View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Best of A Podcast of Ice and Fire - Help with the Project 
Site Admin

September 2013 Edit: VOK has, with our blessing, done an episode composing a best of list based off a lot of the suggestions here [ http://vokpodcast.wordpress.com/?p=286&preview=true ] That will probably be it for this project for the time being, feel free to continue to add new best moments as new episodes come out, as I expect a later file to be created but perhaps not for another few years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey all. So it is time to get this project underway. The first thing that needs to be done, though, is to organize all the suggestions from the previous topic [ viewtopic.php?f=8&t=112] . They need to be sorted under the appropriate episodes listed in the project planning file here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/13pn ... UCzIo/edit

So if anyone has spare time on their hands and feels like helping they can start doing that. If you do a lot of work on there make sure to save a copy on your computer just in case it is later lost (I think there are ways to restore older saves but just to be safe). People with new ideas for the best of segments should just directly enter them into the file. Remember to include the exact time range of the portion/comments/chat you are recommending.

Not everything that is listed in the file will make it into the final product. I will make the decision of what to include or not at that point or may do 2 or more files rather than one bloated file if it comes to it.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:26 am
Profile WWW
podcast historian

Hi,
I just added all up to TheBartolomeo's post on page 2 (at least the ones where a specific epsiode AND time was given).

Just wanted to keep sure that is how you want it before working my way through 10 pages of posts...

Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:42 am
Profile WWW
podcast historian

worked my way through all the pages (i had lots of time today and was somehow bored :))

i have to admit i only copied the ones were at least an episode title/number was given. that's especially interesting for things like: "all chapter recaps kyle/chase gave" or "kyle as cressen". i'm sorry guys, but thats something we have to find again ;)

i also added which user suggested the moment

somebody should check if I did not forget any important "quote". there are no great moments in the last ~10 epsiodes mentioned. somebody should check that also

Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:53 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Thanks! And good idea with the forum user listing too

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:34 am
Profile WWW
podcast historian

I have added some more great moments, but I would propose a re-hear from about ep50-65 because there we have a lack of references.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:03 am
Profile WWW
☁ podcast art manager ☁

I am a new user, and didn't make note properly when listening to those episodes.

However, I have a suggestion: looking at the comments on each episode could help? Things that were particularly funny would have been mentioned, so it could be a memory jog of awesome episodes. I will have a look at this tomorrow.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:35 am
podcast historian

currently working my way through the mentioned episodes. am i the only one helping on this :?:

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:22 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Looks like it, but nice work! I won't be able to start compiling this until June, but things are progressing well. Probably for the best as we may have good moments from the season 2 recap episodes to include.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
podcast historian

doesn't matter - i listen to it when i have time and try to note down the good moments... its good to hear that there is time until june to do that.

i have to admit that finding especially outstanding good moments in the episodes starting with ep50 is quite hard - it seems the whole episodes are good. they are focussed on the topic, with funny derails sometimes and sharp jokes or outbursts of nerdrage in between - just as the podcast is in its best times IMHO.

so if somebody would ask me at the moment "where and when" to start i would say: try to start with 50 and put the girls- and guys night out in between. and when the podcasters hit a hiatus sometime, you have stuff to go back :D .

Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Yes, I agree - the later episodes are higher in quality, on average. And I see the guys and girls night episodes as good stand-alone "flagship" episodes that new listeners can just jump into.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:28 pm
Profile WWW
podcast convert

brynden wrote:
"kyle as cressen". i'm sorry guys, but thats something we have to find again ;)
One of my favourite moments so far. I added it to the document (it's from Episode 45). Also added Chase's beard shaving (Episode 48) which I just heard today.

Fri May 18, 2012 3:42 am
house smallwoody lord

My favourite segment of the podcast is when Elio, in an unknown GNO compared Gandalf to Melisandre and Linda was in disbelief. :lol:

Fri May 18, 2012 3:45 am
podcast historian

Careless wrote:
My favourite segment of the podcast is when Elio, in an unknown GNO compared Gandalf to Melisandre and Linda was in disbelief. :lol:

THat only can be in GNo1 or GNo2 - because in one of these Elio says something like "the girl tha should not be on a guys night out looks at me in disbelief." I'l check that during the next days :), my bet would be GNo1

Fri May 18, 2012 7:17 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Quote:
THat only can be in GNo1 or GNo2 - because in one of these Elio says something like "the girl tha should not be on a guys night out looks at me in disbelief." I'l check that during the next days :), my bet would be GNo1

Elio was not in GNo1 :o ... I am the only person who survived that episode aftershow :mrgreen:

Fri May 18, 2012 9:15 am
Profile WWW
podcast historian

Amin wrote:
Quote:

Elio was not in GNo1 :o ... I am the only person who survived that episode aftershow :mrgreen:

shame on me. even the stats-guy can be wrong if he does not refer to his sheet before posting :D

Fri May 18, 2012 9:53 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody☹

Hi brynden. I'm new to the forums and podcast ( still haven't listened to them all) but i think all the Ros jokes definitely need to be added in. They are so consistent that they're almost a segment of the podcast. Plus i love them.
I also, on an unrelated note, wonder how many times Hot Pie is mentioned in the podcast series. Need a Hot Pie counter. I'm tempted to relisten just to start counting...

