View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
2013 Podcast Awards-Nominate APOIAF & Bastards of Kingsgrave 
Site Admin

Open until Oct 15th is the 9th annual Podcast Awards nominations. If you would like to nominate APOIAF, each person may submit one (only one) nomination form by October 15th. The podcasts with the most nominations will be added to an online voting system later this fall. If you nominate our podcast, we suggest the People’s Choice + Entertainment categories (any podcast can be nominated for People’s Choice + one category). The 9th Annual Podcast Awards Ceremony will be Held at New Media Expo in Las Vegas on Sunday Jan 5, 2014. If we win something, I'm pretty sure Ashley and/or Mimi will want to attend that :mrgreen:

edit - again it seems that vok is not be eligible since it is not a year old yet, switching to Bastards of Kingsgrave to be nominated for cultural/arts category in the same single nomination form (for that one list bastardsofkingsgrave.wordpress.com as its website

http://www.podcastawards.com/

edit - Note that they do read the comments thing at the bottom of the form. I think one good thing to mention about APOIAF is that we have a vibrant forum going with over 2000 registered members. There are many podcasts with more listeners (though 10,000 isn't too shabby) but not as many with active forums like this and listener meetups (another good thing to mention).

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:00 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Done! :) Amin, it looks like you guys can sign up the podcast yourselves, in case of a nomination so they have your details. :)

Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:54 pm
Site Admin

edit - Note that they do read the comments thing at the bottom of the form. I think one good thing to mention about APOIAF is that we have a vibrant forum going with over 2000 registered members. There are many podcasts with more listeners (though 10,000 isn't too shabby) but not as many with active forums like this and listener meetups (another good thing to mention).

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

jesicka309 wrote:
Done! :) Amin, it looks like you guys can sign up the podcast yourselves, in case of a nomination so they have your details. :)

Thanks. Saw that on page two, officially registered now.

It would be awesome if we won this thing. I might actually have to make the trip down there, despite the extra strain on my podcast travelling budget :D

Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

I didn't write any comments. Oops. :( someone else wax lyrical about the podcast!

Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:24 pm
Site Admin

Since vok is not be eligible since it is not a year old yet, switching to Bastards of Kingsgrave to be nominated for cultural/arts category in the same single nomination form (for that one list bastardsofkingsgrave.wordpress.com as its website

To note, MuggleCast won this award (in entertainment category) several times in the past. How sweet would it be for Mimi for our podcast to win it this time ;) :feathered:

Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:21 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

For people who listen to more podcasts than I do, are there a lot of podcasts out there with their own forums? I thought that was uncommon, but perhaps I'm wrong.

The fan meet-ups and spinoff podcasts are good examples too to list while nominating :D

Apparently the successor podcasts to muggle cast are being nominated too, looks like things got serious :ugeek:

Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:03 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

I listen to a lot of podcasts (about 2 hours a day) and the communities are always a little bit different. It all depends on how much the hosters want to interact with the audience and how they want to do so. Most pods are based along social media (FB mostly but twitter is good too) or a website. The success of this strategy depends upon the interaction of the host and how much energy they want to put into extending conversations beyond the recorded pod.

I wish Tolkien Professor had a forum but it doesn't.

Men In Blazers has a wiki which is a fun oral history but doesn't create the same kind of community that a forum does.

FTWard wrote:
+5 to nerd cred for Eiffel :geek: :D

Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:31 am
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

Oh, turns out a podcast I listen to: Friends in Your Head, has a forum.

Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:44 pm
★wardens of the woody★

The first podcast that I was really dedicated to had a forum. Really helps to build a community.

Fantasy Football Team: The Gay Abandon

Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:01 pm

I have just voted now. Here is my comments on APOIAF and BOK:

Quote:
A Podcast of Ice and Fire is a wonderful interactive podcast which delivers well produced and hilarious episodes on a regular basis.

After five years, they have produced over one hundred episodes, created a very active public forum (2,000 registered members) for listeners to contribute ideas and suggestions, and many listeners have guest hosted on past podcast episodes.

A Podcast of Ice and Fire offers a perfect blend of serious discussion and fun insightful comments on A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin. Many listeners have commented that they have listened to many of the episodes on several occasions.

Their ideas for episodes are not exhaustive and they have interviewed a number of other personalities within the ice and fire fandom or fansites, continually review episodes of Game of Thrones as it airs on HBO, provide snark and insight in re-reads of the earlier books, and share their experiences in attending fan conventions.

Their use of social media and the use of their public forum is outstanding and they continually set up projects, in which their listeners can interact with each other. These projects include art projects, threads on each chapter which they can mention during that chapter's discussion on a future episode, and the chance for listeners to podcast with one another on a range of subjects.

I am an avid listener of A Podcast of Ice and Fire and continue to listen to new episodes as soon as possible, and at the same time frequently listen to their archive, and would recommend the podcast any fan of A Song of Ice and Fire.

Hosts of A Podcast of Ice and Fire have also produced another podcast, Bastards of Kingsgrave, where listeners can have the chance to hear the hosts perspective on other topics, including Anime and Cult TV Shows. This podcast, is interactive with it's listeners on a similar vein to APOIAF and offers a fresh insight into offerings within the Anime community and yesteryear TV.

Took some time for me to source some of these podcasts, but hopefully it is some good new podcasts for me to listen to.

