View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
House Manwoody: Boston Chapter aka Beantown Moot 
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

Tickets are on sale to see Nick Offerman in A Confederacy of Dunces at Boston's Huntington Theater (Nov 11th - Dec 13th). I'm definitely gonna go, probably to a Thursday show. Any other Vassals planning on going? Maybe scheduling a meetup around it if possible?

http://www.huntingtontheatre.org/season ... HwodWysGDw

Maybe do a VOK Book Club on Confederacy of Dunces sometime before.

House Words: "I'm in as long as I don't have to edit."

Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:51 am
★wardens of the woody★

Wow that's far ahead planning but most likely I'll be around to moot it up.

Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:18 am
podcast doctor

I'm sure I can make it as well

Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:04 am
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

Um, I'll be stalking :cry:

claudiusthefool wrote:
Goddsmut!

Shellfish wrote:
This pleases me.

Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:15 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Confederacy of Dunces made Esquire's list of books every man should read, their description: The fart joke as literature. :lol:

Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:34 am
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

That book convinced me that I do have a Valve.

House Words: "I'm in as long as I don't have to edit."

Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:21 pm
★wardens of the woody★

The only burlesque tribute personally approved by author George R. R. Martin himself is coming to Boston! Well Cambridge but whatever. May not be safe at work.
Spoiler: show
http://burlesqueiscoming.ticketleap.com/davis-square/details

Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:47 pm
podcast doctor

Varley wrote:
The only burlesque tribute personally approved by author George R. R. Martin himself is coming to Boston! Well Cambridge but whatever. May not be safe at work.
Spoiler: show
http://burlesqueiscoming.ticketleap.com/davis-square/details

i dont understand please clarify what this is. an off broadway show? a strip club? a comedy thing? wtf?

Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:46 pm
★wardens of the woody★

It's the Davis Square theater so think of it as the same thing as the Donkey Show at the Oberon theater. I saw them do midsummers night dream it was really fun. And just suggestive not a strip show but Ive never seen the game of thrones show so I make no promises

Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:37 pm
podcast doctor

ok lets do it. buy me a ticket. ill get the first round

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:01 pm

More fucking fun without me baddaysmiley

claudiusthefool wrote:
Goddsmut!

Shellfish wrote:
This pleases me.

Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:17 pm
podcast doctor

alright matt and any other eastcoast manwoody member, lets re-up this moot while its getting 'wahmer'. id like to have a manwoody conversation about this season as its ongoing there are definitely somethings id like to get off my chest. suggested locations: hops n scotch, knight moves cafe, or else anywhere in the downtown,back bay, south end, northend, bay village area.

I got a few ghetto groupons for these locations so we might as well put em to good use.

Sun May 29, 2016 10:40 pm
team stannis

Gotta be Knight Moves! SJLee needs to steal that shit War of 1812 style!

Sun May 29, 2016 10:46 pm
★wardens of the woody★

When are you thinking? Both Hops n Scotch and Knight moves are in coolidge which is close to my work so I can meet almost any work night. Weekends are getting filled up this summer, stupid family and wedding stuff.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:17 am
house blackwoody

Hey guys. Is there a meet-up happening next month? I was just listening to a few new podcasts and a couple of old ones, and I remember Matt saying that there was an upcoming meet-up with a bunch of other people coming to town as well. But now I"m not sure if that was one of the older episodes. Just wondering, since I'm a fellow Bostonian, living in Southie, and would love to meet everybody some time.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:29 pm

Hiya! Yes, not sure of an exact location/time, but dinner and dranks the night of November 5th!! welcomesmiley

claudiusthefool wrote:
Goddsmut!

Shellfish wrote:
This pleases me.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:05 am
★wardens of the woody★

davidhhh wrote:
Hey guys. Is there a meet-up happening next month? I was just listening to a few new podcasts and a couple of old ones, and I remember Matt saying that there was an upcoming meet-up with a bunch of other people coming to town as well. But now I"m not sure if that was one of the older episodes. Just wondering, since I'm a fellow Bostonian, living in Southie, and would love to meet everybody some time.

Just be warned that as a Brit I am going to be demanding that you recite lines from The Town and The Departed and The Fighter in a southie accent.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:25 am
house blackwoody

I'd heard that and was all excited. I'd taken down the date to look on here for it. But then I realized I'd listened to a few older podcasts from earlier in the linear reread and was worried that it was in one of those from a year or two ago, and I'd missed it! I tried skimming through some of the podcasts to try and find it again, with no luck, but found this thread.

i'm not sure yet if I'll be able to go. I'm between jobs right now, and just had a job interview yesterday that they're getting back to me on next week. Being a new waiter in a restaurant, it might be difficult to get a Saturday off right away, especially if I'm still in training, and I have to train then. I'll know better the week before. But if I'm not working that night (or at all), I'm totally going.

