View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 27, 2024 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Listener Questions for Podcast? 
house micro-woody lord

Can you guys start doing a segment at the end of the podcast where we, the listeners, can submit questions/theories/predictions and you guys can address them? I know this is done somewhat informally when you bring up "something I saw someone say on the forums," but why not make it into an actual segment of the podcast?

I feel like Amin has been pressed for time every episode this season (I havent listened to 145 yet), but is this something you've done before or would be willing to start? And listeners, is this something you'd get behind and participate in?

Fri May 09, 2014 10:38 am
Site Admin

It is something we've done before and we do occasionally in longer segments or an entire dedicated show to listener feedback. I don't see it formally happening every single episode because as you said we don't always have the time to do so, but we try to do it as often as possible. We always scan over twitter, facebook, and the forums briefly before recording an episode to see if anything catches the eye.

Fri May 09, 2014 12:01 pm
Profile WWW
for my freckles, your grace

I know we have a phone number somewhere that people have called in and left voice message questions in the past and we've aired them.

I don't know if Amin wants this but I feel like a short audio file attached to an email would make it easy to (in post) add to the podcast.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Sun May 11, 2014 12:46 am
Site Admin

Kyle wrote:
I know we have a phone number somewhere that people have called in and left voice message questions in the past and we've aired them.

I don't know if Amin wants this but I feel like a short audio file attached to an email would make it easy to (in post) add to the podcast.

Short audio file is fine (and technically easier to include than the voice mails actually) but upload it to mega upload or sound cloud or something and give us the direct link to download it in the email rather than attaching it - each email is not a lot of space but it adds up eventually.

Sun May 11, 2014 2:07 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody☹

I'm rereading the SoIaF books and am now in book 2, ACoK. I only just noticed that Ramsey Snow had a Reek before Theon. See Rodrick, Maester Luwin, Bran, and some of the Lords Bannermen to Winterfell were discussing it in I think chapter 16. Just thought that was interesting. Wonder what happened to him?

Sat May 17, 2014 4:28 pm
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

Milmom wrote:
I'm rereading the SoIaF books and am now in book 2, ACoK. I only just noticed that Ramsey Snow had a Reek before Theon. See Rodrick, Maester Luwin, Bran, and some of the Lords Bannermen to Winterfell were discussing it in I think chapter 16. Just thought that was interesting. Wonder what happened to him?

You'll find later in the book that when "Ramsay" is killed, that Reek and Ramsay switched clothes because Ramsay anticipated them trying to kill him but figured they would try to get information from his servant. Also Roose talks more about Reek I in Dance.

"At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realise that that is not in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely, happy in the knowledge that it has helped you on your way."

Mon May 19, 2014 8:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]