Quote:
Peoples Choice - A Podcast of Ice and Fire
Best Produced - Up Yours, Downstairs
Best Video Podcast - This Week In Google
Business - Beyond the T0-D0 List
Comedy - The Adam Carolla Show
Cultural / Arts - Bastards of Kingsgrave
Education - History Extra Podcast
Entertainment - A Podcast of Ice and Fire
Food and Drink - Spilled Milk Podcast
Gaming - The Besties
General - Philosophy In Action
GLBT - ScreamQueenz Horror Podcast
Health / Fitness - Recovered Podcast
Mature - VentChat
Movies / Films - Friends In Your Head
PodSafe Music - The Bug Cast
Politics / News - Intelligence Squared
Religion Inspiration - Christian Meets World Podcast
Science - This Week In Science
Sports - Who-Dey Weekly
Technology - Software Engineering Radio
Travel - Season Pass Podcast

Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:50 am
Site Admin

Thank you Dagos for a very nice write-up. No doubt the awards people may refer to it as a useful source for lines about the podcst if we end up winning :)

Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:31 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Just did it. Any other procrastinators like me only have a couple more days so get on it ;)

Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:01 am
Site Admin

Well nominations are closed, podcasts that make the cut will be revealed on October 27th. I suspect voting will start Nov 1st.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Fingers and toes crossed for ya guys!

Slàinte,
Nadine.

If you piss me off I may be forced to kill you... in my book.
https://www.demonality.org/

Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:19 am
Profile YIM WWW
team stannis

Vegas?

Congrats on the nomination!

Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:44 pm
Site Admin

Yes, APOIAF made the cut for the Entertainment Ballot. Voting will commence on November 1st:

Quote:
Voting Process:
Voting is going to last 15 days and in all circumstances will end at 2359 HST on the published last day of voting.
Each Person / IP will be allowed to vote "once a day".
All voting will be done from the podcastawards.com website no offsite voting scripts.
No Third Party voting applications
In all circumstances links to the Podcast Awards website should be done via a clickable Graphic or Plain text link pointing to PodcastAwards.com
We have expended considerable amount of money to insure a fair voting process. Certain security measures are in place, should a site or individual try to circumvent the on-site voting, or use an application to automate the voting we will invalidate votes that are detected or trends show them to be fraudulent.
100% e-mail verification of all votes will take place, failure to click on a vote will result in no vote being placed.
Non verification of votes is not contestable it is the voters responsibility to insure that the e-mail address provided is valid.
A verification e-mail with clickable link will be e-mailed to you so that you will have to verify the vote.
We are expecting extreme loads on the mail server and have put in place certain safeguards to ensure votes are not lost.
Notice: We have done extensive work in the algorithms that will be used to deter cheating. All voting will be done on the podcastawards.com website any podcast that adds or creates a auto voting system will be disqualified. Podcast Connect Inc reserves the right to reject any vote that it's officers, staff and auditors consider to be fraudulent. It is imperative that all podcast nominees warn their listenership to abide by the rules. We do not care how popular or unpopular your podcast is, circumventing the rules will not be tolerated. We will in all cases error on the side of good reason we will stay diligent and use just prudence

http://www.podcastawards.com/index.php?option=rules

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:33 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Oh Hell Yes! Congrats :D

Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:58 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Awesome. :)

Fantasy Football Team: The Gay Abandon

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:05 pm
house stark

Congratulations. This is a very big accomplishment. Professional podcasts get nominated for these awards! You guys have done a great job.

Also great job everyone nominating the podcast it worked!

FF: Growing Strong

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:24 pm
★wardens of the woody★

*happy dance*

Woohoo!

Slàinte,
Nadine.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:45 am
Profile YIM WWW

Great news! I'm also happy for Animation Addicts, Alcohollywood (Would class this as a movie podcast, not Food and Drink) and Film Sack which are podcasts that I enjoy.

Was anyone able to watch the podcast announcement video on the website; the video that is 33 minutes long? I could start the video and watch up to 01:26 but then the video froze. I tried a few times but the same thing happened each time.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:02 am
★wardens of the woody★

This is awesome!

I'm glad that they have cleaned up the voting process. I remember from a couple years ago there was a controversy because of some autovoting program being used to win best sports podcast.

FTWard wrote:
+5 to nerd cred for Eiffel :geek: :D

Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:55 am
♬ podcast bard ♬

well done chaps :D 'grats

Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:47 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

y'all are so awesome; thanks for getting us nominated! i am baffled to see our podcast name on the same page as radiolab and this american life.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:00 am
Profile WWW
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

also, are y'all ready to get weird in vegas.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:00 am
Profile WWW

DAMN!! ur in the big leagues now.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:11 am
Site Admin

Dagos_Rivers wrote:
Great news! I'm also happy for Animation Addicts, Alcohollywood (Would class this as a movie podcast, not Food and Drink) and Film Sack which are podcasts that I enjoy.

Was anyone able to watch the podcast announcement video on the website; the video that is 33 minutes long? I could start the video and watch up to 01:26 but then the video froze. I tried a few times but the same thing happened each time.

If you wish to view the entire video, it is on youtube now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfKQR8N ... 9hua8vFB7g

Again, given the sheer number nominations and the reviewing process (4-5 different judges listening to each nominated podcast), it is a big honour already to be nominated.

Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
house manwoody knight

The voting starts tomorrow. Don't forget to vote each day! :)

Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:02 am
★wardens of the woody★

walros wrote:
The voting starts tomorrow. Don't forget to vote each day! :)

Think you can only vote once or it deems it a spam vote and disqualifies all your votes!

Slàinte,
Nadine.

Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:09 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next