View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
When did you start to listen to the podcast? 

1st half of 2008 - Ep. 01-10 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
2nd half of 2008 - Ep. 11-19 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
1st half of 2009 - Ep. 20-27 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
2nd half of 2009/ Jan. 2010 - Ep. 27-32 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
After the long hiatus (Dec. 2010) / Pre-Season 1 (2011) - Ep. 34-46 16%  16%  [ 15 ]
Season 1 Reviews - Ep. 47-60 10%  10%  [ 9 ]
2nd half of 2011 / ADWD Release - Ep. 61-66 12%  12%  [ 11 ]
Pre-Season 2 (2012) - Ep. 67-71 10%  10%  [ 9 ]
Season 2 Reviews - Ep. 72-81 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
2nd half of 2012 - Ep. 82-95 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Pre-Season 3 (2013) - Ep. 96-100 8%  8%  [ 7 ]
Season 3 Reviews - Ep. 101-(?) 13%  13%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 93

podcast historian

I know we already have such a topic, but I'd like to know how many of you became bannermen of House Manwoody before the series and such things? I tried to somehow link the different timespans to events in the asoiaf-fandom. That should help you remembering when you came here...

As I have already told on Ep. 93 I think my first episode was Ep. 43 (with Marko of WiC).

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:36 am
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

When I started listening the Guys Night Out (66) was up top, though I went straight to the archives. Because there was only sporadic releases during that time, by the time I finished them all it was the Canadian Edition (67) up top. :)

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:01 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I don't really remember when I started, I have an email from July of '09 that references an earlier voicemail. I'm going to claim first half of 2009, it could've been a bit earlier, but I think it's probably accurate.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:09 pm
Site Admin

jesicka309 wrote:
When I started listening the Guys Night Out (66) was up top, though I went straight to the archives. Because there was only sporadic releases during that time, by the time I finished them all it was the Canadian Edition (67) up top. :)

66 is guys night in :geek:

Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:23 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

I can actually remember the exact day I started to listed. It was after visiting my new niece on her birthday, Jan 12, 2012.I told my brother how I was so into this book series and in the last couple of chapters of ADWD, but I wasn't sure if I should splurge on a book on tape just for the drive home. He told me, "Leni, don't you ever listen to podcasts? You could probably find a good one that's free." Best advice he ever gave me. :D

Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:26 pm
podcast historian

Thank you everybody so far - hopefully more people will participate.

Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:01 am
Profile WWW
littlefingerlick.gif

I started listening with the season 1 review episodes, If I remember correctly I found game of thrones on iTunes when the first two episodes were released, I bought them both, than bought all of the books a few days later and I started listening to the Winter is Coming review episode a couple of days after that... So yeah, I immersed myself pretty quickly.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:30 pm
house manwoody knight

Pretty sure it was somewhere around early(-ish) 2012.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

i'm about to start listening any day now.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:13 am
Profile WWW
house tinywoody mongoballer

I think it was for the blackwater episode.

I thought every episode would be 3 hours long. I was a bit disappointed when i found out it wasn't like that. I can't get enough manwoody

House MorningWoody "First to rise"

Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:14 pm
house micro-woody☹

I started with episode 1 about a month ago (Mar 2013). as of this posting I've listened to every episode up to 81 :D

Wed May 08, 2013 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
house micro-woody lord

First time I met with the podcast was when I saw Ashley cooking :D

Tue May 14, 2013 11:34 am
house tinywoody lord

Just discovered it a few weeks ago, really enjoy it.

Fri May 17, 2013 4:17 pm
★wardens of the woody★

fred wrote:
Just discovered it a few weeks ago, really enjoy it.

Welcome fred!!

Fri May 17, 2013 9:09 pm
house micro-woody☹

Hey all, I'm new to the forums, but a long time listener to the podcast. I started with episode 1 I think about a year before Dance of Dragons came out. I had never really never been to any of the forum sites so I picked up all the stuff I missed on my first read from the podcast (Renly being gay).

All I want to say is please keep up with the podcast. Its been a great ride and thanks guys for the countless hours of entertainment!

Tue May 21, 2013 8:32 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

I started listening to the podcast about a month ago starting with episode 1. I am now on episode 29.

Wed May 22, 2013 7:36 pm
podcast historian

DireWolfOfTheNorth wrote:
I started listening to the podcast about a month ago starting with episode 1. I am now on episode 29.

Then lots of greatness and fun still lies in front of you! Welcome!

