View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Guys Night Out/Girls Night Out Poll & Feedback 

Which "night out" episode did you enjoy more?
Guys Night Out (7.5 Manwoody) 59%  59%  [ 27 ]
Girls Night Out (18 breasts) 41%  41%  [ 19 ]
Total votes : 46

Guys Night Out/Girls Night Out Poll & Feedback 
Site Admin

Hey. Mimi and I thought it would be cool to get some of your feedback on these themed shows. What you liked and didn't like, beyond the poll result. In case we every do a 3rd version, a long time in the future :mrgreen:

Tue May 03, 2011 1:07 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Hello Amin and Mimi,

I haven't yet been able to give Girl's Night Out, the proper hearing, because of the obsessive news watching, but I have listened to Guys Night Out a few times (I don't know if I should be embarrassed about that or what...but anyone!)

Guys Night Out:

1. The intro was really great with all the guys doing faux-readings of famous lines from the books.
2. The clips at the beginning were pretty funny, previewing what was to come, made me want to keep on listening. So kudos to whoever edited this particular podcast, a really great job.
3. I think those two things really made the podcast flow really well, I was pretty shocked when I looked back on it and realized the podcast was 3 hours, it really flew by.
4. The video game stuff was boring to me, but I don't play video games, so that's probably just me.
5. The line up of guests was great, the right number of people, it was easy to follow who was talking, people weren't talking over each other, etc.
6. The Scottish guy thing was kinda hokey, he disappeared right after the introduction, though...was like..huh?
7. I thought the topics were great and iconic. Badasses, Masterminds, and Girls to marry, fuck, throw off a cliff.
8. Overall, this was my favorite podcast that has been done, so far. (caveat that I have not really gotten a chance to sit down and listen to Girls Night Out, yet)

So Kudos to you Amin for, I am assuming, organizing the best podcast of Ice and Fire, thus far!

(I'll just edit this post when I get a chance to listen to Girls NIght Out with my thoughts and then vote in the poll.)

Girl's Night Out

1. Thank you for bringing up the NYTIMES faux-review, way to represent ladies.
2. This podcast was less structured, it had the feeling of more of an actual 'Girl's Night Out.' The guys podcast was really structured, there was an agenda to adhere to!
3. It was a bit confusing at the beginning to be able to tell everyone apart, 9 people talking is a lot to take in.
4. HONEY BADGER!!
5. Wish it was longer, too bad getting everyone together happened before airing of new episode.
6. Great to hear Ashley II.
7. No offense to Christina, but kinda zoned out about the primogeniture conversation, but that's because I don't really care about who is going to end up on the Iron Throne, the 'video game' discussion moment of the podcast for me.
8. The whole reaction to Jaime's balls was pretty :lol: .

But going to have to give it to Amin's Guy's Night Out. Just really dug the whole flavor of the podcast with the structure, particularly how it was edited with the readings, etc.

"Don't read him as children do, for amusement, nor as the ambitious do, to be instructed. No, read him in order to live." - Flaubert

Last edited by Poe to the Pulps on Tue May 03, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:53 am
fantasy manwoody champion

I don't like this question. Are mom and dad splitting up?

Tue May 03, 2011 3:17 pm
house blackwoody lord

Yes, but don;t worry Mom will be living with your maternal uncle now and you'll have plenty of brothers and sisters to look forward to with the same color of hair :lol:

Tue May 03, 2011 3:20 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I enjoy the 'night out' podcasts a lot, I like the branching out into other topics (videgames) and all of the favorite <blank> of the series, or character you're most like, that sort of thing. I like the way Amin organizes and runs the guy's night out, having a loose structure around the crazy is nice.

I like that you go out and get old guest hosts and other people but there are usually a few too many people for me to be able to distinguish one from another. I've got most of the regulars down, (except Ashley, who for some reason I can't seem to distinguish from other female American guest hosts) but any more than one guest host who isn't from Sweden or pretending to be from Scotland and I start to lose track. That said, I don't really mind too much since it's not usually hugely important who said what.

