View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Podcast Hosts Visiting Europe, North America, etc 
Site Admin

Ser Patrick the Tall wrote:
come to Copenhagen in denmark and party Ironborn style! we have room and would be more than happy to show you around. Besides, I don't think you will find anyone more consumed by the series than me in Denmark. Not in a creepy way though ;)

Add it to the file above :)

Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:40 am
Profile WWW
house yronwoody

Totally down for a 'Cockneymoot', also may be in Copenhagen, if that's on the cards too.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:29 pm
house blackwoody lord

what time frame are we looking at? I'll be living in 3 different places in the next 12 months and I'd be happy to have you guys stay at any of them = P do I just add all of them?

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:02 am
Site Admin

Scilens wrote:
what time frame are we looking at? I'll be living in 3 different places in the next 12 months and I'd be happy to have you guys stay at any of them = P do I just add all of them?

Sure, just include the rough dates you'll be at each :)

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:42 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Imogen.OB wrote:
Totally down for a 'Cockneymoot', also may be in Copenhagen, if that's on the cards too.

Are you in London right now? You should check in with our Manwoody branch there for the recurring social events they have 8-)

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:43 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Any visitors to London and the general area should definitely PM me, Erinyes or Jed O'White Hart - we're always up for spontaneous visits to the pub.

Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:49 am
★wardens of the woody★

Bina007 wrote:
Any visitors to London and the general area should definitely PM me, Erinyes or Jed O'White Hart - we're always up for spontaneous visits to the pub.

We need very little motivation to visit a pub...

Slàinte,
Nadine.

If you piss me off I may be forced to kill you... in my book.
https://www.demonality.org/

Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
house blackwoody lord

alright, I added my homes ^^
if any hosts or fellow listeners ever want to stay at my place or just meet up and hang out, get in touch = D

Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:17 pm
Site Admin

Anyone in San Diego who could host me for this year's Comic-Con? :ugeek:

Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:28 pm
Profile WWW
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

deleted

“The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.”

"I'll put something on just for you Patrick" Anonymous Podcast Host

Last edited by Ser Patrick the Tall on Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:44 am

Quote:
We need very little motivation to visit a pub...

I shall be happy to provide you guys with an excuse next time I'm in London

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:49 am

Erinyes wrote:
Ser Patrick the Tall wrote:
come to Copenhagen in denmark and party Ironborn style! we have room and would be more than happy to show you around. Besides, I don't think you will find anyone more consumed by the series than me in Denmark. Not in a creepy way though ;)

LOL - is there any way other than the creepy way?

Okay... Maybe not, but don't tell Amin okay?! ;)

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:34 am
brotherhood without banners

The hosts should definitely visit Belgium and Brussels in particular.

Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:08 am
Site Admin

Well it has been a while since we first posted about this but I may be visiting the UK (including Scotland), possibly parts of Western Europe this summer. Anyone still around?

Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:25 pm
Profile WWW
house blackwoody lord

there's quite a lot of us in/around London, so we should definitely have a moot when you're here = ) Glen and Jock are up in Scotland

Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:40 am
Site Admin

I will make an individual thread once I have the dates settled, looks like either end of June or end of July.

Looking like I will be in London initially and then going up to Edinburgh.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:50 am
Profile WWW
house blackwoody lord

Amin wrote:
I will make an individual thread once I have the dates settled, looks like either end of June or end of July.

Looking like I will be in London initially and then going up to Edinburgh.

Tanja and Michal know Edinburgh for cheap eats and so forth. If its for a holiday. Staying in sterling might be better within an hour of Glasgow, Edinburgh and Perth plus it has all the historic sites Wallace's monument, Bannockburn and sterling castle.

My core values:
Reading.
Riting.
Rithmetic.
Purging society of degenerates.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:46 am
house blackwoody lord

I don't know Edinburgh but I know a lot about glasgow.

Firstly the kind honest and purely brilliant Glen lives there (reason enough to visit)

food:

Bibi's Cantina A bit out of the way, in Partick, Bibi's serves wholesome meals at reasonable prices.

Bread Meats Bread Great burgers. Some say best in Glasgow. There's also a City Centre location.

The Finnieston - Taking pride in their Scottish seafood and award winning cocktails, The Finnieston Bar and Restaurant is worth a visit.

The Hug and Pint - Described by The Herald as one of the best restaurants in Scotland, the vegan food here is great. Family friendly with a venue downstairs for gigs

Ox and Finch - Relaxed dining in a trendy venue. Continually voted one of Glasgow's best restaurants.

Stravaigin - Gourmet concoctions from wild ingredients like grey squirrel, hedgerow herbs and sea urchins. There's an attached pub serving similar food.

Tantrum Doughnuts - but still worth a visit. Handmade doughnuts and milkshakes.

Ubiquitous Chip - One of Glasgow's most well known restaurants. You pay a bit extra for the experience, but the food is good. Worth a visit.

Brutti Compadres - Brilliant wee tapas place, a mixture of Italian, Spanish and Scottish food. Sort of industrial inside, but a great place and kinda hidden.

Cafe Gandolfi - Fresh locally sourced ingredients in this Scottish restaurant. Don't miss the seafood here.

sights:

transport museum (fucking love this place) - Glasgow's transport museum. Learn about the history of transport in Glasgow and see vintage vehicles beside their modern counterparts.

Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum (one of my favourite places in scotland) - With free entry, frequently changing exhibitions and next to a huge park, there's really no excuse not to visit Kelvingrove.

Glasgow Science Centre - With a planetarium and loads of exhibits, the Science Centre is a great family day out.

Hunterian Museum - Scotland's oldest public museum exhibits displays of archaeology, palaeontology, geology and zoology, among others. There is a permanent display based around the life of Lord Kelvin, Glasgow's most famous scientist.

Scotland Street School Museum - Originally a school designed by Mackintosh, this museum explores education in Scotland from the 19th century to today.

Provand's Lordship House Museum - Built in 1471, this is the oldest house in Glasgow. Furnished with 17th century furniture, you can get a flavour of what it was like to live in medieval Glasgow.

Glasgow Central Station Tour - Travel to underneath the modern station to experience the original Victorian subterranean sprawl

Council Tour - Visit and tour the headquarters of Glasgow City Council in their magnificent listed building. Tours are free and run on weekdays.

Necropolis - A Victorian garden cemetery full of wonderful architecture and sculptures. They offer walking tours but it's recommended just to take an afternoon to explore. Great views of the city from the top of the hill.

I love glasgow and certainly suggest it. up here there isn't all that much save Inverness and distillery tour with some castles although it is allegedly the most beautiful part of the world there is limited to see and you need transport it's also a of a desolate wasteland where it's 40 miles beetween places so great to live not so good for a visit (save Inverness which is also fantastic)

My core values:
Reading.
Riting.
Rithmetic.
Purging society of degenerates.

Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:45 pm
Site Admin

Anyone want to do an Edinburgh meetup evening of Sunday July 29?

Anyone want to do a meetup in London area on the weekend of Aug 4-5?

Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:20 am
Profile WWW
house blackwoody lord

YES! preferably Aug 5th

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2