View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 2:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Episode 148: Sorrowful Manticores 
house micro-woody☹

Just wanted to say that in A Dance with Dragons --- Kevan Lannister wonders about the fact that the lannisters do not have enough money due to the war of five kings so in a sense the TV show is right...

Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:43 pm
★wardens of the woody★

stryfe60 wrote:
Just wanted to say that in A Dance with Dragons --- Kevan Lannister wonders about the fact that the lannisters do not have enough money due to the war of five kings so in a sense the TV show is right...

Yes and no. He ponders whether he would have to resort to dipping into the Lannister coffers.
Kevan wrote:
Unless a new source of coin could be found, or the Iron Bank persuaded to relent, he would have no choice but to pay the crown’s debts with Lannister gold. He dare not resort to new taxes, not with the Seven Kingdoms crawling with rebellion. Half the lords in the realm could not tell taxation from tyranny, and would bolt to the nearest usurper in a heartbeat if it would save them a clipped copper.

My interpretation of this is that the Lannister treasury has been relatively untouched, it is the crown that has been incurring debts and going bankrupt.

Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:54 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Shellfish wrote:
stryfe60 wrote:

Yes and no. He ponders whether he would have to resort to dipping into the Lannister coffers.
Kevan wrote:
Unless a new source of coin could be found, or the Iron Bank persuaded to relent, he would have no choice but to pay the crown’s debts with Lannister gold. He dare not resort to new taxes, not with the Seven Kingdoms crawling with rebellion. Half the lords in the realm could not tell taxation from tyranny, and would bolt to the nearest usurper in a heartbeat if it would save them a clipped copper.

My interpretation of this is that the Lannister treasury has been relatively untouched, it is the crown that has been incurring debts and going bankrupt.

Agreed. I believe Tyrion asks Tywin if the Lannisters would forgive the crown's debt and Twyin just says don't be foolish.

Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:17 am
house smallwoody

This episode made me feel kind of awkward...like being part of a bad blind date or sitting in a theatre watching an Adam Sandler comedy. The hosts seemed almost unsure of what to say or when to talk...hopefully it's rustiness like they said and not a lack of interest in podcasting anymore together.

I'm starting to really enjoy the Wolfcast, Dragoncast and Krakencast Vassals episode reviews...the hosts seem to have great enthusiasm for the material and seem to really click with each other and the conversations are genuinely funny. Watch out APOIAF...you have some usurpers on your tail!

Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:04 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

yeah, i think it has just been a while since we all sat down together for a recording- i know i was personally rustier than i expected going into this. dude behind me replacing all my carpets and shooting me weird, furtive looks did not help the cause.

to have usurpers, we'd have to have the crown. and i think we all know house manwoody is a black sheep family. :3

Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:09 am
Profile WWW
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

I actually loved this episode! Maybe not as polished as some, but that's not why I listen. To me it had the vibe of a Wofcast (which I adore) in that it seemed like good friends goofing around enjoying ASOIAF and each other's company. It was so great to hear Mimi and Ashley again (yay!!) and to be let in on all the inside jokes. Keep it up guys! <3<3<3

claudiusthefool wrote:
Goddsmut!

Shellfish wrote:
This pleases me.

Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:50 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

mimi wrote:
yeah, i think it has just been a while since we all sat down together for a recording- i know i was personally rustier than i expected going into this. dude behind me replacing all my carpets and shooting me weird, furtive looks did not help the cause.

to have usurpers, we'd have to have the crown. and i think we all know house manwoody is a black sheep family. :3

haha the next time you have your stuff seen to by a professional person, you should totes set up a podcast session where by everyone addresses you as "Queen Mimi" or "Your Grace".

"The Vassals have been growing increasingly restless, Your Grace."
"I believe the phrase Fuck The Queen was uttered."
"Disgraceful!"

www.eeriepresence.com

Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:10 pm
★wardens of the woody★

mimi wrote:

It's funny, I really loved it. It reminded me of how much I love the podcast, especially when the four of you are altogether. It was casual and fun and had the perfect tone!

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]