Tue May 03, 2011 4:24 pm
house bolton

I'm sorry ladies but I voted for Guys Night Out, at twice the length it wins out I'm afraid. C'mon, everyone knows size DOES matter. Loved 'em both though I should say.

"No tales were ever told of me. Do you think I would be sitting here if it were otherwise? Your amusements are your own, I will not chide you on that count, but you must be more discreet. A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule. Make it yours."

Tue May 03, 2011 6:21 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for the feedback so far, it is very helpful

And don't worry, this is meant to be a friendly topic.

The 'scottish guy' was Fabio from Winter is Coming, that was his House Gatewatch accent, apparently :lol:

Tue May 03, 2011 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mordion wrote:
(except Ashley, who for some reason I can't seem to distinguish from other female American guest hosts)

at some point during podcasting, ashley mentioned that sometimes she gets confused when she hears nancy, and thinks it's herself.

i also found, during girls' night, that kelsey sounded somewhat like ashley 2. they both have the voices of angels.

Tue May 03, 2011 6:30 pm
Profile WWW
house yronwoody lord

Is the voice talking wistfully about the Hound?

Yes: Ashley
No: Not Ashley

Tue May 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Tom wrote:
Is the voice talking wistfully about the Hound?

Yes: Ashley
No: Not Ashley

Yep. There's a true listener.

Tue May 03, 2011 7:16 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I always thought that Linda and Christina have similar voices.

"Don't read him as children do, for amusement, nor as the ambitious do, to be instructed. No, read him in order to live." - Flaubert

Tue May 03, 2011 7:27 pm
house blackwoody lord

Poe to the Pulps wrote:

I can tell Linda from Christina from Mimi from Ashley, but everyone else was blending together and it really bummed me out because, duh, I love hearing what Sarah/MMG has to say even though it can often be 'Dan is wrong'. She sounds so smart when she says it. :)

Tue May 03, 2011 7:57 pm
★wardens of the woody★

mimi wrote:
at some point during podcasting, ashley mentioned that sometimes she gets confused when she hears nancy, and thinks it's herself.

Sometimes I hear Ashley and think it's Nancy, but when it's actually Nancy, I always know it's her.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:08 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Poe to the Pulps wrote:

Christina is the one that's always talking about her boobs, right? :D

Tue May 03, 2011 9:09 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Poe to the Pulps wrote:

even despite linda's (sexy) accent?

Wed May 04, 2011 1:41 am
Profile WWW
manwoody sweater

I feel like a trader cause I'm a proud member of House tinywoody. But I think the ladies did a wonderful job. It was close but I voted for girls night out. Its hard to turn away from 18 breasts, alright? Also was happy to hear that Ashley2 is back. The guys may have gotten my vote if they had a deserted island segment or If Fabio did more of that wonderful accent.
About the similar voices. I sometimes confuse Nancy's voice with the guest hosts and in the Kingsroad episode review I confused Christina and Mimi a lot, But I blame that on the technical difficulties they were having on that episode. On the girls night out I got confused on Dani and Kelsey and Nancy... was Nancy even in Girls Night out? On Guys night out I got confused with all of the guest host except Fabio. And for a while In the early episodes I got confused between the two ashleys, But not anymore. I can tell right away now. For some reason I find who confuses who's voice with who very interesting. hmm...

"Gods and dogs alike delight to piss on me." ~ Eddison Tullett

Last edited by Fishsticks on Wed May 04, 2011 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 04, 2011 2:02 am
☑ guest host ♘

I don't want to vote... mostly because I would probably vote for Guys' Night Out. The longer the podcast the better in my opinion. Yes, we had the problem of recording right before the episode aired, so we couldn't keep going.
To Poe to the Pulps: no offense taken ;) I was just really curious how Mary could become a recognized queen in real life... and I went a little crazy with it :D

I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed that I am now known as "the one who talks about boobies" all the time. :lol:

Wed May 04, 2011 3:10 am
for my freckles, your grace

Christina wrote:
I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed that I am now known as "the one who talks about boobies" all the time.