Is there a time and/or place yet? And how long would it likely last? Even if I'm working, I'd be up for getting together after, though it might be late.

What's bringing everyone to Boston? Just the moot, or other events?

As for the Southie accent, I will likely disappoint there. I've actually only been in Southie for just over a year, having lived in the Back Bay and South End (very different!) before that for over 20 years. And I grew up in a southern suburb of Boston. But I went to private boarding school, and the kids all made fun of the locals' accents. So, I subconsciously got rid of it back then. I don't usually do the "pahk the cah in hahvahd yahd" thing. My subconscious even now sometimes puts R's in where they don't belong, like "Mother and farther". And I've never seen any of those movies, so you'd have to give me the lines. (I mainly watch nerdy shows and movies.)

By the way, where in Britain are you from, Bina? As a roller coaster geek, I've been there twice. Once as part of a large group coaster trip all over England and Wales for 11 days back in '02. And in '11 I stopped in London for 4 days before a trip to Scandinavia because I had to see the Doctor Who Exhibition while it was in London (plus a ton of sightseeing, clubbing, a convention and Alton Towers, Thorpe Park and Legoland - yes, in 4 days!)

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:33 am
★wardens of the woody★

Ok so I think Varley is working on time/place etc but basically the Saturday night. There's no reason really. I was passing in through Boston so wanted to meet up with Varley and the Podcast Doctor for a drink. Then Amber said she was gonna moot with us. And then Casey and Hashtag Greg volunteered to drive/fly up. And pretty soon it became a moot. I live fairly close to Chessington World of Adventures. I've been to Alton Towers and Thorpe Park but not for years.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:51 pm
house smallwoody

Bina007 wrote:
Ok so I think Varley is working on time/place etc but basically the Saturday night. There's no reason really. I was passing in through Boston so wanted to meet up with Varley and the Podcast Doctor for a drink. Then Amber said she was gonna moot with us. And then Casey and Hashtag Greg volunteered to drive/fly up. And pretty soon it became a moot. I live fairly close to Chessington World of Adventures. I've been to Alton Towers and Thorpe Park but not for years.

When is this moot potentially occurring? I could potentially come up as well! Would love to try and make it work if I could, DC isn't that far away!

Fantasy Football Squad: Dustin's Red Stallions

Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:27 pm
podcast doctor

all are welcome to join. november 5th is when the magic happens! who knows, we may have to bust out an impromptu vok recording to cap things off

Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:56 pm
house blackwoody

How cool that so many of my favorite podcasters will be here at one time. I hope I can make it.

I visited Chessington in 2002, but not in '11. I got a great deal on the Merlin pass in '11 and used it at Alton, Thorpe and Legoland, plus Toussaud's, the Eye, the Dungeon and the Sea Life Aquarium. Add in a few museums, the Doctor Who exhibition, a brief stop at a convention to see Alex Kingston River Song in Doctor Who), a bunch of tourist traps like palaces and Trafalgar Square, some meals and clubs, and I managed to pack in a crazy amount of stuff into 4 days! And that was before the main trip to Scandinavia!

Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:00 pm
★wardens of the woody★

@PS15

Make it happen! Casey is coming up from DC so you have no excuse!

Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:27 am
house blackwoody

As the date gets closer, do we have any details yet? It looks like I can make it! I've got a new job, but I'm not starting until a few days after the moot.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:53 pm
podcast doctor

if you're definitely sure you can make it. PM me your email address and varley and i will see if we can get an email chain with logistics.

finalizing details over the message board isnt a good idea because the email alerts are not functioning.

Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:27 pm
★wardens of the woody★

My sleeper sofa got amberrocked last night. :feathered: looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow!

Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:13 am
house manwoody

Looks like y'all are gonna have a blast! Best being seeing more #BostonMoot on the VoK Instagram so I can be there in spirit!

Zander the Ever-working

“King of the Bathroom Selfies” -LadyWeaver

“Zander just made me orgasm describing Dunk and Egg as an animated show” -SerDinnerRoll

Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:04 pm
house blackwoody

I haven't yet heard back from anyone regarding the details of the moot.
Could someone please PM me? Thanks!

Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:29 pm
★wardens of the woody★

For photos check out the VOK Instagram

Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:43 pm
house blackwoody

Was the moot moved up to last night (Friday)? Or is there another moot on Saturday night?

Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next