View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
Ice and Fire Con 2015 
Site Admin

claudiusthefool wrote:
Ashley wrote:
Think small dorm room for the wagon. I don't see it fitting 4 men, 3 more like and you won't want to just hang out there, but you really don't do any room con at ravenwood

Yeah when I called they said it "sleeps" 4, but from the pics it looks pretty small. Also I wasn't sure about a bathroom, but apparently it is an outhouse situation. So yeah...yay?

You have keys to a separate washroom out there that has regular indoor toilet and shower. Just have to walk over to it rather than having it be part of the wagon.

Is every listener from last year going again this year? What is our list of attendees?

Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:26 pm
Profile WWW
mrs. sandor clegane

the wagon washrooms were fine. not outhousey at all.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:37 am
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

Cool. I'm just happy I got a room on site. Last year when I called they still had five castle rooms and a bunch of cottages available. This year it was like 10:05AM and all they had left were two wagons.

I understand that people who helped get it going get first dibs, but maybe after a few years they'll open it up to everyone as it seems kind of exclusive.

House Words: "I'm in as long as I don't have to edit."

Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:43 am
house tinywoody lord

My wife and I are going to attend, I am a long time listener. Would love to get Jerseys/shirts whatever. We failed for the Ravenwood but got a cabin down the road.

Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Looks like we'll have a solid APOIAF contingent. Does this mean we have to come up with chants and songs like the Stag Bros did last year?

Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:58 pm
house micro-woody☹

I'm hoping to be there again. I got tickets but no room, so right now I'm just hoping it works out. :)

Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:23 pm
team amin

claudiusthefool wrote:
Looks like we'll have a solid APOIAF contingent. Does this mean we have to come up with chants and songs like the Stag Bros did last year?

I fully support anthems and swag. 8-)

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:32 pm
Site Admin

Betsy wrote:
I'm hoping to be there again. I got tickets but no room, so right now I'm just hoping it works out. :)

Almost certainly people will cancel and both tickets and rooms will become available between now and May, you just have to keep following the website and in particular the facebook group for the convention. Even if that doesn't happen, pretty sure you can find someone looking for roommates.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

claudiusthefool wrote:

I think APOIAF jerseys are a worthy investment, if you want to start to looking into options like you guys did for the tshirt planning last year.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:09 am
Profile WWW
house manwoody

How is the feast? There's only without feasts tickets left, and I'm vegan anyway, so I was thinking of just buying the without feast, instead of hoping to find someone who didn't want to go who has a feast ticket.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:24 am
team stannis

The food is fine. Nothing special. Not certain on the vegan options.
More missing out on the sitting down talking over food with people than the food itself.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:29 am
house tinywoody lord

Ravenwood recommended I call Honey Fork Cabins which is about a 8 minute drive according to Ravenwood. I called and was able to get a cabin form my wife and I, you may want to try booking there as a back up and hope something comes free at Ravenwood.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:21 pm
Site Admin

There will probably be trivia during the dinner so you would only miss part of the dinner chat anyway. The feast is just an nice bonus, not required.

I would do whatever possible to find a room to share at ravenwood, honey forks works as a backup, but again, you don't want to be driving there late at night on Friday or saturday (however, the main difficulty is driving down the hill, which you have to go down anyway to get to the cabins, after that it is flat road to get to honey forks, so not much difference between cabins and honey forks really, unless honey forks has its own crazy road). Things should open more closer to the date with roommates finding here (https://www.facebook.com/groups/iceandfirecon/), I am certain that there will still be people looking for roommates.

Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
team stannis

claudiusthefool wrote:
It is going to be May 15-17, 2015.

Is it May yet?

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:43 pm

Anyone want to try to coordinate cosplay? I'm really loving some of these characters from TWOIAF. I've never cosplayed before, but I figure with a steady flow of beers in me I won't be too embarrassed.

I figure there's enough time to prepare.

Anyone planning anything particular yet?

Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:25 am
house micro-woody lord

I'm doing a 9 mistresses of Aegon IV group so far. Haha

Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:34 am

Nice. I don't think that will work for me unless he was into guys on the side. Judging from his wives I would say no (I haven't read that section yet though).

Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:40 am
team stannis

I'd be willing to coordinate.

I'll bring my Stannis for one day and was considering
Spoiler: show
Mushroom
but would prefer to do an APoIaF one instead if there is interest.

Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:10 am
★wardens of the woody★

I'll reprise my Illyrio, and I was thinking about trying to add Aegon IV, since there's some natural overlap there (i.e. being fat, blond and bearded). If there's someone else who'd fit that, I'd be happy to take a shot at it.

Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:10 pm
Site Admin

I'm still trying to figure out a good cosplay that I can produce with my still limited costuming skills. I can always reprise my Lord Manwoody role from last year, but I would like to add a secondary option.

Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
house greyjoy

Going this year! Got tickets (without the east) and luckily a room share. :)

Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:56 pm
Site Admin

Let's get eveyone signed up in the google doc so we have a full list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I can submit to the con and try to get us a private room e.g. the library area for the APOIAF panel. That way we can all chat without the background noise.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
house tinywoody lord

I am not sure if you just wanted folks to put their names on the spreadsheet if attending or if it is strictly looking for roommates. I assumed it was both and added my wife and I, but we do not need a room.

P.S are you still looking to get group t shirts or has that ship sailed!

Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:39 pm

I still think we are doing shirts. I organized the t-shirts last year and there was some talk about doing jerseys this year, but I haven't started making designs yet. I'll start on that soon as it is coming up. I used customink for the shirts last year. Let me know if anyone has a template that they like or a particular jersey.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:51 pm
Site Admin

Yes, the spreedsheet is for keeping track of who is attending, even if you don't need a room or roommates.

We should do jerseys this time around. Looking to get some submissions soon here so we can get it ready on time.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Any discussion/news about Mimi or Kyle attending?

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:43 pm
Site Admin

Mordion wrote:
Any discussion/news about Mimi or Kyle attending?

I would think Kyle's schedule would be hard to predict until closer to the event. He also has the furthest to fly out there. I have room in my suite and wouldn't mind covering the accomodations part if that is what it took to get them out there (if they don't mind sleeping on sleeping bags or air mattresses).

Mimi I am not sure about her schedule, but surely any encouragement from you about how great the convention was last year may help. It would be great for all 4 of us to meet somewhere, and this seems to be the best opportunity for a meetup in a central location.

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:48 pm
Profile WWW
house tinywoody lord

What is the procedure for signing up for some of the events such as the board game tournament.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:04 pm

I believe as it gets close the organizers will send out an email with all the events and signups. At least I remember that from last year. Also that's where you choose what meals you want for lunch and all that stuff.

Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:24 pm
house tinywoody lord

Good to know there are choices. Is it good Dornish cuisine or that peasant food from the Iron Isles?

Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next