What did Tyrion say? Wear it as a shield so no one can ever hurt you with it. Or something along those lines.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Wed May 04, 2011 4:08 am
house blackwoody lord

Kyle wrote:
Christina wrote:
I'm not sure if I should be proud or ashamed that I am now known as "the one who talks about boobies" all the time.

What did Tyrion say? Wear it as a shield so no one can ever hurt you with it. Or something along those lines.

I can honestly say that if I faced a knight who wore boobies as a shield I'd never hurt him. motorboat him maybe. pppbbbbppbpbpppbppbpbpbpbpbpbpb

Wed May 04, 2011 4:21 am
★wardens of the woody★

Christina wrote:
I was just really curious how Mary could become a recognized queen in real life... and I went a little crazy with it

Oh, I was re-reading ACoK and Theon actually mentions the male preference primogeniture in his first chapter, on his way home with Damphair, "A woman may inherit only if there is no male heir in the direct line"

Wed May 04, 2011 4:34 am
☑ guest host ♘

I also hope Dan doesn't take it personally that I threatened to kill him in his sleep if we were on an island together... Wuv you!!!! :D

Wed May 04, 2011 4:57 am
★wardens of the woody★

mimi wrote:
Poe to the Pulps wrote:

even despite linda's (sexy) accent?

Was going to re-listen today while working, but they both have accents to me.

Wed May 04, 2011 5:03 am
house blackwoody lord

Christina wrote:
I also hope Dan doesn't take it personally that I threatened to kill him in his sleep if we were on an island together... Wuv you!!!! :D

It's okay. I know these theory things can make blood run hot. Or, in the case of you sexy ladies, hawt. Wanky !

Wed May 04, 2011 4:06 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Fishsticks wrote:
I feel like a trader cause I'm a proud member of House tinywoody. But I think the ladies did a wonderful job.

shower you with kisses.

Wed May 04, 2011 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
manwoody sweater

mimi wrote:
Fishsticks wrote:
I feel like a trader cause I'm a proud member of House tinywoody. But I think the ladies did a wonderful job.

shower you with kisses.

Ahh... Im blushing

*traitor
whoopsie daisy. Dont know what I was thinking. It was late and I was sleepy. Alright?

"Gods and dogs alike delight to piss on me." ~ Eddison Tullett

Wed May 04, 2011 10:28 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I was in error. Christina and Linda do not sound alike, though both have accents to my ears.

Another note:

For those people who want a real clear illustration of why this Podcast is so special, I would recommend that people listen to either of the Boys or Girls Night Out in contrast to the Talking TV with Ryan and Ryan that Elio, Linda, and WiC did when the show first premiered.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2011/04/15/podca ... is-coming/

It's comparing Apples to Oranges...I KNOW, but still....shows how this is really the place to let your hair down. No Biter or Jaime's balls conversations going on over there, y'know!

LOVES THE RYANS, NO OFFENSE MEANT!!

Thu May 05, 2011 10:36 am
house micro-woody☹

God I feel like I'm betraying my ovaries but I'm saying Guys win this round >.< Shall edit in my feedback if I've crawled out of my lazy cave.

Fri May 06, 2011 4:14 am
house blackwoody lord

Witty Username Here wrote:
God I feel like I'm betraying my ovaries but I'm saying Guys win this round >.< Shall edit in my feedback if I've crawled out of my lazy cave.

Is a lazy cave like something Lolys would have?

Fri May 06, 2011 4:30 am

Apocalypse Dan wrote:
Witty Username Here wrote:

Is a lazy cave like something Lolys would have?

Oh. I just got that. Ew.

Fri May 06, 2011 8:35 am
house BOOX

i missed this thread first time around...

:lol:

"though love has it's place in the sun, it's only man's fear that carries him on..." WEEN

Wed May 18, 2011 5:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next