View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Ice and Fire Convention 2014 - Ravenwood Castle 
team stannis

Friday Dinner & Saturday Lunch

Are people participating in these?
I was going to send in my emails as I assume getting off grounds for outside food is a hassle but wanted to check first.

Tue May 06, 2014 11:32 am
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

The Friday dinner is not included, right? Just the Saturday "feast" I think. Are we thinking of reserving a table for House Manwoody?

House Words: "I'm in as long as I don't have to edit."

Tue May 06, 2014 3:11 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Yeah, I'm also curious about what everyone's dining plans are. Also, I have the impression people occasionally take a break from drinking in the bar to drink out at the cabins, but as I'm staying in the castle I can't bring in outside alcohol. Would you cabin people mind doing some beer storage?

Tue May 06, 2014 3:52 pm
team stannis

claudiusthefool wrote:
The Friday dinner is not included, right? Just the Saturday "feast" I think. Are we thinking of reserving a table for House Manwoody?

That's how it appears... I am down.

Mordion wrote:
Would you cabin people mind doing some beer storage?

Depends on the brand :|

Tue May 06, 2014 4:07 pm
★wardens of the woody★

FTWard wrote:
claudiusthefool wrote:
Mordion wrote:
Would you cabin people mind doing some beer storage?

Depends on the brand :|

Anything you want from here: http://www.communitybeer.com/#!brew-crew/c1sb3 the second guy down is my brother.

Tue May 06, 2014 4:16 pm
team stannis

Fine with me. But clear it with Amin.

Tue May 06, 2014 4:23 pm
Site Admin

FTWard wrote:
Fine with me. But clear it with Amin.

We have room to store stuff, sure.

There are several big tables in there. You don't reserve them, just first come first serve to where people sit, I'm sure a lot of us will sit at the same table at times but everyone will get to know each other over the weekend pretty quickly.

They sell food at the castle, but there are not any other food places in walking distance from the castle, you would have to drive out a while, can check google maps now. Since we have a fridge in our cabin, I plan to stock up on deli sandwiches in Columbus on my way there Friday to eat at meal times that are not provided for on Friday/Saturday. Store bought snacks like chips, etc are more cost effective to bring yourself rather than buy at the castle, if they are even available there.

Tue May 06, 2014 5:23 pm
Profile WWW

Yeah I just realized that apparently the castle suites don't have fridges. I haven't stayed in a castle before, but that makes sense.

I know they have a bar there so I wasn't planning on bringing much. My brother brews his own mead (or honey wine if you prefer) and he gave me a bottle "of his finest vintage" that I planned on sharing when we get together. But other than that I don't have any special requests. I prefer beer over wine, but I'm not too particular.

Tue May 06, 2014 7:08 pm
house mormont

I am new to the forum, but I went to the con last year and had a great time. Can't wait for this year. Also, I am staying in a cabin down at the base of the hill, but don't mind storing any beer there. Just let me know.

Wed May 07, 2014 8:59 am
team stannis

Mordion wrote:
Anything you want from here: http://www.communitybeer.com/#!brew-crew/c1sb3 the second guy down is my brother.

Looks like good stuff.

Ascension Coffee Porter
Publi​c Ale
Witbier ​

All interest me greatly.

I ordered Friday dinner and Saturday lunch.
It has been pointed out that as the One True King of Westeros that I will likely be seated above the salt at the High Table (no one would ever snub Stannis :oops: ). But if I am forced to sit amongst the smallfolk please save some book soup for me :roll:

Wed May 07, 2014 11:21 am
★wardens of the woody★

I ordered Friday night dinner, I'm not sure whether I'll be above or below the salt…likely whichever is closest to the food.

I'm don't know if they actually bottled the coffee porter, but I'll definitely be bringing some of the public ale and witbier along.

Wed May 07, 2014 2:52 pm

That Vienna Lager looks good to me. I'm not a fan of IPA usually, but I'd go for the lager if you wanted to bring some. I'll pitch in for it.

Wed May 07, 2014 4:07 pm
★wardens of the woody★

claudiusthefool wrote:
That Vienna Lager looks good to me. I'm not a fan of IPA usually, but I'd go for the lager if you wanted to bring some. I'll pitch in for it.

I'm not going to pay for anything exactly, I'll be bringing cast off bottles mostly, ones that were filled an ounce low or "didn't foam correctly upon capping" (I don't know what that means), and some otherwise salable bottles if they don't have enough low fills.

Wed May 07, 2014 11:39 pm

Just letting everyone know that the t-shirts have shipped and are expected to arrive here on Tuesday.

