View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 230 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Ice and Fire Con 2015 
Site Admin

A year way, but tickets and booking rooms will be happening sometime this summer. Worth seeing what our potential numbers are, so we can try to figure out roommates and book a certain area together. Either in the castle or the nearby village.

List your name in here if you are attending:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:52 am
Profile WWW
house manwoody

I am definitely interested. This is the first (and last :( ) summer I'll ever be free.

Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:45 pm
house payne

LordPrism wrote:
I am definitely interested. This is the first (and last :( ) summer I'll ever be free.

Well that's rather depressing. Are you planning to commit a grievous crime and be imprisoned on life sentence next year? Why would this be the last time you are ever free?

Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:19 pm
house manwoody

Pretty much. I will have just graduated from law school, but not started work yet. Once I do start...

Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:23 am
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

I know there were at least two attorneys at Ice and Fire Con 2014 so I hope your job doesn't preclude you from attending. Unless it is because it would be a conflict of interest of some sort.

I will definitely be there. Any news yest as to when tickets will go on sale. I think last year it was July for previous attendees and then August for everyone else.

House Words: "I'm in as long as I don't have to edit."

Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:02 am
house greyjoy

IN.

Count it.

Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:54 pm
house micro-woody☹

I will try.

I love you with a love that is stronger than death, and if sin is the price of binding us together, life after life across the ages, then I will sin joyfully and without regret, so that it brings me back to you.

Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:57 pm
team amin

Ha, I'm also an upcoming law school grad. I hope this won't be both my first and last year, but I definitely anticipate a tighter schedule in the upcoming years. I'm 100% coming in 2015 and I'd be interested in splitting a room or atleast joining House Manwoody in a particular section of lodging.

Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:58 pm

I just checked the Ice and Fire Con website and apparently the tickets for 2015 will be on sale a little later than last year. As of now it just says "Tickets will go on Sale in the Fall" so check back. Last year they went on sale in July and August for old attendees/new attendees.

But once we have a date we should definitely start to see what the best option rooming-wise is for everyone. Personally I think the castle is the best bet. I know it is a little more expensive, but if you are splitting a suite between 3 or 4 people it's not that bad. And plus you are at the center of most of the events and don't need to walk/drive to your lodging after drinking/playing board games.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:21 am
Site Admin

claudiusthefool wrote:
I just checked the Ice and Fire Con website and apparently the tickets for 2015 will be on sale a little later than last year. As of now it just says "Tickets will go on Sale in the Fall" so check back. Last year they went on sale in July and August for old attendees/new attendees.

But once we have a date we should definitely start to see what the best option rooming-wise is for everyone. Personally I think the castle is the best bet. I know it is a little more expensive, but if you are splitting a suite between 3 or 4 people it's not that bad. And plus you are at the center of most of the events and don't need to walk/drive to your lodging after drinking/playing board games.

Yeah, I recommend the castle as well, that is better than the distance to the cabins below.

Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:42 pm
Profile WWW
team amin

claudiusthefool wrote:

Castle sounds good for me, I don't mind paying a bit more for convenience.

Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:09 am
Site Admin

I will probably go for Rapunzel Tower as it is the cheapest and furthest away from the bar noise in the castle. It just has the one bed, so I'll look for one roommate who can bring their own air mattress or sleeping bag.

http://www.ravenwoodcastle.com/room/rapunzels-tower

Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
house manwoody

How does it work? DO you buy your accommodation when you get your ticket? How early do you have to book to get in the castle?

Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:21 pm

From last year I don't think you're supposed to book an accommodation before buying tickets. Although tickets aren't going on sale until the fall this year.

Also only one person needs to actually book the room. Then you can work it out with your roommates to pay you. Ravenwood just needs a person count per room. Everyone needs to buy a ticket through ice and fire con though.

I had the Shakespeare suite last year and it could easily sleep 3 or 4 people.

And Ravenwood supplies the air mattresses if you request one.

Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:45 pm
house micro-woody lord

I also recommend either the castle rooms or the cottages, since they both are in or very near to the action. I stayed in the Queen Elizabeth and even had a bit of service (Ravenwood is pretty a dead zone).

Also you can't book until you have a ticket to the con and it can be a little stressful, so I would suggest joining the Ice and Fire Convention FB group as they have an area where people can discuss ride and room shares.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:54 am
team amin

Yeah I'd definitely be fine with an air mattress in one of the suites. It looks like they announced the ticket sale date as October 1st.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:23 pm

I still don't see a date on the facebook page or on iceandfirecon.com. It still says check back in the Fall. Either way it looks like we've got plenty of time to organize before the tickets go on sale.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:38 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

i'm gonna make it to this one, i think!

Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

mimi wrote:
i'm gonna make it to this one, i think!

Great :D

Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:25 am
Profile WWW
team stannis

Paging Kyle...

Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:22 am
Site Admin

Looks like tickets will officially go on sale on October 1st (same day for booking hotel right after you get your ticket)

Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:52 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Have they announced dates yet? Because I'm graduating college so I'll be a bit busy for a big chunk of May, but if it's afterwards I would love to go!

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:56 am

It is going to be May 15-17, 2015.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:32 am
team amin

Amin wrote:
Looks like tickets will officially go on sale on October 1st (same day for booking hotel right after you get your ticket)

Is it usually a 12:01am on the day of sort of thing or will they announce a specific time tickets will open up? (Ex: 5:00pm on 10/1). I assume if they will announce a specific time, they will only do so closer to the ticket sale date.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:25 pm
team stannis

Amin wrote:

Is this for returning people or wide open?
I am sheltered as you handled the details last year...

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:50 pm
Site Admin

Exact time and details will be released before then. Everyone who purchases their ticket and books their room on October 1st should really be able to get in, leaving it later than that day would be a risk for any large group and the best remaining locations may be booked, so all attendancea nd roommate plans should be resolved before Oct 1.

There are always a couple of cancellations during the course of the year.

FTWard wrote:
Amin wrote:

Is this for returning people or wide open?
I am sheltered as you handled the details last year...

If you want to be my roommate again for this year, then I believe you'll be able to get your ticket early again (would need to bring an air mattress or see if we can get one from Ravenwood). If you plan to book your own room, would have to be Oct 1st (only 2013 returners have the chance to book earlier).

Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:16 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Here is a google document for planning out roommate groups:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

By mid September, all the rooms that would be booked before Oct 1 would probably be taken, so looking at Ravenwood's listings then will help you finalize plans for booking rooms. But can start to create roommate groups right now for an ideal situation, anyway (most of the returning guests often go to the cottages, so the castle rooms will probably be more available, but we'll see the listings in September).

Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:24 am
Profile WWW

So am I to understand that only 2013 attendees get to purchase tickets early? Everyone else has to buy them when they go on sale on October 1st?

Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:50 am
★wardens of the woody★

Crap the 15th-17th? Well I'll have to go to 2016 then :(

Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:41 am
Site Admin

claudiusthefool wrote:
So am I to understand that only 2013 attendees get to purchase tickets early? Everyone else has to buy them when they go on sale on October 1st?

Yes. But there is a chance it could be open slightly earlier than Oct 1st, so keep an eye on this thread and the website.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:06 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 230 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next