View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Podcast hate 
★wardens of the woody★

I feel like I missed a big party. :)

I think it's pretty obvious we all love the podcast here and don't think yall should change anything. If they don't like it, that's ok too. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla. As long as everyone is respectful, it's all good. And everyone's always respectful on the internet. ;)

I drink wine mainly for muscle definition.

Fantasy Football Team: Lots of Cunts
Lots of Cunts is a reference to the line the Hound says in the HBO series Game of Thrones and my general opinion of my fantasy team most days.

Mon May 23, 2011 3:15 pm
manwoody sweater

easttexasdirewolf wrote:
I feel like I missed a big party. :)

I think it's pretty obvious we all love the podcast here and don't think yall should change anything. If they don't like it, that's ok too. That's why they make chocolate and vanilla. As long as everyone is respectful, it's all good. And everyone's always respectful on the internet. ;)

Well said. Hear Hear

"Gods and dogs alike delight to piss on me." ~ Eddison Tullett

Mon May 23, 2011 9:33 pm
for my freckles, your grace

Came across some quotes tonight that I thought fit into this thread.

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

"I can't give you a surefire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time." - Herbert Bayard Swope (first recipient of the Pulitzer Prize

"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde (Mr. Wilde has a whole lot of debatable quotes. This certainly one of them.)

"Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace." - Robert J. Sawyer

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world." - Calvin, from Calvin and Hobbes

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Wed May 25, 2011 1:37 am
manwoody sweater

Good words Kyle. I particularly like the Mark Twain and Herbert Bayard Swope quotes

"Gods and dogs alike delight to piss on me." ~ Eddison Tullett

Thu May 26, 2011 9:50 pm
house BOOX

Wanted to luv on the podcast and wasn't sure where to put it. Here is as good a place as any, I guess. Just wanted to say my experience as a guest host was super happy fun-time! There is a genuine affection and passion for the BOOX among the regular podcasters and they certainly deserve a higher regard among the fandom than they currently enjoy. These guys joke and don't take themselves too serious, but never mistake that for a true "shocking lack of knowledge" of the source material. They know their stuff! I actually think GRRM would love the way this community lovingly lampoons his series. Add that to the fact that theyve managed to attract such an awesome group of hardcore fans (ex. Dani, Missmollygrue, Christina, Poe, PJStwo, Sebastian and lots of others) to one place and given us somewhere to not only discuss the series without being flamed for mistakes or what some may consider dumb questions and crackpot theories, but to bond over other interests or just draw penises in iSketch! It's a great thing Mimi got started and the group is carrying on. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's appreciative of it. I had a blast recording with them and would love to do it again soon. As for the PoIaF forum community, wuuuuuuuv yooooou guuuuuuys!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:20 am
house umber

JAZ wrote:
Wanted to luv on the podcast and wasn't sure where to put it. Here is as good a place as any, I guess. Just wanted to say my experience as a guest host was super happy fun-time! There is a genuine affection and passion for the BOOX among the regular podcasters and they certainly deserve a higher regard among the fandom than they currently enjoy. These guys joke and don't take themselves too serious, but never mistake that for a true "shocking lack of knowledge" of the source material. They know their stuff! I actually think GRRM would love the way this community lovingly lampoons his series. Add that to the fact that theyve managed to attract such an awesome group of hardcore fans (ex. Dani, Missmollygrue, Christina, Poe, PJStwo, Sebastian and lots of others) to one place and given us somewhere to not only discuss the series without being flamed for mistakes or what some may consider dumb questions and crackpot theories, but to bond over other interests or just draw penises in iSketch! It's a great thing Mimi got started and the group is carrying on. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's appreciative of it. I had a blast recording with them and would love to do it again soon. As for the PoIaF forum community, wuuuuuuuv yooooou guuuuuuys!

Just finished listening this morning on the way to work! Jaz you were great! Really enjoyed the show guys. I don't like to get to into anything, but I love that fact I get to listen/read opinions about something I love and its not super fan boyish ok well some of it is, ok will a lot of it is! But there is just the right amount of deep discussion and glistening manhood/motorboating boobies talk that makes me coming back. Haters gonna hate, F 'em!

Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:06 am
for my freckles, your grace

You guys are the best.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:52 am
house manwoody mongoballer

Jaz, I'm gonna take you out of context, just for a moment.
JAZ wrote:
...just draw penises in iSketch! It's a great thing Mimi got started and the group is carrying on.

