View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Epic Fail 
podcast fanatics ☺

Recently, I was overjoyed to have a shot at joining a recording of our favorite podcast. Unfortunately, due to time zone problems and my not being able to wake up in time... I missed the chance to contribute to the podcast. Honestly, I doubt the podcast missed out on much, but I recorded this anyway because I felt like it.

(Besides, no one ever goes on Skype and I was super bored.)

http://snd.sc/GNSwpf

Twitter: vaarsuvius_

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:51 am
☑ guest host ♘

I don't know what time zone you're in, but judging from your accent I assume that you would have had to have been up at some extremely inconvenient time like myself. It was 3 in the morning in Athens and we talked for 3 hours. Hence, my long periods of silence, as I may have dozed off here and there....

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:40 am
★wardens of the woody★

Dickon Manwoody wrote:
Recently, I was overjoyed to have a shot at joining a recording of our favorite podcast. Unfortunately, due to time zone problems and my not being able to wake up in time... I missed the chance to contribute to the podcast. Honestly, I doubt the podcast missed out on much, but I recorded this anyway because I felt like it.

(Besides, no one ever goes on Skype and I was super bored.)

http://snd.sc/GNSwpf

Listening to it right now, thanks!

Don't worry about your voice, you should hear me on Youtube when I used to record myself talking during the games I played. I have an really bad speech impediment and I sound like a kid.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:53 am
Profile WWW
podcast fanatics ☺

Christina wrote:
I don't know what time zone you're in, but judging from your accent I assume that you would have had to have been up at some extremely inconvenient time like myself. It was 3 in the morning in Athens and we talked for 3 hours. Hence, my long periods of silence, as I may have dozed off here and there....

Fear not, I'm sure you were awesome. Drunk or sober, I can't think of a moment where I didn't like hearing you talk. You know, I think I would have made the podcast if it were 3am for me... Alas, it was 8am for me and I was totally knocked out. Uhh, not a morning person. Someday we'll be on the podcast together, on some ungodly hour and we can slur our speech together in solidarity.

Usurpationblitz, thanks for your encouragement. I'm sure you sound more manly than I do. :) Do update and tell me what you think of my rambling. I did talk a bit about your Howland Reed theory for a bit lol.

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:43 pm
★wardens of the woody★

I was excited that you where going to say something about my crazy theory (Howland Reed = GRRM), but you just said no and moved on. :cry:

I know it's crazy, that was the point of that topic. :D

But I think it might be possible that Howland could be Jojen, I think I brought that up this one in that topic and we talked about it. Haven't got to that part yet.

*Listens*

Yeah, I like the idea. But now I'm on the thought that Jojen's death is going to help out Jon in someway, and I'm kind of less attracted to the idea of Howland is Jojen.

I hope we find out in the next book, I don't want to wait until Spring to see Howland.

Also, I would literally burn my book if Howland was all like, "Who's Jon Snow?" :lol:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
podcast fanatics ☺

Quote:
I was excited that you where going to say something about my crazy theory (Howland Reed = GRRM), but you just said no and moved on.

I know it's crazy, that was the point of that topic.

Yeah I get it. Maybe I should have said so. :B Now while GRRM and Lord Reed do share the ability to turn something into the other...

On Howland Reed = Jojen Reed, I'm not sure if Jojen's death is going to help Jon out. Or did you mean Bran? I don't see how his death will help the Starks. It'll be really cruel if it were a death of necessity ie. Meera or Hordor HAS to leave him behind to survive. I'm thinking now it's prolly a death of inevitability. An attack by wights. Him being too weak to carry on. Something else sick Martin cooked up... :/

Quote:
Also, I would literally burn my book if Howland was all like, "Who's Jon Snow?"

I really don't want to doubt Martin's trolling capabilities. I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry if I do see that in my book in (a lot of) time to come.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:56 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Dickon Manwoody wrote:
Quote:
I was excited that you where going to say something about my crazy theory (Howland Reed = GRRM), but you just said no and moved on.

I know it's crazy, that was the point of that topic.

Yeah I get it. Maybe I should have said so. :B Now while GRRM and Lord Reed do share the ability to turn something into the other...

