View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
episode 73. 
house mormont

Hey, guys. I've just started listening to the podcast, and it's already shot up right near the top of my list of personal favourites; I'll definitely be going back through all the back episodes.

I just wanted to chip in with an observation about episode 73. I totally agree with the sentiments about the casting of black actors, so I don't want to start any kind of stupid race debate or come across as a pedant. But I just wanted to point out that Lucian Msamati (Salladhor Saan) and Nonso Anozie (Xaro Xhoan Daxos) aren't 'African-American', they're both British. Hearing that term applied to non-Americans of African descent is one of my pet peeves, even when know it's well-meaning, and intended to avoid offence.

But anyway, great episode, Larry's great, you guys are hilarious. Keep up the good work.

Sun May 06, 2012 4:58 pm
for my freckles, your grace

Godfather wrote:
Hey, guys. I've just started listening to the podcast, and it's already shot up right near the top of my list of personal favourites; I'll definitely be going back through all the back episodes.

I just wanted to chip in with an observation about episode 73. I totally agree with the sentiments about the casting of black actors, so I don't want to start any kind of stupid race debate or come across as a pedant. But I just wanted to point out that Lucian Msamati (Salladhor Saan) and Nonso Anozie (Xaro Xhoan Daxos) aren't 'African-American', they're both British. Hearing that term applied to non-Americans of African descent is one of my pet peeves, even when know it's well-meaning, and intended to avoid offence.

But anyway, great episode, Larry's great, you guys are hilarious. Keep up the good work.

Welcome to the boards Godfather. Great to have ya.

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Sun May 06, 2012 6:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2