Fri May 09, 2014 6:38 pm
Site Admin

I heard that 2 more cancellations potentially happening, so a chance for someone to join the convention group almost at the last minute here.

Last post here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3134

Sat May 10, 2014 5:03 pm
Profile WWW
☑ guest host ♘

Yeah, per Amin's previous post we've actually had 4 last minute emergency cancellations...including one person who had a room at Ravenwood. Right now we've got the room and two tickets combined into a package but we still have the two additional tickets on top of that and can sell them separately or add them to the package. Here is the info we've been posting on our website/social media:

Due to a last minute cancellation by someone who was supposed to stay on property, we have an Ice & Fire Con 2014 PACKAGE available for purchase!

This package is $550 and includes Friday & Saturday night accommodations in the Cinderella Coach House; admission for TWO people to Ice & Fire Con for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; convention themed gifts; breakfast Saturday & Sunday mornings; and our Saturday night feast. All applicable hotel taxes and fees are included; however you will have to provide your own credit or debit card for incidentals upon check in.

*Please also note that we have additional tickets available as well and can add those on by request if you contact us at iceandfirecon@gmail.com *

Package can be purchased at: http://iceandfirecon.com/index.php/registration

Tue May 13, 2014 1:21 pm
Profile WWW

I just read the history of Ravenwood Castle on their website and apparently we are going to Greywater Watch:

In June of 2012, Ravenwood Castle was purchased by the Reeds, who had been frequent guests at the Castle over the years.

Tue May 13, 2014 7:46 pm
☑ guest host ♘

claudiusthefool wrote:
I just read the history of Ravenwood Castle on their website and apparently we are going to Greywater Watch:

In June of 2012, Ravenwood Castle was purchased by the Reeds, who had been frequent guests at the Castle over the years.

We've also joked with Jim (the owner, who is also an ASOIAF/GoT fan by the way!) that we're going to change the name to Raventree ;)

Wed May 14, 2014 7:33 am
Profile WWW

Just a last minute check if we are going to be planning anything ahead of time as to meetups or we just playing it by ear once we're all there. I'm sure there's not gonna be a APOIAF designated area or anything, but just seeing if there was anything in the works.

I'll probably be getting to Ravenwood around 4-5PM if I can manage to actually leave by 4AM to beat the NYC traffic.

Thu May 15, 2014 5:30 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I should be there pretty early, certainly by 2pm, assuming I at least make Louisville by tonight.

Thu May 15, 2014 6:15 pm
team stannis

I'm 2 1/2 hours away or so. Hitting IHOP in the AM and maybe looking for an early Godzilla showing somewhere in between here and there.

Thu May 15, 2014 10:41 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Made it to Cincinnati, probably shooting for a 1pm ish arrival at Ravenswood.

Fri May 16, 2014 12:18 am

I'm leaving NY in about a half hour. If all goes well I'll be there in 10-11 hours. See you all there.

Fri May 16, 2014 1:26 am
Site Admin

BTW I got like 1 hour of sleep last night that, I might be napping for a big chunk of the afternoon there if you don't see me :)

Fri May 16, 2014 6:09 am
Profile WWW

Yea I managed 3 hours. I'm at a rest stop now and was gonna nap but I'm just gonna get to ravenwood and nap there. I can't wait to get out of this freaking car!

Fri May 16, 2014 11:44 am

I DEMAND PICTURES!!

Thu May 22, 2014 3:21 pm
★wardens of the woody★

fortytwo wrote:
I DEMAND PICTURES!!

I don't think any of us took a ton of pictures, I know Amin has a group shot of all of us, otherwise we're mostly in the background of other people's photos. I am too stupid/not at a real computer to resize any photos, but here's a link to my favorite me-as-Illyrio pic.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31.0-8/10368995_252005014986822_5679892604963354021_o.jpg

Thu May 22, 2014 4:10 pm

I've got our group photo and a few others. I think Amin has some more. I'm sure he'll put them up and give us a link to them.

I completely forgot to take a ton of pictures but at least we've got our group photo with the t shirts.

Thu May 22, 2014 4:48 pm
Site Admin

I have to sort through the photos yes, after Anime North I will get around to doing that. For now, here's a photo of the hosts and some of our listeners :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

Thu May 22, 2014 8:40 pm
Profile WWW
team stannis

Stannis I, claudiusthefool, Lord Dagos Manwoody, Illyrio Mopatis, Alex O'Hand, The Queen in the North

Thu May 22, 2014 10:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next