View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Episode 178 (Mother's Mercy) 

Who gave Dany the ring she drops at the end of "Mother's Mercy"?
Khal Drogo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hizdhar zo Loraq 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
Rhaella Targaryen 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

Episode 178 (Mother's Mercy) 
house micro-woody☹

I wanted to address something regarding Dany's story arch in this episode:

Spoiler: show
Amin & Kyle mused about why Dany dropped her ring when being sorrounded by the khalasar. They seemed to think that the ring was most likely from her wedding to Hizdhar. I strongly disagree. The ring she dropped was given to her by Khal Drogo. The reason she dropped it is that if she were to be recognized as a Khaleesi whose Khal has died, she will be shipped off to Vaes Dothrak to join the Doth Khaleen; no questions asked. She needs to hide her identity as a Khaleesi in order to have even a sliver of a chance of talking her way out of this situation.

Now, to be fair, if the show follows the books in this regard, it won't matter since the khalasar that finds her is headed up by Khal Jhaqo (a former blood rider to Khal Drogo) so she'll be recognized anyway. As far as she knows at the time she is sorrounded, however, it's just a random khalasar.

My two cents :)

Last edited by MikeBruno on Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:18 pm
house tinywoody lord

Thought I heard on another podcast that Emilia Clark said in an interview that was her mom's (Rhaella) ring. Meaning she was doing the hobbit/leaf thing so they knew where she had been. (a Khaleesi stood here)

"I ..., hear the crack of leathern wings..." -Maester Aemon. ...his heart was listening for the beat of leathern wings (Tyrion)
First chapters of A Dance with Dragons: Tyrion, Daenerys, Jon "The dragon has three heads"

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:22 pm
house micro-woody☹

Ah, I guess that makes sense, then. The skull on the ring really lead me to believe it was Dothraki

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:27 pm
house tinywoody lord

MikeBruno wrote:
Ah, I guess that makes sense, then. The skull on the ring really lead me to believe it was Dothraki

There's a skull? I need to rewatch, hehe. I just remember seeing two pearls, thought they were supposed to be eggs.

"I ..., hear the crack of leathern wings..." -Maester Aemon. ...his heart was listening for the beat of leathern wings (Tyrion)
First chapters of A Dance with Dragons: Tyrion, Daenerys, Jon "The dragon has three heads"

Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:33 pm
house micro-woody☹

Heh... You're probably right about the eggs. I saw what I expected to see, not what was really there :)

Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]