View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Podcast Guest Host/Listener Collage/Group Photo Project 
Site Admin

So inspired by some recent chat and our portraits done by vietrose [ viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1146 ], we were thinking about making a giant group photo style artwork. Where past guest hosts as well as active forum users can submit an avatar/art drawing of themselves and then we put it all together for one giant group photo.

Ideal form for submission:
Chest and head only with a banner or box below with their real or user name
png file
suggested sizes 250x250 or 500x500

EDIT: We might not a collage, must just have a gallery or something, but the same rules apply for the file submission. Get them in soon and you might make it into the print edition of our upcoming AGOT or ACOK art project book fan/guest host gallery !

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

That sounds like an awesome idea, will be a lot of fun to see. However, what kind of skill level are you looking at? My own skills dont' extend beyond MS Paint, you see, but I still want to participate.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:19 pm
Site Admin

Well people are submitting themselves (unless you can get a friend or forumer to draw you) so its pretty flexible - probably better to keep the file large/high quality so we can resize to the proper size as needed.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:52 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast artist ☁

;) I'm working on a fanart inspired by the Legend of Korra BoK podcasts. hint: harem :lol:

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 pm
Site Admin

vietrose wrote:
;) I'm working on a fanart inspired by the Legend of Korra BoK podcasts. hint: harem :lol:

:lol:

We've got quite the subculture community developing here. What is next, podcast fanfiction?? (Lex got us started on that for BOK... brynden and others are carrying it forward :mrgreen: ) Podcast shipping wars? :o

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:32 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast artist ☁

Amin wrote:
vietrose wrote:

We've got quite the subculture community developing here. What is next, podcast fanfiction?? (Lex got us started on that for BOK... brynden and others are carrying it forward :mrgreen: ) Podcast shipping wars? :o

I've seen those, haha, they're fantastic. We're creating an alternate universe. :lol: I might spin my own little story for this new fanart. 8-)
Shipping wars between hosts might veer a little creepy because you guys are real people, not alter egos or characters.... @_@

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:43 pm
Site Admin

vietrose wrote:
Amin wrote:
vietrose wrote:

I've seen those, haha, they're fantastic. We're creating an alternate universe. :lol: I might spin my own little story for this new fanart. 8-)
Shipping wars between hosts might veer a little creepy because you guys are real people, not alter egos or characters.... @_@

Yeah I wasn't requesting it, I was fearing it :mrgreen:
I think in one of the past episodes the question was submitted: what if Mimi and I shacked up? Linecom will probably come across it in his relisten project, I don't remember where it was.

Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:47 pm
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

Amin wrote:
vietrose wrote:

Amin, some of the groups you joined the Podcast Deviant Art group up to terrify me. They have pictures based on fanfictions, and I was horrifed to see a teenage Jaime hooking up with Brienne from a fanfiction called 'Westerosi high'. Note, the only two types of fan arts I see there are older Sandor creeping on Sansa, and Jaime and Brienne making out.

Another group has let us join on the condition that we 'read their journals and create a character'. I am scared they want us to do some horrible roleplay stuff!

As much fun as we have here, there is a much scarier ASOIAF subculture out there, I think. :shock:

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:22 am
Site Admin

jesicka309 wrote:
Amin wrote:
vietrose wrote:

Amin, some of the groups you joined the Podcast Deviant Art group up to terrify me. They have pictures based on fanfictions, and I was horrifed to see a teenage Jaime hooking up with Brienne from a fanfiction called 'Westerosi high'. Note, the only two types of fan arts I see there are older Sandor creeping on Sansa, and Jaime and Brienne making out.

Another group has let us join on the condition that we 'read their journals and create a character'. I am scared they want us to do some horrible roleplay stuff!

As much fun as we have here, there is a much scarier ASOIAF subculture out there, I think. :shock:

You are only now discovering that now, I see :mrgreen: SANSAN owns deviant art... it is crazy... lots of skilled female artists seem to be really into SANSAN... it's all cool though, deviant art has fan art for every movie/story/book, etc :ugeek:

If you do decide to make a character, it is in House Manwoody of course -- But don't do anything you are not comfortable with :D

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:30 am
Profile WWW
☁ podcast artist ☁

Do you want guidelines? Like chest and head only with a banner or box below with their real or user name? Or do you want full body? I think it'll easier to put together if the drawing has some kind of unity. :)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:06 am
podcast historian

you should also say more about the format - otherwise the person who should compose that will be very pissed.

for example: 150x150 png-files

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:09 am
Profile WWW
☁ podcast artist ☁

brynden wrote:
you should also say more about the format - otherwise the person who should compose that will be very pissed.

for example: 150x150 png-files

Definitely png because it'll keep erased backgrounds (usually white) empty so you can overlap pictures without interference of background white squares. Although not everyone has photoshop you might have to erase the background yourself....

Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:19 am
☁ podcast artist ☁

150X150 is quite small, I would aim for 250 or 500 unless there are going to be a lot of submissions
Start bigger, than everyone should downsize it later.

For Photoshop users:

To erase 'background':
press down on the eraser tool for a few seconds > magic eraser tool> click twice on the background
clean up edges with > "background eraser tool"
*save as png*

To crop image to specific size
menu bar > Image > Image Size > put in 150 in either width or height value (it won't stretch or squash the image because the other value will change accordingly)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:03 pm
Site Admin

Ok I will put 250 x 250 or 500 x 500 as suggested size. It can always be scaled down without quality loss, right?

Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:15 pm
Profile WWW
podcast doctor

doesnt the nature of this project basically exclude anyone who doesnt know how to draw?

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:56 am
podcast fanatics ☺

linecom1 wrote:
doesnt the nature of this project basically exclude anyone who doesnt know how to draw?

That's exactly what I was thinking... :(

Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:59 am
Site Admin

linecom1 wrote:

As mentioned earlier:

A) Anyone can draw. You just will have an ugly avatar :mrgreen:

B) You could beg one of your friends or the forumers to draw your avatar after this thing gets going.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:09 am
Profile WWW
podcast fanatics ☺

If anyone is willing to volunteer their drawing talents I'm not going to ask you to put you name on the forums or you may get bombarded with messages, but maybe you could send me a private message or something. I'd love to be a part of this. I'm just horrible when it comes to anything artistic. :roll: <---- closest thing I could find to puppy dog eyes lol.

Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 pm
☁ podcast artist ☁

I was waiting for someone else to do this first before I start mine so I'm sure what I'm suppose to do but I don't know when I'll have time again so I guess I'll have to be the first... Just tell me if I should do anything different.

So here is me in a Manwoody shirt and a leather duster.

Attachments:
Not downloaded yet
Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:37 am
Site Admin

sisaat wrote:
I was waiting for someone else to do this first before I start mine so I'm sure what I'm suppose to do but I don't know when I'll have time again so I guess I'll have to be the first... Just tell me if I should do anything different.

So here is me in a Manwoody shirt and a leather duster.

Excellent, once again exceeding expectations :)

Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:54 am
Profile WWW
podcast historian

Has it to be painted in MsPaint as the chapters?
(Not that it will help much if I'm doing it per hand and scan it ;) )

Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

brynden wrote:
Has it to be painted in MsPaint as the chapters?
(Not that it will help much if I'm doing it per hand and scan it ;) )

No, can use any software or draw by hand and scan.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:06 pm
Profile WWW
podcast fanatics ☺

As of yet, is there any type of deadline?

Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:27 pm
Site Admin

No. I mean theoretically people could be added to the background continually over time. Wouldn't want to make too many copies though, so maybe a picture update every few months.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:01 pm
Profile WWW
podcast fanatics ☺

I was just curious because I'm trying to work on one for myself right now. Being horrible at artsy stuff is making it take a while. If I end up looking vaguely human i'll consider it a success, but I'm putting a lot of time into it so hopefully it comes out nice.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:45 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

Ok... how's this? i can try again, but thats probably the best i'll be able to squeeze out. :D

Completely inaccurate though. 8-) Still willing to take any offered help.

I left it big. I figured scaling it down won't mess it up at all but if you tried to scale it up it'd start getting all blury.

Attachments:
Paint Project.png [126.29 KiB]
Not downloaded yet

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:24 pm
☁ podcast artist ☁

Exodus wrote:
Ok... how's this? i can try again, but thats probably the best i'll be able to squeeze out. :D

I left it big. I figured scaling it down won't mess it up at all but if you tried to scale it up it'd start getting all blury.

You did a fantastic job! :D

Can't wait to see everyone else's avatars. 8-)

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:34 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

vietrose wrote:
Exodus wrote:

You did a fantastic job! :D

Can't wait to see everyone else's avatars. 8-)

You, little lady, make them all seem inadequate. Thank you though. :D I almost gave up and just posted a photo of Jason Stathom with my name written on it as a joke lol.

Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:43 pm
☁ podcast artist ☁

@_@ this is a unrealistic anime-chibi version but I have a more realistic one in the works. But I wanted to get the ball rolling so I'm going to submit this in for now.

Kudos for anyone who knows what Anime the school uniform I'm wearing is from! :mrgreen:

Attachments:
vietrose_500.png [90.57 KiB]
Not downloaded yet
Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:27 am
☁ podcast artist ☁

I hope you don't mind I did lineart for Elio & Linda, I'll colour if I get the okay. The lineart needs a few tweaks o_O. If they come up with their own avatars, please ignore my version then. :P

Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next