View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
Ice and Fire Con 2019 
Site Admin

2019 is the year to attend if you have never been there before, should be our biggest numbers yet!

It will be my last Ice and Fire Con for a while as I've been attending since the start and have other events I want to attend in future years as I diversify my convention attendance and vacations in general.

Use our podcast coupon when registering - coupon code PODCAST

The new board game expansion will be out before then so hopefully we can get one session in for it.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:19 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Weekend Passes will go up in price after October 31
If you are confirmed attending for 2019, post here.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:09 am
Profile WWW
team stannis

Planning to attend.
Planning on bringing Mrs. Ward.
Planning on winning $1.6B tonight.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:04 am
house manwoody lord

Dan has reserved the Manwoody Cabin again. I have purchased my ticket.

Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:08 am
house blackwoody lord

I will be there! :)

Honest eyes, and innocent. Blue as a sunlit sea. When you are a little older, many a man will drown in those eyes.

Fantasy Football Team: Brees???

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:04 am
★wardens of the woody★

People will say any damn thing, but in this case it's true. Cabinwoody returns ideally in the same place and with the same vultures, but can't guarantee that. The banner is being stored at my mom's house. She refuses to fly it in her campaign for county commissioner, for some reason. Must be a campaign finance law issue.

If anyone who stayed at the cabin last year does not want their spot, let me know.

"These wonderful narrations inspired me with strange feelings. Was man, indeed, at once so powerful, so virtuous and magnificent, yet so vicious and base? He appeared at one time a mere scion of the evil principle, and at another as all that can be conceived of noble and godlike."
—The Monster, from Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:11 am
Site Admin

Some unfortunate news as I may not be able to attend due to my work schedule in April. Still resolving that, hopefully will know by the end of the year.

However, this scheduling issue and my looking at the flights to go in is starting to make me consider whether I should really attend this year. Flights are the most expensive they have been yet, we are looking at least $850 roundtrip and not at ideal times either with multiple connections as I am flying in from far away :shock: . Furthermore, with the hotel that is something like $1200 for this convention just for flight and board, not including other costs. That is a lot to spend right now and I am trying to determine whether it is worth attending this year. I had so many great past years at the convention but I may be at my limit :(

Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
house blackwoody lord

Amin wrote:
Some unfortunate news as I may not be able to attend due to my work schedule in April. Still resolving that, hopefully will know by the end of the year.

However, this scheduling issue and my looking at the flights to go in is starting to make me consider whether I should really attend this year. Flights are the most expensive they have been yet, we are looking at least $850 roundtrip and not at ideal times either with multiple connections as I am flying in from far away :shock: . Furthermore, with the hotel that is something like $1200 for this convention just for flight and board, not including other costs. That is a lot to spend right now and I am trying to determine whether it is worth attending this year. I had so many great past years at the convention but I may be at my limit :(

Oh no :((( definitely a tough decision to make. I've heard that flights are expensive this time of year, I believe they're cheapest in February?

Honest eyes, and innocent. Blue as a sunlit sea. When you are a little older, many a man will drown in those eyes.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:46 pm
Site Admin

Yes and I'll have to make the decision before February. Probably will know by new year, but right now I am having serious doubts about my attendance :|

Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:05 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

I am sorry to confirm that it is almost certain I am not attending Ice and Fire Con this year. In theory I could attend if I left on the Sunday, though that would be a tight trip as I would be flying out on Monday morning for work. If the flight got delayed/cancelled like the last 2 years, I would be in trouble. But in general, I just can't afford to attend this year, that's the main point or I would try to get the work thing changed. It has been a great run but time for a break

The only silver lining is that with the money saved I may be able to attend to Comic Con 2019 for one final panel showing (assuming we get approved) with the end of the TV show. That depends on the press/panel/hotels lining up, my so far there is a good chance I will be attending this one.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:38 am
Profile WWW
team stannis

That's a bummer.
Let me know if anything changes.

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:27 am
★wardens of the woody★

Sorry to hear, Amin.

"These wonderful narrations inspired me with strange feelings. Was man, indeed, at once so powerful, so virtuous and magnificent, yet so vicious and base? He appeared at one time a mere scion of the evil principle, and at another as all that can be conceived of noble and godlike."

