View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Ice and Fire Con 2017 
Site Admin

Tickets go on sale June 20th. Ashley and I will be attending.

http://www.iceandfirecon.com/

When you buy your ticket, there should be an option to list where you found out about the convention. If it is from apoiaf then please list us, they are keeping track of statistics this year.

Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:12 am
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Just noticed PoorQuentyn posted last week he's gonna be there, cosplaying as Euron.

"These wonderful narrations inspired me with strange feelings. Was man, indeed, at once so powerful, so virtuous and magnificent, yet so vicious and base? He appeared at one time a mere scion of the evil principle, and at another as all that can be conceived of noble and godlike."
—The Monster, from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:55 pm
★wardens of the woody★

http://www.iceandfirecon.com/tickets-on ... -con-2017/

Tickets on sale today, y'all.

"These wonderful narrations inspired me with strange feelings. Was man, indeed, at once so powerful, so virtuous and magnificent, yet so vicious and base? He appeared at one time a mere scion of the evil principle, and at another as all that can be conceived of noble and godlike."

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:27 am
★wardens of the woody★

After some discussion (and much selling by Jasmine), I have decided to try to make it out for this craziness. Sounds like too much fun to miss out on any longer.

Fantasy Football Team: The Gay Abandon

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:49 am
team stannis

Alias wrote:
After some discussion, I have decided to try to make it out for this craziness. Sounds like too much fun to miss out on any longer.

Discussion with whom?

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:51 am
★wardens of the woody★

FTWard wrote:
Alias wrote:
After some discussion, I have decided to try to make it out for this craziness. Sounds like too much fun to miss out on any longer.

Discussion with whom?
The Dragoncast peeps were talking about it a bit last night. I was also speaking with my dad if that weekend would be feasible for me to make it out because there were some other plans around then.

Fantasy Football Team: The Gay Abandon

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:54 am
house blackwoody lord

Looks like i'll be going as well :D

Honest eyes, and innocent. Blue as a sunlit sea. When you are a little older, many a man will drown in those eyes.

Fantasy Football Team: Brees???

Last edited by blue-eyed-queen on Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:28 pm
team stannis

It's on :D
Mordion clear your schedule.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:47 pm
Site Admin

I will be there from Thursday night, but my regular roommates likely will not check in till Friday. So have 2 spare beds to fill on the Thursday if anyone is arriving early (Friday will have a full day of events now so Thursday is a good option for those nearby).

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
team blacksmith

Looks like I'm coming too! Gonna be a party.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:52 pm
team stannis

I may come Thursday, I need to email Tara about volunteering but I don't think I have any skills to contribute.

Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:56 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Amin wrote:
I will be there from Thursday night, but my regular roommates likely will not check in till Friday. So have 2 spare beds to fill on the Thursday if anyone is arriving early (Friday will have a full day of events now so Thursday is a good option for those nearby).

smooth :feathered:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:25 am
team blacksmith

So what's the best place to stay in the place? The main lodge?

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:34 pm
Site Admin

inkasrain wrote:
So what's the best place to stay in the place? The main lodge?

Yes, because you are closest to all the activities. Most cost effective to get at least a double room and share with someone.

The cabins that are on the nearby hill are also decent, probably mostly booked up with the volunteers and organizers but there may be room if you ask. It's an easy walk but I still prefer being right in the lodge itself.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:20 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

When you buy your ticket, there should be an option to list where you found out about the convention. If it is from apoiaf then please list us, they are keeping track of statistics this year.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:30 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Anyone remember if the cabins have a minifridge/microwave? I couldn't find that on the website. I stayed in the Chestnut Lodge (a two minute walk or so from the main lodge) last year partly because it had those things, but sis and I would possibly be up for sharing a cabin with people.

inkasrain, just make sure you don't get one of the Blueberry Ridge things. Those are actually far away, like a 20 minute or so walk from the main lodge.

Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:11 am
house smallwoody mongoballer

How is flying in and then renting a car experience?

Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:04 pm
team stannis

I drove but I imagine you would have to do Roanoke or Charlotte.
I may got BWI this year and arrange transportation from there.

Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:15 pm
Site Admin

Extended Hours Notice

Quote:
Every year at Ice & Fire Con, more and more of our attendees have been arriving on Thursday even though the convention’s official programming started on Friday afternoon… and that’s why we are pleased to announce that in 2017 we are extending Ice & Fire Con’s official hours! extended hours

First, we will have early registration open on Thursday night, April 27th, from 7 – 9 PM, for anyone who is arriving Thursday and wants to register early. Additionally, registration will re-open Friday morning at 10 AM. This will give our attendees several more hours of programming to enjoy!

Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

Cool. Are there going to be any planned events on Thursday or before Friday Afternoon?

House Words: "I'm in as long as I don't have to edit."

Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:00 am
Site Admin

I don't think anything 'official' but Thursday night will just be a general hangout for anyone who has arrived, maybe board games or whatever would be my suggestion as its good for the down time. Maybe they will schedule something official but either way the same result is a hangout with early arrivals.

For anyone going, FTWard and I are looking for a roommate to take the last single bed in our unit. Advertising here first before I got to the convention facebook group.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:59 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Do we have a list of confirmed attendees from these forums? Is there anyone else attending who hasn't posted here yet?

Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:30 pm
Profile WWW
house mormont

I shall be there this year and will probably be there Thursday night as well (most likely posted up at the bar or in the game room).

Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:13 pm
house tinywoody

I am planning to be there, and looking forward to the opportunity of losing to Amin or FTWard in the board game, in person :D

Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:41 pm
Site Admin

Can someone help compile that list of apoiaf listener attendees?

Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:31 pm
Profile WWW
☑ vok guest host ♝

Virginia's a long drive from Montana :(

On Fleek, so Unique
Hardcore Geek, knows 1337 5P34K
That Mystique, join the Clique
Dat Physique, take a Peek
Tongue in Cheek, a Winning Streak
...So to speak

Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:42 pm
team stannis

Amin wrote:
Can someone help compile that list of apoiaf listener attendees?

What I have so far from the board. Feel free to add/edit
Apologies if I forgot anyone

FTWard (Thomas)
Betsy (Betsy)
witless chum (Dan)
eigenvectorjon (Jonathan)
jazzimen08 (Jasmine)
claudiusthefool (Greg)
Alias (Zach)
blue-eyed-queen (Casey)
inkasrain (Michal)
mlime18 (Matt)
jeff14 (Jeff)
Young_Griff
Ironborn206 (Ray)
LuckyCharms (Alex)

Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:30 pm
Site Admin

Thanks!

Now the question is does anyone on that list need a room and can join us or should we be looking for that last roommate elsewhere

Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Put my sister Nancy ( no forum name) on the list.

Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:12 pm
team stannis

Quote:
Greetings, fans and friends of Ice & Fire Con!

We are half a year out from Ice & Fire Con 2017, and we are so excited about celebrating our fifth anniversary with everyone at the beautiful Mountain Lake Lodge in Pembroke, Virginia. Besides the events you know and love from previous years, we are introducing a convention-wide theme, a headlining band for Friday night, and new fandom favorite guests like History of Westeros and ASoIaF University.

Tickets are still $60 through 2016, after which they will increase to $75 for the full weekend pass. Also important to consider is that we only have a room block reserved with Mountain Lake through January 2017; after that they will release those rooms and cabins for the public to book as well as our attendees. There is much more room on property than total tickets available for Ice & Fire Con 2017, but Mountain Lake is a popular destination for locals and tourists alike and we recommend you secure your accommodations sooner rather than later. You can find information on room rates and availability on our website here, and please don’t forget you must purchase a weekend pass to the convention before you can receive the reduced conference room rates at our venue.

We are very happy to have accepted our first ever vendors for 2017’s convention! Due to our intimate numbers, we have a limited number of tables, so if you or someone you know are interested in vending at Ice & Fire Con 2017 please contact us at iceandfirecon@gmail.com as soon as possible.

For some more exciting news, Random House will be donating two Special Edition versions of the George R.R. Martin Box, which we will be utilizing as a prize and in our silent auction at the 2017 Convention of Ice & Fire.

In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the publication of A Game of Thrones, Random House has created three boxes in partnership with author George R. R. Martin and HBO. The boxes contain collectibles, exclusive items, and a special, illustrated edition of A Game of Thrones, the first book in A Song of Ice and Fire, Martin’s internationally bestselling fantasy series. This edition is not available in stores and includes an alternate cover and a full-color insert of illustrations. The box will be available for a limited time while supplies last in three versions: Special Edition, Limited Edition, and Ultra Limited Edition. Boxes will ship in December in time for the holidays.

More information can be found on http://the.grrmbox.com/2eoxwyC

We are so excited about everything coming Ice & Fire Con’s way next year. Check out our Facebook page, Facebook group, tumblr, Twitter, and Instagram to connect with fellow fans and attendees!

Wishing you a great end to 2016,

Tara Lynne, Queen Regent
K-K Bracken, Lord Paramount
Organizers, Ice & Fire Con

Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next