View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
San Diego Comic Con 2016 Panel Ideas 
Site Admin

It isn't that far away from when panel applications technically open up. We'll be applying to do our Ice and Fire panel again, but I'm thinking I would like to do at least one other panel now, at least worth applying for since they know us now and we left a good impression this year. I was thinking maybe a generic "how to start/manage/create your own internet podcast panel" and I'll take suggestions on potential podcast hosts from other podcasts, any genre, to get in contact with to see if they want to join me for that. The other idea was something anime related with Ashley, but I'll have to think about that because it's not like we could do one for just one show (with the possible exception of Attack on Titan) and I don't think my general expertise is that anime wise, I just get really into the particular shows that I do watch and review.

I'll take other potential panel suggestions under consideration. I'm also interesting in trying my hand at moderating a panel.

Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:23 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

What are some big podcasts that were at Comic Con last year or maybe be this year? I'm thinking of who to approach to invite to join my "internet podcasting" panel application.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:04 am
Profile WWW
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

I think After Buzz TV have been involved with Comic Con in the past. As they say in each episode: over 20 million downloads per week from over 150 countries.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:45 pm
Site Admin

Any other podcast suggestions?

Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Preliminary notes/email

Quote:
The detail is basically a panel on podcasting, how to get into it, lessons you've learned from doing so, funny stories, etc. Looking for people from a varety of podcast genres for a cross-genre panel. The following are some ideas for discussion, but are still open to new topics, this is still the planning stage:

Developing an idea for your podcast - plans and outlines
Determining/finding your podcast hosts
Hosting Information
Episode Planning
Editing Information
Marketing/ Reviews / Interviews
Interaction with Listeners
Miscellaneous

Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:45 am
Profile WWW
☑ vok guest host ♝

Nifty, I like the idea of a podcast creation panel. I think there's a lack of good sources of advice on these things, and a number of people who have at least toyed with the idea of creating a podcast with their friends.

On Fleek, so Unique
Hardcore Geek, knows 1337 5P34K
That Mystique, join the Clique
Dat Physique, take a Peek
Tongue in Cheek, a Winning Streak
...So to speak

Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:02 am
Site Admin

Well I got the proper application for the ice and fire panel and for a podcasting panel. Thinking if I want to apply for one more and not sure what that could be. Something anime related but I think we lack the expertise for a panel broad enough for comic con in that genre.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

A lot of the SDCC panels on anime are small and you don't have to be a complete expert if it's on a more general topic. If you pick a specific anime, especially a popular one, that might be harder. The nice part is that in a small room people seem more relaxed. Probably because they didnt wait hours in line. Shocking lack of knowledge is pretty common in con panels so as long as you show love for what you are discussing most people won't mind.

-Adam

"You know what? My dad has gout. He's not stupid". -Bina

Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:43 pm
Site Admin

drownedsnow wrote:
A lot of the SDCC panels on anime are small and you don't have to be a complete expert if it's on a more general topic. If you pick a specific anime, especially a popular one, that might be harder. The nice part is that in a small room people seem more relaxed. Probably because they didnt wait hours in line. Shocking lack of knowledge is pretty common in con panels so as long as you show love for what you are discussing most people won't mind.

Yeah that summarizes what I've seen the past few years. The problem is I am good for individual shows, I haven't watched enough to do the broad topic panels. I'll talk with Ashley, see if we can get something that would fit her vaster knowledge.

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:01 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Since I'm already taking part in a sex-positive panel for an anime convention, I thought that might fit a niche (just geek works in general) for comic con and I don't see it listed anywhere there in the past panels so I might run with that. I don't claim to have any particular expertise to be a panelist on it but maybe I can find some people attending already on other panels to fill that out and act as moderator. I wanted to moderate a panel this year, whether this or the podcast panel, to build up my convention cred :ugeek:

Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:39 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Any podcast/podcaster suggestions for this year. I want to apply for a podcast panel again, trying to find some good panelists to recruit for the panel.

Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:34 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]