View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Podcast Listeners - By Country or Region 

What country/region do you live in?
Canada 10%  10%  [ 48 ]
United States 47%  47%  [ 235 ]
Rest of North America 0%  0%  [ 2 ]
Central America 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
South America 2%  2%  [ 8 ]
Western Europe 27%  27%  [ 134 ]
Eastern Europe 5%  5%  [ 24 ]
Africa 0%  0%  [ 2 ]
Australia 6%  6%  [ 30 ]
Rest of Oceania 1%  1%  [ 6 ]
West Asia (including Middle East) 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
East Asia 1%  1%  [ 7 ]
South Asia 0%  0%  [ 2 ]
Antarctica (you never know) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 505

Podcast Listeners - By Country or Region 
Site Admin

Poll completion is completely optional

If you only see your region, or feel you are in an overlapping region, feel free to post your location. If you see your country but wish to share your specific state/province/territory or city, feel free to do so.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:29 am
Profile WWW
podcast historian

Austria normally is considered to be in Central Europe - but comparing Europe with bigger parts of the world I understand the division into Western/Eastern and will therefor go with:
Eastern Europe ;)

Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:38 am
Profile WWW
house smallwoody lord

brynden wrote:
Austria normally is considered to be in Central Europe - but comparing Europe with bigger parts of the world I understand the division into Western/Eastern and will therefor go with:
Eastern Europe ;)
Austria should be considered in Western Europe though, at least when looking at the Iron Curtain.

Is it just me or does the curtain alongside West Germany, down to Austria with the dot in Berlin shape a human face, btw? :lol:

Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:11 am
podcast historian

Careless wrote:
brynden wrote:
Eastern Europe ;)
Austria should be considered in Western Europe though, at least when looking at the Iron Curtain.

Is it just me or does the curtain alongside West Germany, down to Austria with the dot in Berlin shape a human face, btw? :lol:

Thats totally right, but the iron curtain fell over 20 years ago and I have to say: Hungary and Slovakia are way "nearer" to me than Portugal/Spain (especially when living in Vienna which lies more eastern than Berlin). Therefore I go with East. Any other Germans/Austrians can take another option, I go with that, although it might seem false in a historic point of view :)

Same but more extreme example: Would you say Greece is in the east or west of europe? Historically West, geographically East...

Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:02 am
Profile WWW
☑ guest host ♘

I live in Greece, and I put Eastern Europe. I picked it purely on geography and not on culture. Anyway, the rest of Europe is ready to kick Greece out anyway...

Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:18 pm
house micro-woody lord

If Austria is Eastern then so is Croatia even do I consider us Central and Mediterranean.

Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:04 pm
podcast historian

Mean25 wrote:
If Austria is Eastern then so is Croatia even do I consider us Central and Mediterranean.

As I said in my first post here: If there's only west and east to chose, I'll chose east. If there were also Central-Europe as choice it would be way different ;)

Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:44 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody lord

Im suprised there is so little diversity in the origins of listeners i though ASoIaF was world famous

Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:01 am
house stark

I live in England :)

Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:08 am
☑ ☑ ☑ guest host: triple gold club™

RAWHAM 95 wrote:
Im suprised there is so little diversity in the origins of listeners i though ASoIaF was world famous

Perhaps these people all over the world who are into ASOIAF don't speak english?

"At some point you will tell the duck what you are doing next and then realise that that is not in fact what you are actually doing. The duck will sit there serenely, happy in the knowledge that it has helped you on your way."

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:00 pm
house micro-woody☹

I´m from Czech republic - the heart of Europe:)) but I voted for the eastern obtion..

Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:34 pm
wildlings

hmm, only 5 people form Eastern Europe... and I believe I'm the only one from Romania... I just feel so lonely!
I have only one friend that has read the series but he just keeps shoving books down my throat... :x
On the other hand, Madrid is my second home, so I suppose I'm more like half Eastern, half Western Europe....but none of my friends from there have read ASOIAF...

Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:49 am
Profile YIM
Site Admin

We're hoping for a surge of Swedish listeners now that I heard the following news from Elio and Linda :P

Quote:
SVT is Sweden's national broadcaster. They're airing GoT season 1. TV Cirkeln -- TV Circle -- is an after-show where three hosts talk about the show.

