View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
Podcast intro music 
night's watch

I'm not criticising, but why is it the World of Warcraft login screen music? It's really off-putting, there's a WoW podcast that starts with the same music (makes a bit more sense for them) and I always freak out an bit and think I'm listening to the wrong podcast...

Any chance it could be switched to the GoT TV theme or something that fits ASoIaF better? I realise how whiny I sound. It was just hilarious when I first listened (only last week) to hear the WoW theme and do an epic double take. :lol:

Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:44 am
team stannis

No way!
I would think I was listening to the wrong podcast if I did not hear the creaking door/intro music.

Just stop listening to the WoW podcast.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:56 am
house blackwoody lord paramount

I demand a WoW/GoT mashup. to the internets!

Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:42 am
Site Admin

We didn't really spend much time thinking about what intro music to use when we first formed the podcast, it was kind of an afterthought. Then since all the earlier episodes used it we just stuck with it. I'm personally not against the idea changing the music, we just have never really thought about it or discussed it since then. Our intro music is usually pretty short compared to some other podcasts, so that may be why it hasn't been a big issue.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:01 pm
Profile WWW
night's watch

I just thought WoW was such weird music to use for an aSoIaF podcast :lol:

Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:12 pm
for my freckles, your grace

Hmmmm what could we use? GoT HBO music would be pretty sweet, but we'd probably get in trouble for that.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:21 pm
night's watch

Think so? No more than for using the WoW music I'd think, since that's copyrighted too. I see your point though. If you're worried about copyright then your only other option is to get something from the public domain.

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:36 am
podcast fanatics ☺

I'm thinking one of the many GoT covers on youtube. Shame there aren't any awesome 8 bit covers, cuz those would go amazingly well with the podcast I think, what with the Pokemon references and all. There are also the heavy metal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC-ZmlwBWKM versions of course, such as this.

Twitter: vaarsuvius_

Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:04 am
podcast historian

Maybe someone of the board-users could cover it and record a shorter version of it?

Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:12 am
Profile WWW

Dickon Manwoody wrote:
Shame there aren't any awesome 8 bit covers

www.MADCANARD.com

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:56 pm

I like that last one.

www.MADCANARD.com

Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:58 pm
night's watch

That last one is amazing :shock:

Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:12 pm
house yronwoody lord

This one has my vote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXqXc4PwrN8

Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 pm
house blackwoody lord paramount

I agree. I think the last 8-bit cover is great.

The Medieval one from Navy is nice too. I think thematically, it would fit better, but based purely on my preference and history with old ass video games, I dig the 8-bit.

Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:21 pm
☑ bastards of kingsgrave guest host ♞

Kyle wrote:
Hmmmm what could we use? GoT HBO music would be pretty sweet, but we'd probably get in trouble for that.

But then they'd have to take notice of the 'cast, and maybe you'd start getting promo kits!

Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:14 pm
mrs. sandor clegane

I just wouldn't want the HBO one, one because we're not purely based on the tv show, and two, where as wow doesn't know or give two shits about us, the people at HBO have listened from time to time. I just feel like if we use their music we're more supporting A Game of Thrones rather than the whole ASOIAF universe and everything in it. I'm all for new music if it's wanted, just not an HBO knock off.

Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:55 am
team stannis

I like the WoW ripoff but you all should contact The Sword and have their music as intro/guests

To Take the Black

Maiden, Mother & Crone

Lament for the Auroch

Winter's Wolves

Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:35 pm
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

Oh wow, I had no idea the music was World of Warcraft.

I agree, the tv theme should not be used because a few Game of Thrones podcasts use it as their intro music.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:35 am
podcast fanatics ☺

FTWard wrote:
I like the WoW ripoff but you all should contact The Sword and have their music as intro/guests

To Take the Black

Maiden, Mother & Crone

Lament for the Auroch

Winter's Wolves

I totally second this. The Sword = Awesome

Twitter: vaarsuvius_

Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:16 am
Site Admin

I don't think the intro music will be changing except for special episodes (e.g. GNO). However, I have been more flexible with the end music, for what plays before the aftershow and what plays at the very end of the show.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:25 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody☹

Being a warcraft player myself, it surprised me too, as I've been going through the episodes, but at this point I suppose I'm used to it. While I agree it'd make more sense to have something SoIaF related, I'd be worried about getting the execs mad about using the HBO show music (not that it isn't awesome).

Hmm... if you really did want a change (you meaning the podcasts hosts et.al.) you could hold some manner of contest for your listeners to come up with something original. They could make a whole song full of dick jokes! :D (A clip of which would be played at the intro, since a whole, lengthy song may be too much)

Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:29 am
house manwoody knight

Enabled the sound in WoW for the first time in maybe 6 years and said to myself "wait a minute, this intro music isn't the same as the asoiaf one" so I came here and searched for the specific track and couldn't find anything so I listened to the WoW OST and found out it was the Stormwind Soundtrack (at 1:07):

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:23 am
★wardens of the woody★

And that's one of the greatest tracks in video game history right there.

Fantasy Football Team: The Gay Abandon

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:51 am
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

walros wrote:
Enabled the sound in WoW for the first time in maybe 6 years and said to myself "wait a minute, this intro music isn't the same as the asoiaf one" so I came here and searched for the specific track and couldn't find anything so I listened to the WoW OST and found out it was the Stormwind Soundtrack (at 1:07):

It was also the WotLK login screen music, which might be the actual track they used. Either way, always gives me some good memories when I hear it. Now I wanna go raid ICC...

Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:57 pm
house manwoody knight

mrkorb wrote:
walros wrote:

It was also the WotLK login screen music, which might be the actual track they used. Either way, always gives me some good memories when I hear it. Now I wanna go raid ICC...
are you sure? Can't find the snippet in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r546F8rSWE8

Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:49 am
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

walros wrote:
mrkorb wrote:
walros wrote:

are you sure? Can't find the snippet in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r546F8rSWE8

That's not the login music. That's the Main Title track that you can find on the soundtrack CD in the CE box, which is something I'd never heard before. The login music on the other hand, I heard that a lot. They just slapped a music track together with a still image of the WotLK login screen and called it "the login music" unless of course my memory is insanely bad...which upon reviewing other YouTube videos it is...wth...

Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:46 pm
house tinywoody lord

Couldn't care less about the music. Never played WoW so never knew it, I really just want more APOIAF :feathered: If you change it the hosts must hum or sing the new song, this is necessary.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:02 pm
house manwoody mongoballer

i love the current intro music and ive never been into WoW so theres no confusion for me. i will say that since apoiaf is primarily a book podcast that was around before hbo's GoT's it wouldnt fit for the podcast to use any of their music legally or otherwise

Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:03 am
house stark

The WOW song always reminded of this Sabbath song. This would work!

Fantasy Football: A Njoku Needs A Name

Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:30 am
mrs. sandor clegane

Quote:
That's not the login music. That's the Main Title track that you can find on the soundtrack CD in the CE box, which is something I'd never heard before. The login music on the other hand, I heard that a lot. They just slapped a music track together with a still image of the WotLK login screen and called it "the login music" unless of course my memory is insanely bad...which upon reviewing other YouTube videos it is...wth...

It's the music for the city Ironforge. I'm not sure what that track linked is, some sort of poorly made fan edit of a few tracks? the first melody is Stormwind, then it goes into Ironforge.

Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]