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:52 am
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

Exciting news! I'm attending a conference in DC in mid-April, and I'm 90% sure I can make it to IAF Con. So I have three questions:

1) What's the deal with accomodation - is it better to get a cabin or a room? Do people share? Is there is a special Manwoody section I can join?

2) What's the deal with panels - can anyone host one or is it just for organisers? Who should I contact? Would any of you guys be interested in running a VOK panel?

3) Do you have to dress up/cosplay? :feathered:

Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:56 am
Profile WWW
house manwoody lord

1. Rooms are more convenient, closer to the panels. Cabins are where the late night parties are at, 10min walk from lodge. I would book a room sooner rather than later. There is a Manwoody cabin, but as far as I know everyone is reclaiming their spot. Dan will be able to clarify this. There is a room/ride share doc on the Convention Facebook group, but I do not think there are many entries.

2. Anyone can submit a panel idea, although I personally have never been interested in running one. The Facebook group, the twitter page, and the website will all have that info. I do not remember when the deadline is.

3. Cosplay is definitely optional. I don’t do it, it’s not my thing, but tons of people do. You will not feel out of place no matter what you decide.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:59 am
house blackwoody lord

Yay Duncan!! :)

I'd check to see if anyone in the skype chat (I checked you're in the group!) wants a roommate, check on the con Facebook group to see if people need a roommate, or get your own room asap; i know they're going pretty fast.
Travel wise i'm not sure of my own plans yet (not sure if i'll drive or hitch a ride or fly yet) but i'm know many people are going from that area

I'd def be interested in a vok panel, though i'm not sure what we'd talk about..

a lot of people do cosplay, i didn't last year but my first year i did a funny kim possible/jon snow with Zach; highly recommend if you want to, but also if you don't want to its totally fine. I'd say its like 50% of people cosplay at least once during the con.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:37 am
house manwoody lord

Yea, I will be driving from the DC area on the Thursday if anyone wants a ride.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:08 am
★wardens of the woody★

Duncan, it helps if you dress up as a Frey though maybe that's a minority view.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:31 am

Uh-oh, the receptionist at Deer Creek Lodge said all the rooms have been booked and there are only cabins left. Have you guys all booked your rooms? Does anyone want to share a cabin? I'll check on the Facebook page too.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:51 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

The front desk isn't always accurate on that - post at the facebook and see if the convention confirms those rooms are full or not.
Cabins are good regardless

Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:36 pm
Profile WWW

Weird, I called again a few hours later and they had a room available in the con block. It even has an extra queen sized bed.

So I'm all booked in and even have an extra bed if anyone wants to share. :D

Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:00 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

We have a free ticket (full weekeend badge) to give away to our listeners, so anyone interested post a comment here indicating you want to be included in the draw

http://podcastoficeandfire.com/episode- ... e-wedding/

Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:37 pm
Profile WWW
team stannis

http://www.iceandfirecon.com/2019-schedule/

EEK! Thursday night looks interesting.
Not sure when we will get there.

Who is in charge of the Board Game Tourney?

Seems like the Manwoody game room is going to be used for actual programs ... :(

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:46 pm
house manwoody

Amin wrote:
We have a free ticket (full weekeend badge) to give away to our listeners, so anyone interested post a comment here indicating you want to be included in the draw

http://podcastoficeandfire.com/episode- ... e-wedding/

:o

I’m interested

Zander the Ever-working

“King of the Bathroom Selfies” -LadyWeaver

“Zander just made me orgasm describing Dunk and Egg as an animated show” -SerDinnerRoll

Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:57 pm
team stannis

I think you have to do it on the front page for 237

Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:02 pm
team stannis

Weekend Pass - Ice & Fire Con 2019
Available Until 2019-02-28
Only 7 days left!

http://www.iceandfirecon.com/store/

Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:04 pm
house manwoody lord

Actually, they will still be available, but the price is increased to $100. Still there’s no reason to pay full price for this con.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:43 pm
team stannis

There is now a licensed Secret Targaryen...

https://direwolfdigital.com/news/game-o ... thbreaker/

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:50 am
team stannis

Hopefully i will get a chance to listen this afternoon.
Post anything new or interesting if you feel like saving me time.

Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]