On Howland Reed = Jojen Reed, I'm not sure if Jojen's death is going to help Jon out. Or did you mean Bran? I don't see how his death will help the Starks. It'll be really cruel if it were a death of necessity ie. Meera or Hordor HAS to leave him behind to survive. I'm thinking now it's prolly a death of inevitability. An attack by wights. Him being too weak to carry on. Something else sick Martin cooked up... :/

Quote:
Also, I would literally burn my book if Howland was all like, "Who's Jon Snow?"

I really don't want to doubt Martin's trolling capabilities. I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry if I do see that in my book in (a lot of) time to come.

I talk about it in my Jon is reborn in Jojen topic (http://podcastoficeandfire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=895). It's a very rough idea, but I really believe that Jojen's death is going to somehow help Jon become Jon once again, and Meera said that Jojen told her that he will die at Greywater Watch.

And no, I don't really think Howland Reed will not know who Jon Snow is. He has to know about him, he is Ned's friend and I'm sure he knows who is kids' names are, even if he is unsure of his mother. Everyone knows that Ned brought home a bastard son. It would just be smiles and tears if that happens, ;)

Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:31 pm
Profile WWW
house manwoody mongoballer

The theories that tend towards Reed never or not being at Greywater Watch are the most interesting, but it's more likely
the guy is a recluse dealing with the guilt and paranoia over the effects caused against House Dayne/poisoning Arthur
maybe. But sorry I'm just throwing shots in the dark here XD.

Jojen being Howland (what) could lead to some possible avenues for redemptive themes, the sickness and wiseness beyond his
years could account for that direction. Could some CoTF genetics lend their hand in such an aging process XD? and I'd like to think
glamour is specific to the Reds here. But even though it doesn't sit with me completely, Howland been the Ghost at Winterfell would
be very cool and fitting of for a "cowardly" figure. His knowledge of the secrets of that family paired up with his hiding amongst their
secret location. Crannogmen are the Ninjas of Westeros. (only since Faceless Men are from Essos, of course)

I feel ya mon I missed a call from APOIAF when I ran into some car issues that completely absorbed my day off :[ . Maybe some evil
force is at work here...
But yeah you were in Europe right? That's always tough.

...Maybe I'll post/send/voicemail some crackpot theories sometime.

He kept his face clean-shaven, but his thick hair fell to his collar like a valyrian mudslide, divided by a streak of gristle.His eyes seemed black as he sat outlined against the dying sun, sharpening his steel, but she had looked at them from a closer vantage and she knew that they were purple. Dark purple. Dark and angry. By tradition the Targaryens were the finest bakers in all the Seven Kingdoms... but Hotpie was Hotpie. - pg 237, A Rasher Of Bacon

Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:33 pm
Profile WWW
podcast fanatics ☺

Hey ya'll.

Usurpationblitz, I went over your thread and it got me thinkin'. I like how you connected the dots. Now that the story has gone so far, it's kind of hard to think of Jon and Jojen on the same page so it's interesting how you connect that. I think it could work. It's not one of my favorite theories, but it'll work. Except for the last part of course, I don't see how Ghost will die if Jon wargs out of him, though I'm not completely sure if you were kidding around. Crazy theory time after all. I think if Martin does that it would really mess up the whole identity thing for Jon. I always thought Arya was the one with the messed up identity. This would be totally new for Jon and I'm not really sure how I would take that!

I must point out though, that Jojen may not die at Greywater Watch. Meera is upset that Jojen won't even fight his fate, that he wants to return there. Presumably he might die at GW, or en route. I think he's more likely to die en route somehow, just because there's so much danger along the way, as we've already seen. I guess Meera can still take Jon/Jojen there, but that'll just be mighty confusing for Lord Reed.

I won't add more to the Targaryen discussion. We all know Targs aren't immune to sickness. Dany herself got dysentry but fire just tickles her. Not sure how much of a chance Viserys would have walking into that pyre. I guess there are Targaryens and then there are Targaryens.

