View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Episode 155: Comic-Con Casserole 
Site Admin

George enjoys the second MS Paint project art book.

A couple samples from the many photos taken by the staff person at the Sunday signing with George and Mike S. Miller at the Comixology booth (morning after the dinner with George)

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:05 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

It's finally done! Nice touch with the epic music. :lol:

Was very fun to hear about your comic con experiences. Those stories of how you all dropped everything and rushed to George's hotel were hilarious and weirdly heart-warming. :D

I'll shamefully admit that I was one of those people that looked ahead to that Bran chapter to ensure their survival. :oops:

Fantasy Football Team: The Gay Abandon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:11 am
house manwoody knight

OMG, I was so excited about the meeting with George, I was just walking around in the house with this smile on my face doing absolutely nothing but listening to the podcast and my room mate had to ask me a couple of times if I was ok. This might've been the happiest I've felt for someone other than my family. In fact, I'm still smiling, so this episode might've induced an endorphin overdose.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:43 am
brotherhood without banners

yaaayy, you guys made it through "A Crown of Kings" :P .

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:08 am
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:16 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

OMFG! George knows about the existence of Cockenymoot?! Thank you Mimi!

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:07 am
★wardens of the woody★

I am literally dying this is so exciting

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:57 am
house manwoody knight

LordManderBlee wrote:
I am literally dying this is so exciting

Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:29 am
♬ podcast bard ♬

Bina007 wrote:

Whoop whoop ! My maester gerardis fantasy inches closer still to reality :-)
This episode made me feel all warm and fuzzy and a bit squiffey, I'm so chuffed for you guys

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:16 am
team stannis

Apparently mudita is the opposite of schadenfreude.
This emotion is new to my tiny black heart but I think that is what I am feeling.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:49 am
Site Admin

btw there is the chance that George or Raya may glance at this episode, so if you could copy your relevant comments over there as well it would help in terms of number of comments :ugeek:

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Bina007 wrote:

Mimi mentioned cockneymoot, I was quick to mention that there were also meetups in Australia, US, Indonesia (I wasn't sure if it's been held yet but I know it is in the planning) and several other countries :geek:

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:21 am
Profile WWW

Amin wrote:
Mimi mentioned cockneymoot, I was quick to mention that there were also meetups in Australia, US, Indonesia (I wasn't sure if it's been held yet but I know it is in the planning) and several other countries :geek:

Thanks Amin!
:feathered:

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:24 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody lord

Omg, can A Crown of Kings become Canon? Couldn't Tell is Ashley was being funny on purpose or not, haha XD

But well done guys on finishing ACOK!

Are you guys going to move ahead to ASOS, or are you going to do some side episodes as a "recap" breather?

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:44 pm
team stannis

Quote:
Was that a jape? With Ashley, it was hard to tell.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:48 pm
★wardens of the woody★

That's no tub.

Fantasy Football Team: The Gay Abandon

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:55 pm
team stannis

Alias wrote:
That's no tub.

Ashley refers to a "case of baseballs" in this cast but I thought a plastic bag full of dirty old base/softballs looked funnier.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:31 pm
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

NickSnow wrote:
Omg, can A Crown of Kings become Canon? Couldn't Tell is Ashley was being funny on purpose or not, haha XD

But well done guys on finishing ACOK!

Are you guys going to move ahead to ASOS, or are you going to do some side episodes as a "recap" breather?

see, that inside joke totally went over my head. i thought she was pulling a chris, who had momentarily had trouble remembering the title of the fourth book (i miss that dude).

Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Great episode guys. You guys meeting George was well deserved and I get it that you couldn't report more on it, it's a shame for the listeners but sounds like it was so chill we probably would've just heard George's outlook on our awful NY Giants. It's awesome that you guys could've just met him and not pressed him about his books. Amin were you totally in a full body sweat waiting in line while food sick? Your story almost gave me an anxiety attack, I wouldn't have dealt with it half so well. Kyle if you made it to the AMC party did you talk to Chris from Nerdist? My other fave podcast and if you guys were on it I think that mash up would melt my brain. Mimi and Ashley you were both awesome in your own ways. Mimi with you who gives a fuck I just met GRRM and he laughed at my jokes and Ashley being awesome at signing off. Seriously you are too (almost said wicked, stupid boston) hard on yourself. Sorry for the forum typing diarrhea comes from listening after too many after work drinks.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:18 pm
for my freckles, your grace

Varley wrote:
Great episode guys. You guys meeting George was well deserved and I get it that you couldn't report more on it, it's a shame for the listeners but sounds like it was so chill we probably would've just heard George's outlook on our awful NY Giants. It's awesome that you guys could've just met him and not pressed him about his books. Amin were you totally in a full body sweat waiting in line while food sick? Your story almost gave me an anxiety attack, I wouldn't have dealt with it half so well. Kyle if you made it to the AMC party did you talk to Chris from Nerdist? My other fave podcast and if you guys were on it I think that mash up would melt my brain. Mimi and Ashley you were both awesome in your own ways. Mimi with you who gives a fuck I just met GRRM and he laughed at my jokes and Ashley being awesome at signing off. Seriously you are too (almost said wicked, stupid boston) hard on yourself. Sorry for the forum typing diarrhea comes from listening after too many after work drinks.

