View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Episode 140 
Site Admin

Someone had to make these episodes threads trendy again ;)

Nice feedback we got from the stats coverage, particularly on the diversity of our listener base:

Quote:
Hey!

Just want you guys to know there's a retired person out here who loves Podcast of Ice & Fire. I'm a 62 year old black woman. How's that for demographics?

Anyway, I just listened to the survey results (Episode 140), and you guys mentioned that no one over age 60 filled out the survey. Well, that forced me out of hiding.

So there's at least one old person out here who loves you all and who thinks you're seriously entertaining.

Also, hey!---Enjoy the season 4 premier tonight. I'm gonna miss it because I dumped cable last summer. (I'm a book person.) I'm relying on you guys to keep me up to speed on on the TV show, even though I'll be listening with Kermit-colored ears.

Your Fan in New York City,
Harlem Hobbit, a.k.a. Ramona

Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:32 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Great anniversary episode, except for missing the missing Manwoody.

I join with Kyle in demanding that 13 year old girls face their problems head on and not hope to escape into fantasy worlds for a minute. If only they'd do that, we would not have so many problems with sieges and wildfire in this world. And it would also solve the national debt.

Sansa and the Hound on the road together would have been something to see. In the long run, though, Sansa's been saved from a pretty terrible fate by her reluctance to go off with Sandor, though. If they leave Kings Landing at the end of Clash, Sandor probably makes a beeline for Riverrun rather than taking whatever drunken ramble led him to be bagged by the Mad Huntsman near Stoney Sept. They probably get to Riverrun before Robb's army marches north or catch it on the road. The Freys probably don't kill Sansa at the Red Wedding, so she likely gets to actually see everyone murdered and then will end up being married to Ramsay Bolton rather Fake Arya or, if she's lucky, a Frey. Even the worst things that might happen to her in the Vale don't compare to what Jeyne Poole went through. Ramsay Bolton, I'm going to take a stand and say you aren't good.

"These wonderful narrations inspired me with strange feelings. Was man, indeed, at once so powerful, so virtuous and magnificent, yet so vicious and base? He appeared at one time a mere scion of the evil principle, and at another as all that can be conceived of noble and godlike."
—The Monster, from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:09 am
★wardens of the woody★

Discussion on Mandon Moore's fate reminds me of this kind of APOIAF related joke I saw in the fan artist Sir-Heartsalot's gallery.

Source

Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:15 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

hahaha I love that! It's just a jump to the left... *raucous music*

www.eeriepresence.com

Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:18 pm
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

This was one of the funniest APOIAF episodes in a while. I laughed out loud several times. Loved the sing alongs too. Keep it up! I can't believe the ACOK re-read is almost done. I think back to the person I was when they began and I see how much time has gone by. It's almost the end of an era.

House Words: "I'm in as long as I don't have to edit."

Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:46 am
house stark

This was great and hilarious!

Sometimes I think GRRM goes a bit overboard in maiming people who are already 'unfortunate looking' (I think that's what you guys said in the podcast ...) Tyrion already had enough shit to deal with without getting his nose chopped off. Brienne was already ugly before she got her cheek bitten.

I don't really blame Sansa for not going with the Hound, I don't think I would have in her position. I remember the first time reading that chapter being actually terrified that he was going to rape her. I don't know, I think people are creeping on Sansa so much in these books that I'm kind of primed to expect the worst. At the very least - from her perspective a super drunk dude holding a knife to your throat means he's probably a bit unstable. I mean, I don't think he would have actually done anything, but I can understand her not trusting him.

Also, a 12 year old girl shows better leadership than the Queen Regent. Cersei is the worst.

Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:03 am
team stannis

I randomly* decided to fire up this episode at work today...

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]