Wed May 22, 2013 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
house micro-woody☹

I didn't find the podcast until a week or so ago. I watched the first season on HBO and couldn't wait to find out what happens to these characters so I bought ad read all of the books before season 2. I've been lurking/somewhat-active on the asoiaf and gameofthrones subreddits. I don't recall exactly, but I believe I followed a link in a reddit comment that lead me to the podcast. Since then I've listened to the first 20 episodes straight through, as well as a smattering of in between episodes (mostly guys/girls night out) along with the current episode reviews for season 3.

Thu May 23, 2013 9:49 am
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

I started listening pre-season 2, I think it was around February 2012 after reading A Feast for Crows. I started with episode 1 and listened to 61 episodes, either I finished the book before I had listened to the 61 episodes or I had listened to the 61 episodes and I had not finished reading ADWD because there was a week gap before I could listen to episode 62.

Thu May 23, 2013 4:04 pm
house manwoody lord

I started listening just after the long hiatus ended.

Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:45 pm
house micro-woody☹

I remember when there were less than 25 episodes. I had listened to a couple then, but then came the hiatus and I didn't start to listen again until just a couple months ago and started over from the beginning.
You guys get me through my work days. [x

Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:26 am
house micro-woody lord

I started at the first one.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:19 pm
house bolton

I'm not 100% sure, but it was a good long while ago, I'm thinking around episode 15-ish, possibly earlier.

"No tales were ever told of me. Do you think I would be sitting here if it were otherwise? Your amusements are your own, I will not chide you on that count, but you must be more discreet. A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule. Make it yours."

Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:02 am
house micro-woody☹

I started a few months ago through a podcast app after finishing Dance, and am now going back through older episodes. Its really lending me some well needed distraction from a recent breakup (on top of my aging parents failing health), but I was already into it enough that when my sudden ex told me as consolation I'd made him laugh more than any other girl my first thought was "great, I'm the funny whore."

So hi, and thanks for letting me be a social voyeur. After hours and hours and hours of listening, seeing an email from mimi@podcastoficeandfire confirming my registration was kinda neat.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:08 am
podcast historian

Househighheel wrote:
I started a few months ago through a podcast app after finishing Dance, and am now going back through older episodes. Its really lending me some well needed distraction from a recent breakup (on top of my aging parents failing health), but I was already into it enough that when my sudden ex told me as consolation I'd made him laugh more than any other girl my first thought was "great, I'm the funny whore."

So hi, and thanks for letting me be a social voyeur. After hours and hours and hours of listening, seeing an email from mimi@podcastoficeandfire confirming my registration was kinda neat.

Welcome - everytime somebody writes you a PM here you'll get a "mimi" mail!

Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:26 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Househighheel wrote:

My first auto-generated Mimi mail gave me a little thrill too :)

Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:39 am
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

My first episode was Tyrion the Catcher which was a huge two part episode (3 or 4 I believe and more than 3 hours combined!). It was thoroughly unprofessional and full of sex jokes and innuendo. It was brilliant and exactly what I was looking for!

Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:49 pm
house tinywoody lord

Just started reading the books for the 2nd time and wanted a podcast that discusses the chapters & events as I read them. I tried one other one (unspoiled) but that was kinda boring. I started with this podcast episode 13 and like what I'm hearing so far. I like that it's a fairly big group discussion with lots of different opinions and views. So far (i'm on episode 20) Mimi seems to do most of the talking so I'm hoping that as the podcast develops the rest of the group will be more outgoing. Tho it seems half the people that started with it are gone.

The first time I read the books I didn't look at any online opinions so I could form my own first. I got the R+L = J on my own (not too hard, tho). I think I rushed it too much the first time around as I was so excited to see what was going to happen. Now i'm going slower and paying attention to the detail and reading between the lines. Fun to look at the crazy theories out there too!

"I ..., hear the crack of leathern wings..." -Maester Aemon. ...his heart was listening for the beat of leathern wings (Tyrion)
First chapters of A Dance with Dragons: Tyrion, Daenerys, Jon "The dragon has three heads"

Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:01 pm
house micro-woody☹

I first found you a few weeks ago, when Aziz guest hosted, he/HoW posted about that episode on Facebook. Listened to the last 20 episodes in the RSS, then started from the beginning, ep. 22 atm.
Husband refuses to read the books so I love having someone talk at me about ASOIAF ;D

Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:43 am
house blackwoody lord

I'm not 100% sure anymore cause it's been a while, but I started when there were few enough episodes for me to say "I'll just start with episode 1", so I'm not 100% sure which one was the newest one at that time. It was definitely in 2008 though. Then I stopped listening for a couple of months, and got back into it in 2010 when I had my final exams at school and was in desperate need of procrastination, so I listened to all the new episodes that had come out since I stopped listening, and then I went back and relistened to all episodes twice.
I only properly joined the forum this year though.
I found the hiatus nearly as painful as the wait for ADwD = P

Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next