My brother has all this ren-fair stuff from when he was younger, mail, helmets (a replica Braveheart Sword), but I haven't raided his supplies yet. Good idea to see if anyone else from the Podcast is gonna cosplay. I'm still on the fence.

Plus I can just imagine getting pulled over by the cops somewhere in the backwoods of Ohio with a four-foot bastard sword in the backseat.

House Words: "I'm in as long as I don't have to edit."

Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:04 pm
Site Admin

Well what began as a joking matter (staying after Ice and Fire con for a week to attend Anime North in Toronto) has now become a distinct possibility. I've met a cool listener who is willing to host me in Buffalo for most of the gap between the events, at which point I guess I could grab a bus or cheap flight to Toronto for Anime North. As a bonus, not only do they have GOT board game, but the 9 player custom version as well.

So the question is now potentially the day or two before the convention (~May 21-22) and the sunday night (May 25) of the last day if I don't catch a flight to the next day (I'll be staying in a hotel nearby for the 2 main nights): can I find a similar person or two to host me :D

Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:17 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next