Anyways, last week for episode 7 they discussed various related sites to point fans to, and the first one they recommended as a favorite was the Podcast of Ice and Fire.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:13 am
Profile WWW
house smallwoody lord

Amin wrote:
We're hoping for a surge of Swedish listeners now that I heard the following news from Elio and Linda :P

Quote:
SVT is Sweden's national broadcaster. They're airing GoT season 1. TV Cirkeln -- TV Circle -- is an after-show where three hosts talk about the show.

Anyways, last week for episode 7 they discussed various related sites to point fans to, and the first one they recommended as a favorite was the Podcast of Ice and Fire.
325 535 viewed the 6:th episode of GoT and 87 381 Tv-cirkeln. I wouldn't expect an immediate increase in the downloads considering they would have to read the books first, though. ;)

Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:41 am
♕(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

careless: i am so addicted to your avatar.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:55 am
Profile WWW
house micro-woody lord

I live in Scotland in the UK. I know we are part of the European Union but we don't use the Euro Currency. Was never sure if UK was classed as Europe or not. Never listened in Geography but I assume it comes under western Europe.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:05 pm
house micro-woody☹

I live in England. Started listening at the start of this series (2). Good to hear a take from people who actually know the books. :ugeek: Really funny too

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:19 pm
podcast fanatics ☺

Originally from Georgia (where I call home), but station in Delaware.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:37 am
house stark

The UK is part of Europe. We don't need to have the currency of euro's to be part of Europe or the European Union

Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:56 am
★wardens of the woody★

I live in London. Which barely acknowledges that it's part of England let alone Europe!

Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:12 pm
house micro-woody☹

I'm not quite sure what to vote for cause I'm from the Philippines which is technically in Southeast Asia... Near Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore, ish.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:45 pm
house micro-woody☹

Wow, so besides me only one other person who answered this pole is from south america...
I can understand as the books got released here in Brazil, for example, only last year...

Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:45 pm
house tinywoody

I'm from Switzerland. Which is not really part of Europe (respectively the EU) ;)

Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:34 am
for my freckles, your grace

I really want to get one of those 1,000 people that live in Antarctica. Maybe we should ship off an iPod full of all our episodes and dominate an entire continent!

www.MADCANARD.com

FF: The Rat Cook

Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:44 pm
house manwoody mongoballer

Kyle wrote:
I really want to get one of those 1,000 people that live in Antarctica. Maybe we should ship off an iPod full of all our episodes and dominate an entire continent!

There's got to be someone who's read ASOIAF down there, or atleast a few Others.

I'd send one to Svalbard as well.

He kept his face clean-shaven, but his thick hair fell to his collar like a valyrian mudslide, divided by a streak of gristle.His eyes seemed black as he sat outlined against the dying sun, sharpening his steel, but she had looked at them from a closer vantage and she knew that they were purple. Dark purple. Dark and angry. By tradition the Targaryens were the finest bakers in all the Seven Kingdoms... but Hotpie was Hotpie. - pg 237, A Rasher Of Bacon

Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
house bolton

Bina007 wrote:
I live in London. Which barely acknowledges that it's part of England let alone Europe!

You're lucky, I live in Birmingham which the rest of England barely acknowledges is part of England, let alone Europe. Ah well!

"No tales were ever told of me. Do you think I would be sitting here if it were otherwise? Your amusements are your own, I will not chide you on that count, but you must be more discreet. A peaceful land, a quiet people. That has always been my rule. Make it yours."

Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:46 pm
house micro-woody☹

Can't believe I'm the only listener in all of Africa
To be more specific I'm from Khartoum, Sudan
But i think it's understandable since i got hooked on the show and book while in canada
Most people here don't know of HBO obviously never heard of ASOIAF

Tue May 01, 2012 8:46 am
house smallwoody lord

ahmedsa0 wrote:
Can't believe I'm the only listener in all of Africa
To be more specific I'm from Khartoum, Sudan
But i think it's understandable since i got hooked on the show and book while in canada
Most people here don't know of HBO obviously never heard of ASOIAF
Beside that, I don't think many readers even listen to this podcast, let alone bothers to register on the forum and answer a poll.

Tue May 01, 2012 9:25 am
house yronwoody

Nick of the North wrote:
You're lucky, I live in Birmingham which the rest of England barely acknowledges is part of England, let alone Europe. Ah well!

You live in Birmingham? On purpose!?!

I think we once got lost on the M6, the experience haunts me to today.

But seriously, anywhere that's not in East Anglia scares me.

...I live a very sheltered life...

Sat May 12, 2012 5:39 pm
☁ podcast art manager ☁

13 Australians!! Go team!!!!

Sat May 12, 2012 5:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 115 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next