View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Podcast hate 
house micro-woody☹

Hi!

Came to the forum some time ago wondering why Chase went. I understand that they don't want to talk about it in case they had personal issues with him or something, but I was really fond of Chase and it's just weird that they never acknowledged where he went. Weirdly - Chase was a big part of my life since I listened to him almost an hour a day on my commute. And then suddenly he's gone and we never get to know why? That's rude. Kyle never filled his shoes. Every podcast needs a curmudgeon, and Chase was it.

Anyway, now the same thing is happening with Mimi?! What the hell?! It bugs the hell out of me! You're awesome Amin and Ashley but the quality is severely lacking without the Queen.

Bring Chase and Mimi back! Or please - at least talk about what has happened to them!

Sat May 26, 2012 2:17 pm
house smallwoody

Wedge wrote:
Hi!

Came to the forum some time ago wondering why Chase went. I understand that they don't want to talk about it in case they had personal issues with him or something, but I was really fond of Chase and it's just weird that they never acknowledged where he went. Weirdly - Chase was a big part of my life since I listened to him almost an hour a day on my commute. And then suddenly he's gone and we never get to know why? That's rude. Kyle never filled his shoes. Every podcast needs a curmudgeon, and Chase was it.

Anyway, now the same thing is happening with Mimi?! What the hell?! It bugs the hell out of me! You're awesome Amin and Ashley but the quality is severely lacking without the Queen.

Bring Chase and Mimi back! Or please - at least talk about what has happened to them!

I respect your opinion but I disagree with your comments about Kyle, Amin, and Ashley. Right now they ARE the podcast and I'm loving it. Mimi is great but she is only one part of the show and I do not think the quality has suffered at all.
I found Chase just so negative in almost everything related to the show...it got to the point that I was actually happy that he is no longer a part of the show. It's one thing to disagree on changes but to get so infuriated over the shade of Robert's hair? :roll:
You have to remember that the hosts are real people with real jobs and lives and that this podcast is a hobby that sucks up 3-6 hours a week...sometimes something has to give and unfortunately it's the podcast. Whatever happened to prior hosts should be private unless they choose it not to be. I know I would not like my former coworkers gossiping about me on a public podcast! That also opens up the possiblity of lawsuits I would think.

Sun May 27, 2012 7:02 am
podcast doctor

Dunk the Lunk wrote:
I found Chase just so negative in almost everything related to the show...it got to the point that I was actually happy that he is no longer a part of the show.

seconded

Quote:
You have to remember that the hosts are real people with real jobs and lives and that this podcast is a hobby that sucks up 3-6 hours a week...sometimes something has to give and unfortunately it's the podcast. Whatever happened to prior hosts should be private unless they choose it not to be. I know I would not like my former coworkers gossiping about me on a public podcast! That also opens up the possiblity of lawsuits I would think.

agreed again, plus if you read through the forums, the podcast has made it clear that mimi is not gone permanently and they have hopes to get her back as soon as she is able..........
(and this is from the guy that started the 'shocking lack of mimi' thread)

mimi also mentions in the episode 74 aftershow that they reason theyve had so many hosts is not becasue they dont like each other anymore, its because people move on and interests change, and i think out of respect to their former co-host colleagues they keep their internal matters as exactly that........internal.........

if the day ever comes when mimi does, in fact, move on from the podcast (*knock on wood......dear god please dont leave us mimi).......we as fans should first of all

THANK HER.....for all the hours of wonderful entertainment she has provided us......FREE ENTERTAINMENT mind you.......not to mention that SHE PAYS FOR THE BANDWIDTH OUT OF HER OWN POCKET...(feel free to pitch in with a donation yall, the paypal button is on the homepage)....

and second we should WISH HER THE BEST with her life, as she would do the same for all of us.....

finally we should cheer on the remaining hosts and thank them for their contributions, hours of audio editing and sincere efforts to bring us a quality podcast..........

for sure we as fans are allowed to voice our opinions and constructive criticisms.........but lets not get it twisted, we should also thank them when its due as well..............

Sun May 27, 2012 8:50 am
podcast historian

seconden all - i thank everybody for his/her contribution, especially because they all make it out of fun (hopefully) and for free. as i have written before in exactly this thread:

i fully understand and support the politics the crew follows if somebody has the feeling that it is better to go (i think if a project like this ever becomes an obligation alone it gets really hard to motivate yourself).

the only thing i really would suggest:
if somebody leaves - please anounce it "on-air", thank him and open a thread that the listeners also can thank him/her. not as a place to discuss the causes but to remember the highlights of his/her podcast career...

and mimi is such a big grrm-fan that i'm sure she ever will stop talking about the series.

