View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Episode 70 - Interview with Atlus 
podcast historian

Hi there,

I liked the episode. Quite good and serious style, the format worked. It would be great if you could make other Interview-Episodes now and then. Maybe you could get other "interesting" people to talk to. GRRM would be awesome, as would be Benioff and/or Weiss. I know they are way out of reach. But maybe you get GRRMs assistant (Ty?) or some of the actors (Hodor?)...

You should send message to WiC, Westeros and TotH - they surely would feature you on their pages (new listeners!). Thats quite unique stuff you produced here - and within the ASoIaF-community thats always great...

Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:33 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Thanks. I like that we got most of our questions from our listeners.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:56 pm
Profile WWW
house micro-woody lord

I second the "Recruit George to the Podcast" idea.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:38 pm
house micro-woody☹

I've been listening since right before the show started. But I signed up just to ask this.

Did you / can you ask the guys at Atlus how much different a playthrough with each character would be? Is it just different dialogue and interactions (like playing Mass Effect with different crewmembers) are their entirely different set pieces and plotlines.

I ask because EVERY screenshot has shown one of them in the North and one of them in the South, but the interviews have always implied that both characters will have a chance to interact with Mormont and/or Varys.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:20 pm
house manwoody lord

What I understand is that you play as both characters during the game.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:49 pm
house micro-woody lord

That's what how I took it too. The characters you play will alternate back and forth between their stories as you play the game, similar to how the chapters in the novels work. I could be wrong.

Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:41 am
for my freckles, your grace

Just like the chapters in the book alternate from one character to another and then another while all advance the overall story so is the case for the RPG. You don't choose one or the other at the beginning. One chapter with one character and then another with the second character and then back to the first and so on.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:12 pm
house micro-woody lord

Great episode.

I think it says a lot that they would put the effort in to come onto the podcast and fuck around with you dudes. I actually went on Amazon at work while I was listening and pre-ordered the art book because of that.
I mean, I'll pretty much buy whatever merch comes out that is related to this series cause I'm a sucker for it, but at least the game looks good and from what you guys discussed it sounds pretty decent too.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:53 pm
house manwoody mongoballer

*cough* hopefully someone out there will scan the artbook, your opinions on that would make for a good
segment on a future ep mos 'def.

Great episode though, APOIAF IMHO always felt was on the closest level to George's own demeanor.
The ability to go balls-out serious but always very balls-deep self aware and know that's it's not the end of the world
when you end your books with football puns ;___;.

Watch, you get George on for an episode but he craftily bends you all into a 3 1/2 hour long
podcast about the Giants, and the strange ghoulish others who inhabit beyond the wall-

... New Jersey.

He kept his face clean-shaven, but his thick hair fell to his collar like a valyrian mudslide, divided by a streak of gristle.His eyes seemed black as he sat outlined against the dying sun, sharpening his steel, but she had looked at them from a closer vantage and she knew that they were purple. Dark purple. Dark and angry. By tradition the Targaryens were the finest bakers in all the Seven Kingdoms... but Hotpie was Hotpie. - pg 237, A Rasher Of Bacon

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:46 pm
Profile WWW
for my freckles, your grace

PieWhoWasPromised wrote:
Watch, you get George on for an episode but he craftily bends you all into a 3 1/2 hour long
podcast about the Giants, and the strange ghoulish others who inhabit beyond the wall-

... New Jersey.

I could have a 3.5 hour conversation with George about the Giants. It would be a 3 hour argument though!

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:28 pm
house manwoody lord

Good episode. I will have to try this game if I can find the time (30-40 hours shouldn't be too difficult to work in, I don't think).

Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]