View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Episode 111: The Rains of Castamere 
house micro-woody☹

Amin wrote:
Pod's Plight wrote:
Kristofer Hivju (34) is only 8 years older that Rose Leslie (26). I would be on board for big brother, or maybe cousin, but not father.

It's not how old they are, it's how old they look and what age they are supposed to be playing. He looks old enough to be it given Tormund's young age actions :feathered: but regardless yeah that would still fit some sort of blood relation.

Some statistics on episode 111 downloads. In the past 23 hours since release, there has been 450 manual downloads off the website. Majority of users use Chrome, then Safari and Firefox with close numbers, with IE trailing quite a bit. ~200 from US, 50 from Canada, 14 from Brazil, 28 UK, 22 Germany, 7 Finland, 10 Australia and a few others.

Amin I think you are close with the Tormund/Ygritte show theory...but instead direct blood relations (Father/Uncle/Brother)...i think they might have merged Tormund with Longspear Ryk...who was from the same village of Ygritte (and I think had red hair too), so was basically family to Ygritte.

I think it would've been a smart move for the show. D&D could cut characters without cutting plot...the only character development we have of Longspear Ryk is 1) he was from Ygrittte's hometown 2) He stole Tormund's daughter for a spear wife and 3) He was called longspear but he never carried a spear :feathered:

Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:04 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Yeah that more along my thoughts too, family but not father. We'd know if he was the dad, not if he was the uncle or neighbor or godfather or something

Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:20 am
house micro-woody☹

Hi, kind of new to the podcast and I'm listening on the episodes in reverse.

Realise that this is a bit late, but I had to speak up regarding "How would win in a fight" from this episode.

No question Baristan. He's got the experience that the Greyworm and Dario lack. He's realistic and not over confident.
He acually threat a couple of kingsgards when he is stripped of the white cloak, and no one dares to do anything about it. He is a bad ass and would beat the crap out of both Dario and Grey Worm... And of course Jorah, but thta's not even a discussion.

In the bedroom? Of course Dario. Just the name... C'mon. That's what he does best probably and the other tree guys aren't really a competition.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3