Sat May 19, 2012 9:49 am
podcast historian

hi,
welcome, good to have you here doraleus.

Although it seems that I'm responsible for that topic, it still is/was Amin's idea. So I can easily say: You are welcome to add the "best scenes" yourself to the google-document Amin has linked up there somewhere.

Sat May 19, 2012 11:53 am
Profile WWW
☑ guest host ♘

The show opens tend to be good, probably a good place to start.

The Call In Epsiode open is particularly good.

Sat May 19, 2012 2:01 pm
team blacksmith

I would love, love, love it if we could get a spliced montage of all the reactions to The Bathtub Scene from Ep. 80.

Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:55 am
for my freckles, your grace

No m'lady it's too hot!

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:25 am
bastards of kingsgrave fan

newish poster..one of my faves was when Mimi said something along the lines of "...If you are that much of a pearl clutch-er get the fuck off my podcast"...I died laughing..Also when Amin was having connection problems and out of nowhere he appears and says "what is dead may never die...." and everyone starts cracking up because he still sounded like he under water..lol

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:26 am
podcast historian

AliciaG wrote:
newish poster..one of my faves was when Mimi said something along the lines of "...If you are that much of a pearl clutch-er get the fuck off my podcast"...I died laughing..Also when Amin was having connection problems and out of nowhere he appears and says "what is dead may never die...." and everyone starts cracking up because he still sounded like he under water..lol

first and foremost: welcome

regarding the first: do you have an idea to whom mimi said that? that is normally a good staring point - i like it when mimi says it "her" podcast - crazy podcasting queen taking over :mrgreen:

the second: that should be easier - it was one of the last episodes and i think its mentioned in the info that there were technical problems - i'll look for that now that i'm back and have time

Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
team stannis

brynden wrote:
AliciaG wrote:

the second: that should be easier - it was one of the last episodes and i think its mentioned in the info that there were technical problems - i'll look for that now that i'm back and have time

Ep 76 about 1:44:30 ish
equally unintentionally funny "creaking door" is @ 1:50:50 ish

Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:24 pm
podcast historian

thx ftward - that was really fast. I added both to the file.

brynden wrote:
AliciaG wrote:
newish poster..one of my faves was when Mimi said something along the lines of "...If you are that much of a pearl clutch-er get the fuck off my podcast"...I died laughing

still looking for that one. thought Chase might have been the one and started randomly with episode 20. it was not in that one.

but:

I would suggest a re-listen to Episode 20, it is great!

Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:21 am
Profile WWW
house stark

Hot Pie for president!

Mimi's live reaction to the shadow baby 'birthing' scene in the show

Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:07 pm
★wardens of the woody★

aryastark7330 wrote:
Hot Pie for president!

Mimi's live reaction to the shadow baby 'birthing' scene in the show

YES THIS. that was just the best, made my day

Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:18 pm
house manwoody knight

Episode 63: GNO.V3 ADWD Review

47:24 to 47:52

A discussion begins about racial themes in ASOIAF and all of a sudden we get what is one of my all time favourite moments, as Moqorro becomes a baptist fire priest.

Episode 64: ADWD Call In Episode

Conversation is focused on Cersei's walk of shame and out of nowhere comes the best misuse of a line from the TV series, as you now wonder what keeps the peace in Westeros, courtesy of Amin.

1.20:30 to 1.20:40

"You want to know the horrible truth? I can't even remember what she looked like. I only know she was the one thing I ever wanted. Someone took her away from me... and seven kingdoms couldn't fill the hole she left behind."

Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:06 pm
Profile WWW
podcast historian

I swear that Chase predicted Jon's death in Episode 41: Illegitimate Shadow Babies but I can not find it again...

Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:37 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody lord

One of my favourite moment's was when Mimi watched the Melisandre shadow baby scene live.

Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:11 pm
♜ vassals of kingsgrave curator ♖

I am a fan of episode 11, Fice and Ire. Fice and Ire is of course a very short episode but I think there are some very good highlights from the episode.

1) [00:02:00 - 00:03:39] Intro: The hosts mention George didn't meet his deadline...then he decided to go on vacation to Europe.

2) [00:12:49] Podcast hosts discuss irrational fears.

3) [00:14:29] Ashley's fear of telephones, phoning strangers, turning down promotions in work for Customer Service due to using phones and avoiding phoning for taxis.

4) [00:16:30] Ashley 2's avoidance of knocking on doors.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next