View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Best of A Podcast of Ice and Fire - Help with the Project 
house micro-woody☹

I need to check the exact episode and timestamp ( I think its episode 26), but I absolutely love the aftershow where Mimi reads ASOIAF fanfics to Chase. And I think the whole thing is at double speed because everyones voices are super high pitched. Best ever :)

Edit: just checked the document and it's already there :) awesome :P

Last edited by mface on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:41 am
house manwoody knight

I don't recall what the episode title was, but you were discussing something about George's computer being stolen and someone made a comment along the lines of "I cold totally see George wielding a sword" and Chase's respons was "in a larp convention maybe". Freaking hilarious.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:33 am
Site Admin

I have come to realize I may never have the proper time to devote to putting this thing together. If there are any editors out there who would be interested in helping with this project, let me know.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:03 am
Profile WWW
house manwoody

I don't think this is the best place to put this but, I am not seeing a better one. Can you guys put the rest of the old shows on dropbox soon? My battery life in my phone lasts way longer if i download the shows and that site seems to be better for me. I know I would appreciate it.

I would really like you guys to do show podcasts like the old ones with your newer opinions and with Kyle. Like the cast on prophesy and theories. The old podcasts were done before ADWD came out and I know some of your opinions have changed since. It was awesome to hear Ashley predict that the three eyed crow was bloodraven the other day but, there is so much more info now and I think it would be great to hear some new podcasts on the same topics as the early shows to see how your (Mimi, Ashley, and Amin's) views differ and get Kyle's take on the world as a whole taken a piece at a time like it was done then. Saying no won't hurt feelings.:-)

Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:26 am
Site Admin

Episode 1-20 are on dropbox already and linked there, it is only 20-50 that are not and I can get those up later, but dropbox has limited bandwith compared to mega, that's why I prefer mega for it. All the early episodes are available on mega. If it doesn't work as quickly on your phone, you can download on your computer and then transfer over to your phone.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
house manwoody

Good idea.

Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:22 pm
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

For anyone interested, I have just released a Vassals of Kingsgrave where we talk about favourite moments and theories from APOIAF. Also included is a compilation of clips from APOIAF, influenced by the google doc in the first page of this thread.

Here is the link: http://vokpodcast.wordpress.com/?p=286&preview=true

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:08 am
★wardens of the woody★

wheredowhoresgo wrote:
I don't think this is the best place to put this but, I am not seeing a better one. Can you guys put the rest of the old shows on dropbox soon? My battery life in my phone lasts way longer if i download the shows and that site seems to be better for me. I know I would appreciate it.

I would really like you guys to do show podcasts like the old ones with your newer opinions and with Kyle. Like the cast on prophesy and theories. The old podcasts were done before ADWD came out and I know some of your opinions have changed since. It was awesome to hear Ashley predict that the three eyed crow was bloodraven the other day but, there is so much more info now and I think it would be great to hear some new podcasts on the same topics as the early shows to see how your (Mimi, Ashley, and Amin's) views differ and get Kyle's take on the world as a whole taken a piece at a time like it was done then. Saying no won't hurt feelings.:-)

Same problems but Amin's answer helped.

What is the problem with iTunes? Why couldn't it host all of the podcasts? (I have a Shocking Lack of Knowledge concerning the nuts and bolts of podcasting)

FTWard wrote:
+5 to nerd cred for Eiffel :geek: :D

Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:52 am
Site Admin

Eiffel wrote:
wheredowhoresgo wrote:

What is the problem with iTunes? Why couldn't it host all of the podcasts? (I have a Shocking Lack of Knowledge concerning the nuts and bolts of podcasting)

Itunes doesn't host the file, it merely links to a server to download the podcasts. We had issues with itunes updating the feed in the past, realized that it probably had to do with too many episodes listed in the feed. It is hard to tell why some podcasts can have many episodes listed and others can't, but if the feed gets too long, it takes longer to update. We wanted our feed to update as quickly as possible, so we cut it down to listing only the 20 or so latest episodes. If you get through the 20 episodes, you will either be sick of the podcast or ready to go and download the rest from the website at that point.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:10 pm
Profile WWW
★wardens of the woody★

Amin wrote:
Eiffel wrote:

Itunes doesn't host the file, it merely links to a server to download the podcasts. We had issues with itunes updating the feed in the past, realized that it probably had to do with too many episodes listed in the feed. It is hard to tell why some podcasts can have many episodes listed and others can't, but if the feed gets too long, it takes longer to update. We wanted our feed to update as quickly as possible, so we cut it down to listing only the 20 or so latest episodes. If you get through the 20 episodes, you will either be sick of the podcast or ready to go and download the rest from the website at that point.

Thanks Amin. Good point on the 20. Appreciate all the work you guys do.

Now I know! And knowing is half the battle!

FTWard wrote:
+5 to nerd cred for Eiffel :geek: :D

Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:26 pm
house micro-woody☹

Thank you VOK! :D I’m reasonably new to the podcast so this is seriously appreciated. This will keep me entertained while I do my photocopying tomorrow. :)

Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:14 am
house micro-woody☹

That Kyle Chapter re read of Jon's final chapter in Game of Thrones is unbelievably epic.

Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:13 am
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

Quote:
That Kyle Chapter re read of Jon's final chapter in Game of Thrones is unbelievably epic.

It is great, I love the use of the Prince of Egypt music.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:12 pm
★wardens of the woody★

Thank you VOK for that epic mash up of clips. You nailed it.

Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:03 am
Site Admin

Bump - time to collect more best of moments :geek:

Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:22 pm
Profile WWW
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

Kyle and Amin's repeated failure at correctly pronouncing the word 'scythe' during the review of the battle of the wall episode.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2