Sun May 27, 2012 9:08 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody☹

I hear what you're saying, and I agree partly, but like Brynden said, please announce it on the show. Or at least don't act like nothing. I'm sure alot of listeners like myself do not browse the forums. It gladdens me that Mimi is indeed coming back but I bet most listeners who get this podcast off of iTunes don't know that.

Wed May 30, 2012 10:33 pm
house manwoody mongoballer

brynden wrote:
the only thing i really would suggest:
if somebody leaves - please anounce it "on-air", thank him and open a thread that the listeners also can thank him/her. not as a place to discuss the causes but to remember the highlights of his/her podcast career...

Yeah took the words right out of my subconscious brynden, that was back there for a while and this would have been a good touch,

IIRC , it's been a while since I listened to the older podcasts, but I almost completely lost favor a little over midway through when Chase's rhythm got distorted persay, usually between him and Mimi I think (but I don't have any citations, I'm not going to analyze the hosts I listen to as fun accompaniment for while working on things of the same subject, though I do find it fun to think Mimi has LOST-style flashbacks where somehow the current discussion on ASOIAF ties back to some intense mongolian proverb her father told her when she was 12 and they were eating burgers and she's been trying to live up to that Maximum-Temujin all-guts no glory for her entire life and Amin and Ashley sooth the fire of the mongoballer Khan blood that boils in 16 million men today -> thus leading to a full circle primetime drama family feeling that might be the core of what keeps me coming back to the winding road that is APOIAF. Sorry Mimi.). But yeah Chase, Blowing hot and cold, which always happens as yeah- for most I can imagine it's tough to self motivate at times. I actually had to turn off one podcast episode and continued a few days later because I actually started to get rustled :I by the sour funk. Though the last thought on the matter of Chase is , I wonder if an injection of GABA,P5P, Magnesium + Trader Joe's Gorilla Munch-Extract would return his Sweats to alignment. I'm wearing sweats right now actually. Feels good. Somewhere out in space, possibly in time, would Chase come upon that same feel and embrace it with recognition long pursued?

Mimi will never leave you guys gotta get off the heroin and spend a little time in the sweatpants FO SHO. Unless maybe I trick everyone into doing an Offtopic-Bastards of Kingsrave Wheel of Time podcast episode, that might threaten the universe itself...
That might be hot enough to melt Mimi.

He kept his face clean-shaven, but his thick hair fell to his collar like a valyrian mudslide, divided by a streak of gristle.His eyes seemed black as he sat outlined against the dying sun, sharpening his steel, but she had looked at them from a closer vantage and she knew that they were purple. Dark purple. Dark and angry. By tradition the Targaryens were the finest bakers in all the Seven Kingdoms... but Hotpie was Hotpie. - pg 237, A Rasher Of Bacon

Wed May 30, 2012 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
podcast historian

And I wonder why we still talk about Chase - the latest loss I still have to endure is Nancy :(
I liked her very much.

Wed May 30, 2012 11:56 pm
Profile WWW
house manwoody mongoballer

If Chase was the Mother, than Nancy was without a doubt the Stranger

... wait

He kept his face clean-shaven, but his thick hair fell to his collar like a valyrian mudslide, divided by a streak of gristle.His eyes seemed black as he sat outlined against the dying sun, sharpening his steel, but she had looked at them from a closer vantage and she knew that they were purple. Dark purple. Dark and angry. By tradition the Targaryens were the finest bakers in all the Seven Kingdoms... but Hotpie was Hotpie. - pg 237, A Rasher Of Bacon

Thu May 31, 2012 12:30 am
Profile WWW
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

amin did consider making a podcast announcement regarding my absence, but i told him not to worry about it. it's not for any particular reason, and i can't wait to podcast again.

to reiterate, i will never leave APOIAF. the podcast and its community is so important to me, y'all.

Thu May 31, 2012 7:40 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody☹

Mimi: Awesome.

And thanks to Amim and the new hosts for adressing this in the last episode. For the record, I think the new hosts/guest-hosts are doing very well and really injects alot of knowledge into the show.

Thu May 31, 2012 2:52 pm
house smallwoody

mimi wrote:
amin did consider making a podcast announcement regarding my absence, but i told him not to worry about it. it's not for any particular reason, and i can't wait to podcast again.

to reiterate, i will never leave APOIAF. the podcast and its community is so important to me, y'all.

That's great to hear. I think your time on the Quiet Isle has made Amin, Ashley and Kyle have to get stronger in your absence...and that's always a good thing. :) It's a real credit to all of the hosts and the guest hosts that the star of the show left for a bit but the podcast just kept on rocking.

Thu May 31, 2012 7:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3