View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ] 
Episode 147: Mockingbird (simone boyce yall!!!) 
podcast doctor

hot damn you had me at simone! what a merging of asoiaf royalty. just a shame ash adn mimi wasnt there but she was of course an amazing guest host. ugh i love how simone is a bookreader like us. i'm not even done with the episode yet but mad props to amin and kyle for getting her onboard.

ok im gonna go faint now

Wed May 21, 2014 5:58 pm
for my freckles, your grace

linecom1 wrote:
hot damn you had me at simone! what a merging of asoiaf royalty. just a shame ash adn mimi wasnt there but she was of course an amazing guest host. ugh i love how simone is a bookreader like us. i'm not even done with the episode yet but mad props to amin and kyle for getting her onboard.

ok im gonna go faint now

Haha! Someone is a fan. Simone is a friend. We've wanted to have her on for a while but she is one busy lady. I'm glad it finally worked out. Enjoy!

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Thu May 22, 2014 2:07 am
★wardens of the woody★

She was great but I miss Mimi and Ashley

Thu May 22, 2014 7:12 am
house tinywoody lord

I just changed my name to Jon Snow so Simone will have to do what I say.

Thu May 22, 2014 8:12 am
house manwoody knight

I don't know. I'm not in the same boat as you guys regarding this being a great episode. I know the podcast is full of "shocking lack of knowledge" but frankly a basic episode review is not really what I want to listen to and in this episode I felt like Amin never got any feedback on how the scenes compare to the books due to the guest not really being 100% up-to-date with the books. I get that people don't need to know the books phrase by phrase, but this more felt like "episode review with tv watchers" rather than "episode review with book readers".

Thu May 22, 2014 9:22 am
house tinywoody lord

But where else can you listen to Kyle's flirting with Simone, especially when he's trying to get her into Dany's dresses? :feathered:

I think we're all jonesing for a fully hosted podcast with Mimi and Ashley.

Thu May 22, 2014 10:55 am
★wardens of the woody★

walros wrote:
I don't know. I'm not in the same boat as you guys regarding this being a great episode. I know the podcast is full of "shocking lack of knowledge" but frankly a basic episode review is not really what I want to listen to and in this episode I felt like Amin never got any feedback on how the scenes compare to the books due to the guest not really being 100% up-to-date with the books. I get that people don't need to know the books phrase by phrase, but this more felt like "episode review with tv watchers" rather than "episode review with book readers".

Well it was a short episode, but I'm sure that VoK will provide all the book comparisons and general nitpickery that this episode left out. I'm just impressed that they got their own episode out before VoK this week. It was not the most detailed episode but I thought it was still entertaining.

Glad to hear that Ashley is coming back, too. Props to Kyle and Amin for keeping it going without the other hosts for so long.

Thu May 22, 2014 10:56 am
podcast doctor

yeah i suppose my excitement wasnt so much that this episode was so stupendous or anything. i'm just a really big fan of her work with WiC and think she is the best interviewer of the show actors thus far. she does a great job of avoiding the cliche questions we've heard x 1000 and try to incorporate some book knowledge into it as well.

Thu May 22, 2014 11:24 am
house manwoody mongoballer

The constant clanging and banging of dishes and doors and whatever else was going on in the background was very distracting.

Thu May 22, 2014 11:33 am
★wardens of the woody★

Good episode. I think Simone is used to operating in a spoiler-free bubble but thought that the breakdowns of the scenes were very good.

FTWard wrote:
+5 to nerd cred for Eiffel :geek: :D

Thu May 22, 2014 12:37 pm
team stannis

I can confirm that Sexy GRRM is as brilliant, funny & sexy a costume as you imagine.

Thu May 22, 2014 1:34 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Enjoyed the episode, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about Ice & Fire Con from everyone who attended!

Fantasy Football Team: The Gay Abandon

Thu May 22, 2014 1:58 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Please take the following as constructive criticism because I love APOIAF! The guest seemed kind of unprepared, she clearly hadn't listened before to know about spoiler policy and washing up during the recording seemed a bit disrespectful. Sorry if that makes me sound pompous. I still enjoyed it but it felt like it could've gone a lot more in depth.

Fri May 23, 2014 12:17 pm
house micro-woody☹

On your guy predictions with the big dany scene. I think her big climax will be capturing the dragons into the fighting pits.

Fri May 23, 2014 11:32 pm
house stark

It was me to listen to happy enthusiastic people. I feel like I am forever bitter but I'm glad that you guys aren't!

Fri May 23, 2014 11:52 pm
house micro-woody☹

In my opinion Simone didn't seem to be focused on the discussion. I'd rather listen to an unknown who adds to the discussion and is excited to be on the podcast.

Just my2cents

Sat May 24, 2014 8:43 pm
Site Admin

We got a lot of constructive criticism re: the dishes and background noise. I actually did not notice it earlier (other than the one time Kyle pointed it out) given that I was recording on a rush between trips and editing at the airport, but it is noticeable and do appreciate the feedback. It is a fair complaint and I would definitely ask Simone or any other host to avoid such activities if I had caught onto it earlier.

Mon May 26, 2014 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

Can't wait to hear about Ice and Fire con! :)

Mon May 26, 2014 8:13 pm
Profile WWW
house stark

Amin wrote:
We got a lot of constructive criticism re: the dishes and background noise. I actually did not notice it earlier (other than the one time Kyle pointed it out) given that I was recording on a rush between trips and editing at the airport, but it is noticeable and do appreciate the feedback. It is a fair complaint and I would definitely ask Simone or any other host to avoid such activities if I had caught onto it earlier.

Or at least get them to do your dishes as well.

Tired of Daario casting talk. Isn't he gone for all of ADWD anyway? I'm admittedly disinterested to hostile on all things Dany and don't care about the details of her story, but comparing Daario's still in the 7th episode seems like overkill.

Sat May 31, 2014 4:21 am
house stark

I didn't even notice the dishes in the background but I'm not picky about that kind of thing. I'm not really going to complain about something I get for free from some nice and interesting people.

Sat May 31, 2014 5:38 am
team stannis

I thought Kyle handled it with humour and grace.

Sat May 31, 2014 9:12 am
house smallwoody

What kind of a turd is her husband, lurking in the background and making her do the dishes and guest on a podcast without giving her a hand...damn! i'd get a slap across the face if i tried that at home.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:11 pm
for my freckles, your grace

Dunk the Lunk wrote:
What kind of a turd is her husband, lurking in the background and making her do the dishes and guest on a podcast without giving her a hand...damn! i'd get a slap across the face if i tried that at home.

Well her revenge against him was that in podcasting in front of him she ruined the show for him. :o

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]