This.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:25 pm
Profile YIM
house BOOX

Out of contexts, perhaps, but no less true.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:46 pm
fantasy manwoody champion

I feel like I should come clean and tell you guys that I just submitted a pretty scathing review to the iTunes store. Although they said that it might be reviewed for content, so I don't know if it'll get posted. Keep your eyes open for a review by "PowerBum".

Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:30 am
★wardens of the woody★

MaesterKevin wrote:
I feel like I should come clean and tell you guys that I just submitted a pretty scathing review to the iTunes store. Although they said that it might be reviewed for content, so I don't know if it'll get posted. Keep your eyes open for a review by "PowerBum".

Why?

"Don't read him as children do, for amusement, nor as the ambitious do, to be instructed. No, read him in order to live." - Flaubert

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:47 am
fantasy manwoody champion

Poe to the Pulps wrote:
MaesterKevin wrote:

Why?
It's sarcastic. I gave 'em 5/5. No worries.

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:05 am
★wardens of the woody★

Ahh....gotcha.

"Don't read him as children do, for amusement, nor as the ambitious do, to be instructed. No, read him in order to live." - Flaubert

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:44 am
house BOOX

so on the Television Zombies podcasts Facebook page, so bimbo called this podcast "unintelligible."

fucker.

i replied that you're awesome and on par with TVZ. they are a greatt podcast, but different so a comparison is hard. (to be honest, i started listening to them when APOIAF wasnt releasing episodes regularly.)

"though love has it's place in the sun, it's only man's fear that carries him on..." WEEN

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:00 am
house manwoody lord

MaesterKevin wrote:
Poe to the Pulps wrote:
MaesterKevin wrote:

Why?
It's sarcastic. I gave 'em 5/5. No worries.

You should just post it here, it seems to not be on iTunes.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:20 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Dani BOOX wrote:
so on the Television Zombies podcasts Facebook page, so bimbo called this podcast "unintelligible."

fucker.

i replied that you're awesome and on par with TVZ. they are a greatt podcast, but different so a comparison is hard. (to be honest, i started listening to them when APOIAF wasnt releasing episodes regularly.)

haha, i have to add that to our repertoire. UNINTELLIGIBLE.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:26 pm
Profile WWW
house blackwoody lord

Awww. Fuck 'em, then.

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:09 pm
house micro-woody☹

I am new to the podcast...downloaded them all...got to about the 15th episode where I had to turn it off. It urks me when you guys get off topic to crack a dead horse joke. Let it go. You get to have one shout out joke and get back to the topic. Im a going to stick with the show because there is none other like it, love ASOIF and totally agree and disagree outloud when I am listening...but come on...stick with the topic. I know you guys are working hard and love this stuff. And I look forward to keep listening!!!

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:15 pm
Site Admin

Not all episodes are equal and I don't even remember what we talked about in some of the earlier episodes :mrgreen: If you don't like a particular episode feel free to skip rather than listening to every single one. We had our ups and downs but I feel like our best episodes really hit the mark :ugeek:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Dani BOOX wrote:
bimbo called this podcast "unintelligible."

That's a plus in my books :mrgreen:

Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:51 pm
Profile WWW
podcast fanatics ☺

Your post made me lol, Amin.
Having said that...
I love you, APOIAF. I don't know what I'd do without you. ASOIAF is constantly on my mind. Knowing that APOIAF is out there does wonders for my sanity, since it has made me realize I'm not the only one who's thinking this and breathing this every single day. I don't know anyone else that has read all the books so APOIAF goes a long way in fufilling my needs in the that department. (So far I've only manage to convert 2 people and both of them are at aCoK. Only one of them is making real progress, since the other found all the spoilers she could read and sort of lost some motivation after that.) Anyway, my point is, you remind me that I'm mostly sane and you make me happy. Also, having new episodes of APOIAF to look forward to is a great feeling.

To all hosts past and present, guest hosts... thank you for making this awesome.

Twitter: vaarsuvius_

Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:47 am
house smallwoody

Dickon Manwoody wrote:
Having said that...
I love you, APOIAF. I don't know what I'd do without you. ASOIAF is constantly on my mind. Knowing that APOIAF is out there does wonders for my sanity, since it has made me realize I'm not the only one who's thinking this and breathing this every single day. I don't know anyone else that has read all the books so APOIAF goes a long way in fufilling my needs in the that department. (So far I've only manage to convert 2 people and both of them are at aCoK. Only one of them is making real progress, since the other found all the spoilers she could read and sort of lost some motivation after that.) Anyway, my point is, you remind me that I'm mostly sane and you make me happy. Also, having new episodes of APOIAF to look forward to is a great feeling.

To all hosts past and present, guest hosts... thank you for making this awesome.