I didn't met Chris. Or maybe I did and I just didn't realize it was him. I'll have to look up a pic of him or if you've got one handy slap it on here.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Kyle wrote:
Varley wrote:

I didn't met Chris. Or maybe I did and I just didn't realize it was him. I'll have to look up a pic of him or if you've got one handy slap it on here.

Unless you mean Chris Hardwick, then no I definitely did not meet him.

www.MADCANARD.com

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:50 pm
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

Varley wrote:

That's funny, cause as Amin was talking about how the conversation flowed so naturally it totally made me think of Nerdist! Ugh, if only they could've recorded!

claudiusthefool wrote:
Goddsmut!

Shellfish wrote:
This pleases me.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:54 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Kyle wrote:
Kyle wrote:
Varley wrote:

Unless you mean Chris Hardwick, then no I definitely did not meet him.

Bummer!

Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:58 pm
★wardens of the woody★

amberrocks wrote:
Varley wrote:

That's funny, cause as Amin was talking about how the conversation flowed so naturally it totally made me think of Nerdist! Ugh, if only they could've recorded!

I know right? But for the lords of house manwoody who have brought us so much amazing free shit that is like the BEST payment, off the clock with George.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:01 pm

I am curious if they hit you with any ground rules going into the evening with George. "Don't ask him about this, and don't talk about that, and don't ask him to sign the other boob so they match, and for the love of god don't suggest that he write faster!" Your gentlemanly agreement to keep it off the record does make me start wondering if there are any loopholes in that to get details, like if one of us interviewed one of the three of you, and it became a VoK because then it wouldn't technically be an episode of the podcast proper, and if you could only answer in hypotheticals because it's only how you think a dinner with GRRM might go, and your voices could be digitally altered so it can't be traced back to you...

:P

Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:45 pm

mrkorb wrote:
I am curious if they hit you with any ground rules going into the evening with George. "Don't ask him about this, and don't talk about that, and don't ask him to sign the other boob so they match, and for the love of god don't suggest that he write faster!" Your gentlemanly agreement to keep it off the record does make me start wondering if there are any loopholes in that to get details, like if one of us interviewed one of the three of you, and it became a VoK because then it wouldn't technically be an episode of the podcast proper, and if you could only answer in hypotheticals because it's only how you think a dinner with GRRM might go, and your voices could be digitally altered so it can't be traced back to you...

:P

:shock:

www.MADCANARD.com

Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:02 pm

Great episode my friends. I was cracking up listening to your Con experiences. That's great that you guys got to sit down with GRRM and well deserved. Still unsure if the bigger achievement was dinner with George or finally making it through Clash :P

I didn't go this year but I grew up in San Diego and used to go every year. It was only a 5-6 years ago when you could get into a Hall H panel with a few hours of wait at most. You used to be able to walk right in. I heard the lines this year were worse than ever by far with people lining up earlier than ever. I know they started maxing out on capacity in 2007-2008 but they must be selling more badges because it gets worse every year. There is a ton of fun stuff to do in and around the Con that doesn't require an eight hour wait in line. I was never into the whole lining up before dawn thing because I'd rather be heading to the beach to catch the morning surf and all the big panels are posted online anyway.

-Adam

"You know what? My dad has gout. He's not stupid". -Bina

Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:29 pm

Thanks for getting this one out so fast, probably the most highly anticipated APOIAF in history!

For some reason the idea of Drogon "yelling" is absolutely hilarious to me :lol: "Mom, Rhaegal ate the lamb I was saving! God, he's such a jerk!"

Loved not one, but two references to chihuahuas, personally my favoritest buddies ever :mrgreen:

Ashley doing the closing really is THE most adorable thing ever! And while I'm so sad she couldn't be there, it is kind of nice to have a proxy for us smallfolk there on the podcast, to make sure we get as many details as possible!

And hearing about Mimi's bathroom stall phone call from Santa Fe gave me actual goosebumps! You guys really did House Manwoody proud! I love that you were able to just be cool and treat George with the respect and empathy he deserves, I can't imagine how hard that would! Chances are good I would've just curled up around his feet and been dragged off by security :cry:

(And nice job Leigh, kudos!)

claudiusthefool wrote:
Goddsmut!

Shellfish wrote:
This pleases me.

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Loved this episode. Congrats on finally finishing Clash. I agree with Amin though, what's the rush?

Also lay off the Amin 90s references with VCRs and Frasier. You're making me feel old and i'm only 29!

But seriously. That was freaking amazing that you three got to meet GRRM and I think the fact that it was just for who was there with no recordings and photos makes it super special and almost better if it was instagrammed and tweeted all over the place (sorry I don't really speak social media lingo).

I'm honored that our donations went to paying for George's dinner.

Also I know everyone wanted a video of you all hanging out with George, but I want a video of Mimi "punching nerds" in her haste to get to GRRM.

Glad GRRM is aware of your roles as ASOIAF podcast pioneers and how devoted you are to the fandom.

There were a bunch of moments in this one where I was laughing along with you and I know its weird, but I've been listening to you for years and it feels like I was sharing in your enjoyment of the whole situation (I hope that doesn't sound too weird).

House Words: "I'm in as long as I don't have to edit."

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:16 pm

Dawwwwww love you all House Manwoody!

www.MADCANARD.com

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next