View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Episode 183: Kingsgrave Bullpen 
team stannis

Great group for this podcast.

Still listening but re:Greyjoy fleet-

I think that it only takes a few months to build a longship and that each captain owns his/her(rarely) own ship. And is incentivized to have a ship for his/her own use (trade/raids etc.)

The Iron Fleet (the royal fleet of the Seastone Chair) should have been restricted by treaty by the Crown after the rebellion but unsurprisingly does not appear to have been. Those ships are just bigger longships. We are told that Balon originally constructed the fleet in five years so without restriction he could have easily rebuilt what was destroyed in 9ish years.

Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:57 am
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

It also wouldn't have been too hard to hide those ships simple by having them all around the Iron Islands. They don't get many visitors and no one from outside the Iron Islands is going to be poking around taking a count of ships. It's basically just traders and as long as your trade harbors don't look stocked for war you can keep it on the down low. Robert should have limited their numbers and had regular checks to make sure they stayed in line. Maybe a ship limit would have been looked at as leading to more conflict since the Ironborn wouldn't accept it?

-Adam

"You know what? My dad has gout. He's not stupid". -Bina

Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:15 pm
Site Admin

btw all if you have comments for this and the other episode please copy over to the main page if you don't mind, I'm submitting applications for various reviews and panels, the 0 comments there isn't representative of our # of downloads :geek:

Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:21 pm
Profile WWW

Michael: "I think I can hear Greg screaming about the Stephen King book discussion."

Fact: The book that King wrote while high on coke & pills was The Tommyknockers. It was the book that ultimately led to his successful intervention by his family. This was the movie that featured aliens taking over a town in Maine because they needed....batteries? Also there was a flying Coca-Cola vending machine. I always remember that.

He also admitted to being completely coked up while writing/directing Maximum Overdrive.

I was pleasantly surprised to see 3 episodes in my feed for my road trip this weekend (I somehow missed the Oct 2nd episode). This was a great crew and it's great to finally get Matt & Dan on the podcast.

House Words: "I'm in as long as I don't have to edit."

Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:44 pm

Matt's greatest contribution to this episode... "Or swallowing."

Also, FYI...The minor leagues are not as good as the majors. Only time I ever fell asleep at a baseball game was while watching the Long Island Ducks. Even with the insanity that is Quackerjack their mascot trying to make me dance to keep me awake.

House Words: "I'm in as long as I don't have to edit."

Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:58 pm
★wardens of the woody★

claudiusthefool wrote:
Matt's greatest contribution to this episode... "Or swallowing.".

I bring dat Vassal Class.

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:33 am

claudiusthefool wrote:
Michael: "I think I can hear Greg screaming about the Stephen King book discussion."

Fact: The book that King wrote while high on coke & pills was The Tommyknockers. It was the book that ultimately led to his successful intervention by his family. This was the movie that featured aliens taking over a town in Maine because they needed....batteries? Also there was a flying Coca-Cola vending machine. I always remember that.

He also admitted to being completely coked up while writing/directing Maximum Overdrive.

You will appreciate this.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/maximum-overdrive-live/

-Adam

"You know what? My dad has gout. He's not stupid". -Bina

Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:08 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I didn't say it at the time, but I realized I thought we were talking about hockey while everyone else was talking about baseball. I'd like to think VOK is the Grand Rapids Griffins.

I'm glad my incorrect belief I had an audio recorder going didn't kill the episode as I'd been worrying about.

"These wonderful narrations inspired me with strange feelings. Was man, indeed, at once so powerful, so virtuous and magnificent, yet so vicious and base? He appeared at one time a mere scion of the evil principle, and at another as all that can be conceived of noble and godlike."
—The Monster, from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:41 pm
★wardens of the woody★

claudiusthefool wrote:
Also, FYI...The minor leagues are not as good as the majors. Only time I ever fell asleep at a baseball game was while watching the Long Island Ducks. Even with the insanity that is Quackerjack their mascot trying to make me dance to keep me awake.

I've been to one major league game and about five or six minor league games and I enjoyed the minors much more. Even before I had kids but especially after. They did a lot of stuff in-between innings that were fun for the crowd and it was just a nice friendly atmosphere at the minor league games.

I drink wine mainly for muscle definition.

Fantasy Football Team: Lots of Cunts
Lots of Cunts is a reference to the line the Hound says in the HBO series Game of Thrones and my general opinion of my fantasy team most days.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]