I thought at first this was a topic that you came to launch your complaints about the podcast; so I was like, "Man, this Dickon Manwoody sucks at hating on things" :D

People who complain... fuck em. Internet is full of people who are spiteful for no other reason than they know you can't actually do anything in return. Trust me; if you had these people in front of you, I'd bet half my Manwoody they'd think twice before being so ugly about their complaints...

And if I'm wrong, it doesn't matter, my member is thrice the size of a normal mans.

Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:28 am
podcast fanatics ☺

Revanjames wrote:
Dickon Manwoody wrote:
Having said that...

I thought at first this was a topic that you came to launch your complaints about the podcast; so I was like, "Man, this Dickon Manwoody sucks at hating on things" :D

People who complain... fuck em. Internet is full of people who are spiteful for no other reason than they know you can't actually do anything in return. Trust me; if you had these people in front of you, I'd bet half my Manwoody they'd think twice before being so ugly about their complaints...

And if I'm wrong, it doesn't matter, my member is thrice the size of a normal mans.

Twitter: vaarsuvius_

Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:02 am
podcast convert

mimi wrote:
the complaint that pissed me off the most was the accusation that we bullied christina into not expressing her opinion of the episode due to peer pressure.
Umm... yeah, that was me. :oops:

I know it was one year ago, but my apologies, Mimi and Christina. At the time, I honestly thought that's how it sounded... Not that you bullied her, but that she was reluctant to admit to liking the show. But it's hard to understand what's really going on, when listening to one random episode, out of context, without being familiar with the style of humour and the various personalities of the podcasters.

I'm currently listening from episode 30 onwards, and it feels like a completely different podcast now that I'm familiar with the hosts, the jokes, etc. In fact, much of my criticism last year was towards Chase... but now he's really cracking me up. :lol:

Sun May 06, 2012 10:37 pm
☑ guest host ♘

Ha! Another one bites the dust! :lol: This podcast grows on you the more you listen... like a fine wine. Or mold.

Wed May 09, 2012 6:09 am
house stark

Lex wrote:
I'm currently listening from episode 30 onwards, and it feels like a completely different podcast now that I'm familiar with the hosts, the jokes, etc. In fact, much of my criticism last year was towards Chase... but now he's really cracking me up. :lol:

He wasn't my cup of tea either. But he did grow on me. What happened to him? Is he over it?

Fantasy Football: A Njoku Needs A Name

Wed May 09, 2012 10:44 am
podcast convert

Valyrian Neil wrote:
Lex wrote:

He wasn't my cup of tea either. But he did grow on me. What happened to him? Is he over it?
I saw in another thread that Chase has moved on, but that the podcasters prefer not to talk about the reasons for a host leaving.

I just listened to Episode 35, where Chase is re-enacting a scene from Book 1 (when Barristan is fired) and he does some HILARIOUS voices (Joffrey and the Hound). :lol:

Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
podcast historian

best hound -> amin
best joff -> kyle
best sansa -> kristen
(ep. 52)
edit by brynden: my fault its 53!

that is known.

---

I sometimes miss chase, but when I occasionally re-listen to some episodes I now think his bitterness may be over the top...

I wish him and the other ex-hosts (Nancy! Ash2! Chris! Ben! Aaron!) luck and happiness nevertheless and understand fully if the crew does want the ex-host's reasons to go kept secret. If thats their line, thats ok, as long as its consistent (and until now it is). I see it like that: Normally you don't speak bad about someone who died, and although thats something totally different here it goes in the same direction. And everybody should accept that.

The only thing that may be nice the next time (for us listeners) would be to announce IN the podcast THAT somebody left (not WHY) - maybe also in the news on the page - and OPEN a thread in the board to thank him/her for the work and give the listeners the chance to thank him/her and wish well.

Last edited by brynden on Wed May 09, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 09, 2012 2:17 pm
Profile WWW
podcast convert

brynden wrote:
best hound -> amin
best joff -> kyle
best sansa -> kristen
(ep. 52)

that is known.
Amin does a better Hound than Chase? Any idea which episode it's in?

Also, you should add best Stannis -> Amin ("Where'd you get those bones? Why do you wear 'em around your neck, though?")

Wed May 09, 2012 3:42 pm
podcast historian

Ah I have given the wrong episode number. It should be 53! (Two guys a girl and a lemoncake)

Kristen, Kyle and Amin read the scene in which Joff and Sansa talk about the tourney at Joff's nameday. Amin speaks the hound and has to say (at least): "Against this lot, why not." (When Joff asks him if he would win against the participants)

Wed May 09, 2012 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next