View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Ice and Fire Con 2015 
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

I'm thinking of maybe doing some Wyman Manderly cosplay for Ice and Fire Con. I've no real experience aside from a few Halloween costumes, but any suggestions of places to get some Manderly garb? I'm not worried about hand-making it since I'm not gonna be competing in the costume contest. I'm sure I could just buy some Henry VIII type king clothes (very specific I know). I think all I need is a green/blue tunic and some ermine trim. Hopefully it won't be too hot. I can supply the pies and I can buy some Merman pendant/badges somewhere I'm sure. I should also start growing my beard out as well.

House Words: "I'm in as long as I don't have to edit."

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:28 am
team stannis

Lord Too Fat base costume.

Any interest in House Forrester cosplay? I would love to do cell shade makeup but I really don't have the skill or courage.
I am going to reprise my Stannis but was thinking of a second (group?) option.

Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:41 am
Site Admin

claudiusthefool wrote:
I still think we are doing shirts. I organized the t-shirts last year and there was some talk about doing jerseys this year, but I haven't started making designs yet. I'll start on that soon as it is coming up. I used customink for the shirts last year. Let me know if anyone has a template that they like or a particular jersey.

Shirt you made last year was good:
http://www.customink.com/signup/6uxux00j
http://i.imgur.com/c68H4Pm.png

I would think the front should be the same/similar, open to suggestions there and for the back as well - should be number on the back I suppose?

Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:47 am
Profile WWW
house mormont

I am definitely in for a jersey. Where do I need to sign up? Thanks!

Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:42 pm

Cosplay related question. Are we sure that Wyman Manderly had a beard? I can't find much physical descriptions of him in the book except for him being fat and jowly, but in the FFG game painting he is clean-shaven, but it most others he is bearded or goateed. Thoughts?

I've got a pretty good description of his outfit from Davos III in ADWD: “His velvet doublet was a soft blue-green, embroidered with golden thread at hem and sleeves and collar. His mantle was ermine, pinned at the shoulder with a golden trident.”

I found this on eBay. Not trimmed in ermine, but maybe I can get someone to do that:

Blue Renaissance Doublet

Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:47 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I'm thinking of coming now and driving from Kalamazoo, MI. Looks like there are still a few non-feast tickets available and a few people from the podcast community who could use a roommate. (Since I've gotten myself more to Wylis than Wyman size, I don't snore anymore.) I'd rather have the feast, I suppose if I buy non feast they'd probably let me upgrade if there was someone cancels.

"These wonderful narrations inspired me with strange feelings. Was man, indeed, at once so powerful, so virtuous and magnificent, yet so vicious and base? He appeared at one time a mere scion of the evil principle, and at another as all that can be conceived of noble and godlike."
—The Monster, from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:11 pm
Site Admin

witless chum wrote:
I'm thinking of coming now and driving from Kalamazoo, MI. Looks like there are still a few non-feast tickets available and a few people from the podcast community who could use a roommate. (Since I've gotten myself more to Wylis than Wyman size, I don't snore anymore.) I'd rather have the feast, I suppose if I buy non feast they'd probably let me upgrade if there was someone cancels.

Yeah, the feast is nice but it is only 1 hour out of the whole weekend.

Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:30 pm
Profile WWW

Ok, so I'm trying to finalize a jersey design. It looks like we can do individualized forum names/numbers on the backs, but the price will be higher than last year.

Names are an additional $4.50 per shirt and numbers are an additional $2.50 per shirt.

I just did a practice design with 6 orders and the shirts were $52.00 a piece. Also we can only have 2 colors per side on most of these jersey designs.

I'm gonna try to find a cheaper design/shirt. Let me know if anyone has suggestions for another site other than customink or experience making jerseys and ordering for groups.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:54 am
team stannis

I like the idea of fourm name and number but didn't think anyone else was into it.

Like I said I am not really a jersey guy but I am down for whatever the consensus is.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:21 am

To keep it cheaper we can just add names/numbers to the original design and shrink the graphics on the back. Here's an example:

ImageImage

Price goes up to about $31 per shirt from last year's $25. Still much better than $50. This price is with 10 people buying. The more we get, the cheaper it will be.

(Of course we'll have the 2015 Ice & Fire con logo. I'm just waiting to receive the updated logo from the organizers)

Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:07 am
team stannis

I'll wait for Mordion to comment and then just agree with him.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:31 am
Site Admin

I think I would prefer a jersey, though would be nice to get a lower price. Including the forum name or number within the overall image is not a bad idea. Is a preview option to see how the colours look?