Pie, I've heard that theory and I don't think it's shooting in the dark at all. It sounds very very plausible to me. Everyone was pretty fond of Ser Arthur Dayne after all. It'd be like Ned having to cut down Ser Barristan Selmy while Howland Reed hides in a tree and shoots him with a poison arrow. All this talk about Howland Reed has my mind spinning a whole lot. We know from Meera's story that he went to Isle of Faces as a young man... What if he went to Skagos as well? Damn far shot and I doubt a lord of his stature would do that just to find Rickon... but that'll be a nice welcome for the wolf boy.

Also Pie, feel free to post any rantings. I'd love to listen, especially since I wouldn't have to stare at that creepy icon :p

Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:28 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Dickon Manwoody -
Quote:
Except for the last part of course, I don't see how Ghost will die if Jon wargs out of him, though I'm not completely sure if you were kidding around.

I guess I didn't really explain my thinking on that one. I'll try my best to do so now.

Jon Snow, when he was "alive", had the ability to warg into Ghost. Jon Snow's body is his. . .home base of sorts, his real body, and he has to concentrate to warg into Ghost. If he loses his concentration or wakes up, he is pulled right back into his real body.

Now if Jon's body is indeed dead and he jumped into Ghost, Ghost would now act as that main body because that's what he latched on to during his death. He would need to sleep or concentrate to warg into things and would be pulled back into Ghost if something should happen. With my thinking, Ghost would need to die while Jon was in another body, a new one or his old one, to make that body his real one that he is always naturally in.

:lol: I hope you can fallow that.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:08 pm
Profile WWW
podcast fanatics ☺

I guess I didn't really explain my thinking on that one. I'll try my best to do so now.

Jon Snow, when he was "alive", had the ability to warg into Ghost. Jon Snow's body is his. . .home base of sorts, his real body, and he has to concentrate to warg into Ghost. If he loses his concentration or wakes up, he is pulled right back into his real body.

Now if Jon's body is indeed dead and he jumped into Ghost, Ghost would now act as that main body because that's what he latched on to during his death. He would need to sleep or concentrate to warg into things and would be pulled back into Ghost if something should happen. With my thinking, Ghost would need to die while Jon was in another body, a new one or his old one, to make that body his real one that he is always naturally in.

Mm... I think I follow. I think we can look at the fates of Orell and Varamyr and safely conclude that if Ghost is all Jon has to warg into, the dude's doomed! I think both Old Man Rivers/The Greenseer and Varamyr talked about this for a bit. That a man can warg into a beast as he dies but he will slowly become less and less of himself and more like the animal. A fragment of him may become permanently embedded in the beast though, as we've seen with Orell from A Clash of Kings. He was the skinchanger dude with the eagle. Jon killed him and he warged into the eagle ever since and the eagle gave Jon facial scars as a token of Orell's lingering hatred for him.

Looks like Jon's only shot at this is
1. Warging into someone else
2. Melisandre does a Moqorro/Thoros and brings Jon back to un-life, his body technically dead but stronger than ever, his wounds steaming as if burnt.
3. Something else GRRM pulls out of his beard

Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:31 am
★wardens of the woody★

Post Re:
Dickon Manwoody wrote:
Usurpationblitz wrote:

Mm... I think I follow. I think we can look at the fates of Orell and Varamyr and safely conclude that if Ghost is all Jon has to warg into, the dude's doomed! I think both Old Man Rivers/The Greenseer and Varamyr talked about this for a bit. That a man can warg into a beast as he dies but he will slowly become less and less of himself and more like the animal. A fragment of him may become permanently embedded in the beast though, as we've seen with Orell from A Clash of Kings. He was the skinchanger dude with the eagle. Jon killed him and he warged into the eagle ever since and the eagle gave Jon facial scars as a token of Orell's lingering hatred for him.

Looks like Jon's only shot at this is
1. Warging into someone else
2. Melisandre does a Moqorro/Thoros and brings Jon back to un-life, his body technically dead but stronger than ever, his wounds steaming as if burnt.
3. Something else GRRM pulls out of his beard

Can you even imagine how fucking awesome it would be if Jon comes back as some fiery undead werewolf? I can just close my eyes and see it. White hair and red eyes that is faster, stronger and doesn't feel the cold and can change into a direwolf anytime he wants.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:28 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]