Forum names is a good idea for shirt or jersey, either way. What do we do with the numbers? List your member registration number for the forums? Or List 1,2, or 3 (or I, II, III) for how many of the 3 podcast you have been on? (no 0s, because we'll assume people will take the initiative to guest host on VOK at some point).

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:33 am
Profile WWW

The jersey's have really limited color options. Just 2 colors per side. The shirts from last year used 7 colors on the front and 6 on the back. If we went with a jersey we would need to get that down to 2 on each side. T-shirts have more options.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:37 am
Site Admin

Would also need to drop the 2014 date on the logo for the convention, probably can just drop that line of text.

Well we could do shirts generally and perhaps I purchase a jersey myself since I already have a shirt? Is the $50 based on group sale or individual purchase?

Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
team stannis

I think in practice it looks a little crowded and too similar to last years.
I'll buy whatever just my $0.02

Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:42 pm

Amin wrote:
Would also need to drop the 2014 date on the logo for the convention, probably can just drop that line of text.

I emailed the organizers about the new logo. Just waiting to get the file with the updated date.

FTWard wrote:
I think in practice it looks a little crowded and too similar to last years.

Yeah I can see that. If anyone else wants to mess around with the template please do so. Customink is pretty easy to navigate. Here's a black version. I'm particular to black since we've already got white ones. I added "House Manwoody" to the front:

ImageImage

Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:03 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I think black looks better.

"These wonderful narrations inspired me with strange feelings. Was man, indeed, at once so powerful, so virtuous and magnificent, yet so vicious and base? He appeared at one time a mere scion of the evil principle, and at another as all that can be conceived of noble and godlike."
—The Monster, from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:13 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Casual third-party here with an aesthetic opinion. Maybe white on back instead of blue on black?

Fantasy Football Team: The Gay Abandon

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:24 pm
team stannis

Alias wrote:
Casual third-party here with an aesthetic opinion. Maybe white on back instead of blue on black?

It's white and gold :roll:

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:25 pm
★wardens of the woody★

FTWard wrote:
Alias wrote:

It's white and gold :roll:
Saw that coming. :lol:

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:28 pm

Alias wrote:

ImageImage

Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:51 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I agree with FTWard that the jersey-design-on-shirt is a little crowded looking. I also prefer black over white, and don't have a strong preference for jersey vs shirt. I will buy whatever we decide on.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:25 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I like the idea of names on the back, but no numbers.

Also, I don't know why I'm so invested in this.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:46 pm

If we take out the numbers I don't think it looks as crowded.

ImageImage

Also, all this design has got me thinking of VOK t-shirts. I think we should start getting a design down for them at some point. As long as we sell 15-20 they should be around $20 or so. But that can be a separate thread.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:00 pm
Site Admin

claudiusthefool wrote:

Also, all this design has got me thinking of VOK t-shirts. I think we should start getting a design down for them at some point. As long as we sell 15-20 they should be around $20 or so. But that can be a separate thread.

We would like to handle the distribution of VOK shirts or any shirts beyond the shirts being done for this specific convention. But we would be open to suggestions in terms of design for VOK shirts in a separate thread, yes.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

claudiusthefool wrote:

ImageImage

Looking pretty good! I guess we don't really need numbers on it.
I think the design for convention logo is the same except that it is black and white, I prefer last year's colour scheme, currently used on the shirt.

Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
house mormont

claudiusthefool wrote:

ImageImage

Is it possible to add numbers to just one of the shirts, if I want them and no one else is interested in them? Not that it matters, as I want one either way.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:20 am

It looks like we have to have a set template that can then adjust name/number. But not having a number is technically a different template. So you can have the design, but the price would be higher since technically you would only buying one shirt. Unless we do settle on the number option.

We're still debating, so let's see where we end up.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:30 am
house mormont

Got ya. I will buy whichever design is decided on, but I would prefer the jersey. :D

Fri Mar 13, 2015 12:42 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Amin wrote:
claudiusthefool wrote:

We would like to handle the distribution of VOK shirts or any shirts beyond the shirts being done for this specific convention. But we would be open to suggestions in terms of design for VOK shirts in a separate thread, yes.

You can count me in as a buyer.

Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 230 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next